Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
3 hours? Jeez. That's a lot of treadmill time.
What smartish watch are you using?
Garmin Vivocative HR; for training purposes I am pretty impressed, I've only used satellite tracking once and it was spot on for the route I took.

Today's workout was 90 minutes on the treadmill in 12/3 intervals at a 12 minute pace covering a little over 7 miles., 60 minutes on the elliptical at 10/10, and 30 minutes on the rowing machine. On the treadmill I did about 50/50 aerobic and threshold, for the other two I kept it in the aerobic range. Also managed 6 laps in the pool which consisted of 3 laps of front crawl and 3 laps of backstroke... or as close as I could approximate.

It was good. Will bang again Thursday. :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Wifey demanded I get a pedicure to remedy issue, they cut them off with scissors.
Was satisfactorily blazed by default but had no idea what I was getting into.
1/10, do not want to bang again.
Couldn't you have taken care of it yourself with one of your Festool sanders. Surely there's a toenail accessory.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Garmin Vivocative HR; for training purposes I am pretty impressed, I've only used satellite tracking once and it was spot on for the route I took.
i have the same one (there's a thread somewhere) and i've been extremely pleased with it. i have the chest strap sensor for when i'm exercising. i'm also planning on getting the bike sensors as well.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
SITUATION
Moist air continues to stream off the Pacific into our forecast area. Snowfall became heavy yesterday afternoon and continued overnight and into the day. Eight to 18 inches of dense new snow with one to two inches of moisture has fallen across the region since yesterday afternoon. Areas of significant rainfall have occurred at the lower elevations. Wet slides impacted highways in the Hoback and Snake River Canyons. Natural avalanche activity involving the new snow occurred in the mountains. The Wyoming Department of Transportation reported that the Cow of the Woods and Twin Slides avalanches paths released naturally. A very large avalanche was explosively triggered in the Glory Bowl slide path. Natural releases were widespread on steep banks and road cuts at all elevations. Poor visibility and dangerous conditions limited the observation of avalanche activity in the backcountry.

Temperatures were mostly in the 20s in the mountains; however they began to drop into the teens during the later afternoon hours. Valley temperatures were in the 30s. Winds have been south to west at 20 to 40 miles per hour with gusts over 60.

The dense new snow and rain has fallen upon snow surfaces that were faceted by several days of subzero temperatures and clear skies. These conditions have created unstable conditions.
FORECAST FOR Tuesday, January 10, 2017
A prolonged and relatively warm and wet storm cycle will continue. Snowfall will occur overnight and into the day. Additional accumulations of up to ten inches are likely by tomorrow evening. Temperatures will be cooler. Teens and 20s are forecast for the mountains. Valley temperatures are anticipated to be in the 20s. Winds will be from the southwest to west at 25 to 35 with gusts to 45 miles per hour.

Dangerous avalanche conditions will continue to exist in the mountains. Slab avalanches one to three feet deep are likely to be easily triggered by humans and could release naturally. Deep persistent slab avalanches, which could involve the entire depth of the snowpack are a serious hazard in north facing upper elevation avalanche terrain. Cooler temperatures will begin to decrease the wet slide avalanche hazard at the lower elevations. The general avalanche hazard is expected to be CONSIDERABLE at the lower elevations and HIGH at the upper elevations. The avalanche warning issued by the avalanche center will be allowed to expire at 9 PM this evening.
TREND FOR Wednesday, January 11, 2017 AND Thursday, January 12, 2017
Another wave of Pacific moisture is expected as early as tomorrow afternoon or evening. This moisture impulse is forecast to continue into Wednesday and will likely to increase the avalanche hazard.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
SITUATION
Moist air continues to stream off the Pacific into our forecast area. Snowfall became heavy yesterday afternoon and continued overnight and into the day. Eight to 18 inches of dense new snow with one to two inches of moisture has fallen across the region since yesterday afternoon. Areas of significant rainfall have occurred at the lower elevations. Wet slides impacted highways in the Hoback and Snake River Canyons. Natural avalanche activity involving the new snow occurred in the mountains. The Wyoming Department of Transportation reported that the Cow of the Woods and Twin Slides avalanches paths released naturally. A very large avalanche was explosively triggered in the Glory Bowl slide path. Natural releases were widespread on steep banks and road cuts at all elevations. Poor visibility and dangerous conditions limited the observation of avalanche activity in the backcountry.

