Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm trying to figure out how this happens? Did he use a bank transfer to pay for it? :confused:
A bank check, that cleared because it was made out to a person and there is an investigation (he was one of a few that fell or it). As far as I know, he has no recourse, the ATF has the info, but the money is long gone and there were no guns to be had.

<edit> Fun act: Paypal doesn't do gun sales (I had no idea). :rofl:

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
tire monkeys-anyone have good luck with buying from tirerack.comand shipping to one of their local installers for installation?
I have gotten my last set for the Vette from there because that was the tire I was replacing and had the local shop mount and balance for $25 each. fast shipping and great service. I usually go to Discount Tire when available, otherwise it is Les Schwab.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I've had good luck with my local Discount Tire. They pricematch Tire Rack and stock Nokian.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good news internet friends! I get to keep my job and do not have relocate in order to do so. Annual review, incentive communication and merit increase also delivered and, while not as good as last year, I did earn a new Subaru. Shopping for new car will commence shortly. :)

While I really wouldn't mind unemployment / early retirement, waiting until 55 is a much better plan.

http://www.lithiasubarugreatfalls.com/showroom/2017/Subaru/Crosstrek/SUV.htm

One of these if I can find one.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
A bank check, that cleared because it was made out to a person and there is an investigation (he was one of a few that fell or it). As far as I know, he has no recourse, the ATF has the info, but the money is long gone and there were no guns to be had.

<edit> Fun act: Paypal doesn't do gun sales (I had no idea). :rofl:
Do you know the name of the website? A lot of what I end up working on my only recourse is internet purchases..... A heads up would be nice

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have gotten my last set for the Vette from there because that was the tire I was replacing and had the local shop mount and balance for $25 each. fast shipping and great service. I usually go to Discount Tire when available, otherwise it is Les Schwab.
I have gone to Discount Tire lately and they match the Tirerack price.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
two beers got me through shoveling 1/3 of the driveway. fucking east coast shit snow. gonna need some shed trips to finish the job.
It's coming down hard here now but the snow feels like wet concrete - wet, heavy, packed down. When it refreezes, it will become one. This will ruin the trails for days and days, eff.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DC I assume? How are conditions below the wall. I rode there last with jstuhlman last summer and it was pretty washed out and 'native'.
No idea - I've been riding South Valley (with some K/C thrown in) since I'm fucking WAY out of shape.

I'd imagine DC conditions are even more "au naturale" then when you blokes rode it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's coming down hard here now but the snow feels like wet concrete - wet, heavy, packed down. When it refreezes, it will become one. This will ruin the trails for days and days, eff.
about how much would you say you had so far? i've got 4-6" of this compacted nonsense depending on where i'm shoveling

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went looking at monocle furniture....stressless furniture is incredible.

cosmos pizza...delicious.

nap time soon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good news internet friends! I get to keep my job and do not have relocate in order to do so. Annual review, incentive communication and merit increase also delivered and, while not as good as last year, I did earn a new Subaru. Shopping for new car will commence shortly. :)

While I really wouldn't mind unemployment / early retirement, waiting until 55 is a much better plan.

http://www.lithiasubarugreatfalls.com/showroom/2017/Subaru/Crosstrek/SUV.htm

One of these if I can find one.
Those Crosstreks are pretty cool.

But damn, the engine they stick in it is some serious weaksauce.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Fair point but my buddies with Crosstreks uniformly complain that when loaded with more than the driver (ie full of bike shit and friends) the car can't get out of its own way. There are good examples of small, relatively efficient motors that would elevate the Crosstrek fun and function.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fair point but my buddies with Crosstreks uniformly complain that when loaded with more than the driver (ie full of bike shit and friends) the car can't get out of its own way. There are good examples of small, relatively efficient motors that would elevate the Crosstrek fun and function.
The stupid thing is that Subaru already has those engines. :busted:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Honest question: which engine does subaru offer that is efficient and has some power? I know the WRX is bad ass but as you know, not really a fuel sipper... I was envisioning one of the tiny turbos like Honda has been putting out.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do you know the name of the website? A lot of what I end up working on my only recourse is internet purchases..... A heads up would be nice
Guns America? (ironic? Yes) I can't go there (weapons blocked at work) but I think it is a message board type sale site?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@SuboptimusPrime not as efficient, but I bet the engine out of the BRZ/Toyota 86 would drop right into the Crosstrek.
wouldn't hold my breath on that one. that car was a joint project with toyota and wasn't design around AWD. so you may be able to "make it work" in the loosest sense of the phrase, but would be surprised if it offered any improvements.