Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Holy smokes we got a lot of snow last night. Fortunately(?) it was too warm to really make much of an impact on the streets, but the build up on the fence on other yard items is impressive.

FAA helping in teh hangar today. :twitch:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dreamt I was in a swimming lesson as an adult and the instructor had no suggestions. The instructor's colleague just suggested my problem was a lack of talent.

Not sure where this dream came from, heh.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. It is raining like a mofo today. 2700 yard masters swim done before work. Now I'll spend the entire work day in a software demo meeting. :dead:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Snow = usual shenanigans on the way in. I'm convinced people aren't familiar with the concept of leaving a safe braking distance in between them and the next car. Instead everyone just stacks up on each other's bumpers. Here's to hoping the snow is almost done so I don't have to do deal with this again for another 6 months.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
it's raining here too. i decided to bike to work anyways, so I'm sitting at my desk in wet pants. I guess I should go get changed into my office clothes. but I have no fucks to give. I am le tired.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Plenty of snow on the official deck railing snow-meter ... and steadily falling, straight down, no wind. I really should have picked this morning to ski. I need some fun in my head.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is dumping rain here. The kind of rain where the cars in front of you on the freeway kind of just disappear. So, no trail ride tonight.

CRC shipped my warranty replaced XT brake back via DHL, for fuck sakes. Now they want $30 for duties and processing fees. Should have just bought a new brake. :banghead:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agent is showing the apartment today and an evening open house tomorrow. Hoping we can get above asking price. I am still pretty stoked that we already have a cash offer for asking though.

All this frees up mental capacity to focus on the job hunt. Unfortunately in interview was canceled today but hopefully moved to Friday. Just gotta keep up momentum.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I either need to get up earlier or just take the later bus because the dog wants to play in the morning and I don't have the heart to not comply. Also, I was making fun of the fact that Abbey has 2 different ears. I was joking that one ear is Rottweiler and the other is Ridgeback. I took a picture to show folks, the wife posted it on a Rottie rescue facebook page, and she has been picked for the 2018 calendar the do for fund raising. Her left ear flops forward, her right stays slightly cocked. The right doesn't seem to stay forward, it's pretty funny once you notice.

It is a cute pic, I'll admit. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Almost 5" on the car this morning. I was definitely not expecting that amount of snow. Wifey got her last checks, and hot crap, she had a lot of accrued vacation and sick time. Between that and unemployment, she'll have time to get her business up and running again or to hold out for a senior position somewhere.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rain today means no ride tomorrow. guess i'll just drink. maybe go climbing.

finally started my taxes last night.

have discovered Iron Reagan and wtf have i have i been doing with my life without them.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Some say any day on the bike is better than being in the car. Those people would be wrong when it's sleeting, muddy, near freezing.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkoes! Usual 3K and 600M swim, not too intense as there are biking opportunities for tomorrow and Thursday. I may work on the Giggle Pig and get the fancy new tires installed. I may go tubeless on this wheels st depending on how easily the seat with a hand pump.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Some say any day on the bike is better than being in the car. Those people would be wrong when it's sleeting, muddy, near freezing.

Don't blame the bike for your questionable decisions... road grime will destroy a drive train pretty fast so there is also that to look forward to. Do your girls know how to detail bikes yet?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Don't blame the bike for your questionable decisions... road grime will destroy a drive train pretty fast so there is also that to look forward to. Do your girls know how to detail bikes yet?
I can already feel the drivetrain's unhappiness. I have a chain cleaner so will hit it with that tonight and all will be well once more.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Plenty of snow on the official deck railing snow-meter ... and steadily falling, straight down, no wind. I really should have picked this morning to ski. I need some fun in my head.
You think the trails will be too muddy tomorrow morning given this snow? Maybe somewhere rocky like DR? hmm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You think the trails will be too muddy tomorrow morning given this snow? Maybe somewhere rocky like DR? hmm
Yes. The climbs on DR will suck and the flat sections will be pretty bad. Zorro will be likely unrideable. This weekend should be hero dirt just about everywhere though.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Huh. Out on the plains of Kansas I got about 1/8" on the roof and only wet roads.

That's a pisser since I have tomorrow off... I don't think it's worth a half day at Winter Park since they only got 1.5" in 24 hours and were pretty bare a few weeks ago.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The logistics tomorrow just don't work out for skiing: have to pick up wife's car from detail shop after kid dropoff, and have to be back in town in time to put kids to bed since she has another rehearsal (concerts for both of us this week == rehearsals or concerts every night from Sunday through Saturday).

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
No fenders? That is amateur commuter stuff right there. Fenders also help keep the drive train cleaner.
I am totally down with fenders. This commuter is bastardized from a 29er mountain bike, though. One set of eyelets, and as much as I like fenders the need for a rack for my panniers is greater. Plus Denver is rarely like this, and usually I'd just take the car (except that one of our two rides is having its interior detailed at this inopportune time).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Slowly recovering from my cooties, as is my wife abroad. She managed to infect her sis and niece over there so she is quite hated in the family at this moment. I skipped my business trip today and failed to recover any of the travel expenses so boss will likely have teh fury when I submit an expense report for a trip that did not happen. I've just finished a nerve wracking 24 hours, having to prepare and deliver a presentation for our new top executive and a super important demo for a customer while still suffering from flu induced dementia. As typical, many of the systems supporting the demo were failing randomly until 20 minutes before the demo. Good times working for a bureaucratic corporation pretending to be as agile as a startup.

We too have the rain today - it should wash the remaining snow and ice from the woods. My trails are closed for mud until mid April but I don't mind much as my body likely won't recover enough until then anyway.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It is dumping rain here. The kind of rain where the cars in front of you on the freeway kind of just disappear. So, no trail ride tonight.

CRC shipped my warranty replaced XT brake back via DHL, for fuck sakes. Now they want $30 for duties and processing fees. Should have just bought a new brake. :banghead:
this is why with CRC I always choose the slow, regular postal service option. I know "processing fees" will be capped at $8, and there's a 50% chance it doesn't get picked for customs/taxes. It might take a few days longer, but it's generally cheaper.
Headed down the coast in about six hours
Picking me a bouquet of dogwood flowers
are you headed for Raleigh so you can see your baby tonight?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
this is why with CRC I always choose the slow, regular postal service option. I know "processing fees" will be capped at $8, and there's a 50% chance it doesn't get picked for customs/taxes. It might take a few days longer, but it's generally cheaper.
are you headed for Raleigh so you can see your baby tonight?
That's what I choose as well. For this warranty brake, they just shipped it without asking. They even sent it express. Oh well.

At least it'll have new pads.