Temperatures were mostly in the 20s in the mountains; however they began to drop into the teens during the later afternoon hours. Valley temperatures were in the 30s. Winds have been south to west at 20 to 40 miles per hour with gusts over 60.

The dense new snow and rain has fallen upon snow surfaces that were faceted by several days of subzero temperatures and clear skies. These conditions have created unstable conditions.
FORECAST FOR Tuesday, January 10, 2017
A prolonged and relatively warm and wet storm cycle will continue. Snowfall will occur overnight and into the day. Additional accumulations of up to ten inches are likely by tomorrow evening. Temperatures will be cooler. Teens and 20s are forecast for the mountains. Valley temperatures are anticipated to be in the 20s. Winds will be from the southwest to west at 25 to 35 with gusts to 45 miles per hour.

Dangerous avalanche conditions will continue to exist in the mountains. Slab avalanches one to three feet deep are likely to be easily triggered by humans and could release naturally. Deep persistent slab avalanches, which could involve the entire depth of the snowpack are a serious hazard in north facing upper elevation avalanche terrain. Cooler temperatures will begin to decrease the wet slide avalanche hazard at the lower elevations. The general avalanche hazard is expected to be CONSIDERABLE at the lower elevations and HIGH at the upper elevations. The avalanche warning issued by the avalanche center will be allowed to expire at 9 PM this evening.
TREND FOR Wednesday, January 11, 2017 AND Thursday, January 12, 2017
Another wave of Pacific moisture is expected as early as tomorrow afternoon or evening. This moisture impulse is forecast to continue into Wednesday and will likely to increase the avalanche hazard.
that does sound like quite a situation. stay safe mountain monkies

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
Neighborhood was a mf'ing ice skating rink this morning. I was dodging soccer mom's all the way to work.

Also, hi. I been away for a few weeks. Ended up in the ER, back probs. Mostly better now. :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you probably saw this online ...
I70, West of the Eisenhower tunnel. Lots of people are gonna be late for dinner.
That'd stop even my Land Cruiser with Nokians, I imagine. Too bad GFF's tracked Jeep wouldn't be allowed past the fun-hating state troopers and that earth/snowmoving equipment.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Somebody is going to get hurt in the Tetons, I'd wager.
I am OUT of the BC for the foreseeable future,
Can't imagine that the upper mountain at the Village will open anytime early tomorrow (what with existing hangfire) might be a Targhee day.
Poor me.
EDIT:
So, they got Glory to slide, cleaned it up, and now will close the pass for more bombing/mitigation. Crazy cycle we have going out here...

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You should've left a parting comment in Spanish to fuck with them.

Back in the day, I was in a business meeting in europe.
The other parties started talking in dutch, despite speaking flawless english, basically scheming ways to game the system in their favor.
I quietly let them finish then addressed everything they said before denying them distribution of our products for being douchebags.
They should've read my business card more closely, as my NL address and phone number were clearly listed (I lived there for 4 years, working for a US company).
A friend of mine was at a gym when a couple of fellows started discussing her ass in her native tongue. She eventually formulated a reply, and, knowing her, I suspect that they're both still suffering from limp pecker...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
So i told yall a story about making a acquisition of a forklift. Well dude comes in yesterday acting like since hes got some bullshit ass paper work i have to give him the forklift. Well being I know how to be a landlord and also im a bit of a G... I told him to go fuck himself, He really didnt like this and wasnt paying attention, so my sister whos also a G came out and let him him have it. I later found out that dudes backup was mad dogging my sister and thats why she came out. So after having a discussion about how he can pay me or have the owner come get it, (who cant leave mexico and wants to own a wrecking yard in america). He leaves and my head of security calls his buddy whos a officer. Officer shows up and the guy comes back thinking its the cop he called. After discussing the situation and the other cop showing up and getting informed of the situation. The officers told dude that it was a civil matter between the lease holder and me. And to see if they could come up with an agreement with me. Kinda sucks for dude but he did dump a bunch of oil on the ground and stiff me on two months rent.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Also, hi. I been away for a few weeks. Ended up in the ER, back probs. Mostly better now. :)
Getting old sucks.

I am OUT of the BC for the foreseeable future,
Can't imagine that the upper mountain at the Village will open anytime early tomorrow (what with existing hangfire) might be a Targhee day.
Poor me.
EDIT:
So, they got Glory to slide, cleaned it up, and now will close the pass for more bombing/mitigation. Crazy cycle we have going out here...
You're smart.

There are lots of dumb people.

Someone's gonna get hurt.