Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

New Foster Kitty. Sassy. She has a home but can't live there while her mom is Pregnant. If a new home becomes available she will go there... I have to let her eat on the counter. She wants her own exclusive litter box. Will not share at all. She knows how to open cupboards and drawers.

She is with Kittens and has been trying to build a nest. I will be taking her to the vets on Thursday. I am wholly unprepared for kittens. My Puma may eat them is my fear.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still raining and now it is getting windy. I think I will pass up on riding any bikes tonight.

Had Thai for dinner last night, it said spicy on the menu but the butthole meter didn't even register this morning. Not in the mood for cooking, so I am contemplating trying a different Thai place. Hmmm...

If only there was Shawarma in town at home.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Once again I stand by my claim that Yamaha is the best professional and consumer audio company. If you buy something from them or use their products. They will die trying to get your stuff to work. My mixing board had a USB Bus interface problem. It turns out that it wasn't their problem but Sony's problem. They engineered a fix and sent it to me for free. I now have bluetooth capabilities with my amp now too. Once I figure out how to set up the network I can remotely record to my home system with my Tascam unit via wifi over the internet. I also now have a optical interface with my amp now too. Viperware works flawlessly. Totally geeking out right now. It even has a tube amp preset in case I want to purposely sound like shit.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My prospective Seattle employer just booked the flights and the rental car. Shit's getting real! This has been penciled in for months but I wasn't going to believe it was happening until I saw the tickets' confirmation.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Once again I stand by my claim that Yamaha is the best professional and consumer audio company. If you buy something from them or use their products. They will die trying to get your stuff to work. My mixing board had a USB Bus interface problem. It turns out that it wasn't their problem but Sony's problem. They engineered a fix and sent it to me for free. I now have bluetooth capabilities with my amp now too. Once I figure out how to set up the network I can remotely record to my home system with my Tascam unit via wifi over the internet. I also now have a optical interface with my amp now too. Viperware works flawlessly. Totally geeking out right now. It even has a tube amp preset in case I want to purposely sound like shit.
I'm considering the HS7 or 8 for a pair.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm considering the HS7 or 8 for a pair.
I use the 7's for my close in stuff. Zone A and the 8's for remote zone B stuff. If I can swing it I am going to go all 8's. The money you would have to pay for similar Clarity and response makes them both worth the cost. I live for accuracy. I use a scope in the studio when I record. I cheat I know. But my shit is perfect always. If you have a small console and control room go with 7's. Big open rooms require the 8's because they go to 11. I rarely ever have to break out the MDR-1's anymore unless I record vocals or piano which hopefully I won't have to do anymore...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I use the 7's for my close in stuff. Zone A and the 8's for remote zone B stuff. If I can swing it I am going to go all 8's. The money you would have to pay for similar Clarity and response makes them both worth the cost. I live for accuracy. I use a scope in the studio when I record. I cheat I know. But my shit is perfect always. If you have a small console and control room go with 7's. Big open rooms require the 8's because they go to 11. I rarely ever have to break out the MDR-1's anymore unless I record vocals or piano which hopefully I won't have to do anymore...
The only competition they have in my head, right now, is the ADAM7, but I'm not sure they are worth the cash for my home studio, and those ribbon tweeters. Genelec has a pair I'd consider, too, but money vs. skill starts getting out of alignment again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was the only person stupid enough to bike commute on my route today, or at least the only one using Strava. KOM of the day on all my segments!

:D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
good meetings today. sacramento seems like a weird place...shit gets flat fast once you get over the rolling hills. returned rental assholemobile. did have a bit of fun with it on the way home from point reyes/inverness yesterday.

got to airport early b/c nothing else to really do. sitting at bar with beers waiting on the redeye. can't wait to get home, although my calendar is stacked the rest of the week. le sigh, and kids' spring break is next week, which we are trying to "work" through. le sigh.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
after beating the crap out of my legs all weekend. i just did a hour recovery walk on monday. Tonight I picked up the pace a bit and did 1:10 of moderate intensity spinning. tomorrow i will visit the cardio house of pain and run intervals for an hour...yes I have a sickness. I am a workout junkie.