Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkoes! On my way to the gym for 3 hours of cardio. New smartish watch has improved the success of my efforts in a short time. Keeping myself in the various zones has increased my endurance and shortened recovery times. Plus my resting heart rate has been consistently 60 or below for the last week. Happiness. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is it Friday yet?
:stupid:

Kinda cold this morning, 15F when going to the train station. Gonna get hot for winter, 50s expected tomorrow and Thursday. Buh bye snow. Interesting developments at work, moar work is likely going to land on my plate - with no compensation compensation, indeed. :rant:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning Monkoes! On my way to the gym for 3 hours of cardio. New smartish watch has improved the success of my efforts in a short time. Keeping myself in the various zones has increased my endurance and shortened recovery times. Plus my resting heart rate has been consistently 60 or below for the last week. Happiness. :)
3 hours? Jeez. That's a lot of treadmill time.
What smartish watch are you using?

Hmm... 16" new at Copper. I think, mayhaps, @Full Trucker was right.
19" in 24hrs at <3Land ... and I'm working.
More snow coming over the next few. Wax 'em up.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Walked through the door at work this morning and right through the middle of two people in the process of breaking up. Awwwwkward.

Dropped by the LBS last night and supported them as they have supported me.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
lack of sleep, stayed up way too late getting my laptop into safe mode and then fixing a crash issue.

re Pigboy: been there done that in my ten years of living in the Santa Cruz mountains. I don't miss going on the wires down, tree into houses, mudslide calls with the Fire Department at all. Hope he stays safe

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had about 75% of the toenails on both big toes removed.
Due to excessive smashing into east-coast rox they were completely destroyed and fucking gnarly.
#lowbottombracketproblems

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

It is currently dumping snow here, but the weather peoples are saying it will turn to rain this afternoon and then the temperature is supposed to keep rising. WTF mate. Can it either be winter or not winter?

Being audited at work sucks. In prep for an upcoming one, I have to fill out an excel sheet with 20+ columns that make reference to some acronyms and other mumbo jumbo, of course with no explanation or pointer to what anything actually means. :twitch:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Crashed on the rollers last night. I was trying to get off to the left and had a weird veer to the right at the last minute and went down pretty hard. Wifey opened the garage door to make sure I wasn't dead and went back inside without saying a word. That's some loves right there.

Supposed to do sprint run workout tonight. I'm not keen on that at this point and might run 5 miles instead.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Did someone remove them for you? Or did you apply the old whiskey+bongshed self-remedy?
Wifey demanded I get a pedicure to remedy issue, they cut them off with scissors.
Was satisfactorily blazed by default but had no idea what I was getting into.
1/10, do not want to bang again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey demanded I get a pedicure to remedy issue, they cut them off with scissors.
Was satisfactorily blazed by default but had no idea what I was getting into.
1/10, do not want to bang again.
i have weird toes and have to be very particular about how i trim my big toenails, as they are prone to getting ingrown. very important now that i've started climbing again.

also, my left big toe has one of the joints fused together from a bad break due to east coast rox.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin!

Walked through the door at work this morning and right through the middle of two people in the process of breaking up. Awwwwkward.
Had something sort of similar happen to me once. I was once at a strip mall getting my phone screen replaced, waiting outside, and a man and a woman began discussing their divorce details in front of me. Pretty sordid stuff about cheating, jewels, and ownership of businesses etc.... I assume they thought I couldn't understand because they were speaking in spanish. But I can. And It was pretty entertaining.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had something sort of similar happen to me once. I was once at a strip mall getting my phone screen replaced, waiting outside, and a man and a woman began discussing their divorce details in front of me. Pretty sordid stuff about cheating, jewels, and ownership of businesses etc.... I assume they thought I couldn't understand because they were speaking in spanish. But I can. And It was pretty entertaining.
You should've left a parting comment in Spanish to fuck with them.

Back in the day, I was in a business meeting in europe.
The other parties started talking in dutch, despite speaking flawless english, basically scheming ways to game the system in their favor.
I quietly let them finish then addressed everything they said before denying them distribution of our products for being douchebags.
They should've read my business card more closely, as my NL address and phone number were clearly listed (I lived there for 4 years, working for a US company).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should've left a parting comment in Spanish to fuck with them.

Back in the day, I was in a business meeting in europe.
The other parties started talking in dutch, despite speaking flawless english, basically scheming ways to game the system in their favor.
I quietly let them finish then addressed everything they said before denying them distribution of our products for being douchebags.
They should've read my business card more closely, as my NL address and phone number were clearly listed (I lived there for 4 years, working for a US company).
Flawless victory.

I hope there were high level executives present from their company.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wax 'em up.
That reminds me: you have a wax recommendation? I felt the skis were sliding super slow on the heavy powder on Sunday.

Crashed on the rollers last night. I was trying to get off to the left and had a weird veer to the right at the last minute and went down pretty hard. Wifey opened the garage door to make sure I wasn't dead and went back inside without saying a word. That's some loves right there.
That's hilarious, at least the post-crash reaction. :D

I am at work. I rode in on the roads with the nerd-camera-rig on my chest to see if the horizon tilt and other issues persist post-reset and recalibration.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a lax day. Wife has an appointment this week with the orthopedic surgeon to look at her ankle. Hope she won't need work, just set it and forget it. But who knows. Hope for the best. The whole lack of PTO sucks, though.

On a lighter note, I am seriously looking to sell my dirt bike for a newer version. All this snow talk is making me crazy!!!

Braaaaaap!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hmm... 16" new at Copper. I think, mayhaps, @Full Trucker was right.
19" in 24hrs at <3Land ... and I'm working.
More snow coming over the next few. Wax 'em up.
That reminds me: you have a wax recommendation? I felt the skis were sliding super slow on the heavy powder on Sunday.
I know it's not where the cool kids go, but I'm just sayin'

edit: They are also closed again today due to CDOT closing 50 because of avalanche danger.