Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's a beautiful sunny day out. I'm about to bring my son to the first of two 3-hour evaluations to determine the level and extent of his ADHD. At least we'll have something concrete to work with.

have a good day...

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Meetings. All of them. Actually hoping for rain today as trails are loose/dusty and the pollen in the air is so bad it's actually hard to ride even with glasses on. Had to stop half way through our jump lines yesterday cause I couldn't see shit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I "moved" cubes yesterday. I put that in quotes because they took my stuff and it is still nowhere to be found. Oh well, it's my Friday, I shan't let this bother me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bought a new DH frame last week - yay.
Discovered it was the wrong size on Sunday - boo.
Got my money back from the seller yesterday - yay.
Annoyed because it was a great deal and I loved the new frame - boo
Found something else I like from the bay area - yay.
Seller won't ship - boo.
Search continues.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Played hooky from W. yesterday. Got some work done on an impromptu bathroom remodel that started on Saturday. Sunday was all about Family / friends and bikes. It became apparent that my son will need a bike that he can use to commute home from Football practice all summer, so... I finished installing the XT brakes I scored off of @Westy , on my old Gary Fisher. (they work great by the way). bought some new commuting tires for the old Kona, so the boy has fresh rubber underneath him. taught him to change the tires and tubes. bought and installed some combo pedals on the bike for him. This way he has flats to use for now and the spd compatible flip side will work for me and give him an upgrade potentiality in the future.

Spent some time fitting him on the Kona, tweaking the stem height, saddle height, angle and setback. Went for a little ride and played some follow the leader in a nearby park. I need to buy a new fork for this bike if he is going to use it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Used up the lieu time that I gathered from last weeks shenanigans at work and am taking Friday off to go riding. I think I even have some people to go riding with! :eek:

Need to refill my coffee. Rough night of (no) sleep.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Still coughing up gobs of hell. This needs to be done already.
Tuesday: working on work, lunch ride planned, more work, then making some awesome chicken thighs for dinner. :drool:
Alternative Tuesday: work thru lunch and ride this evening.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Turns out I'm not needed at the appointment. But I don't have time to go to work, so I went to check out the melt situation on the trails. Turns out there's still a bit of snow and lots of standing water. I was going to try and ride tonight , but I think there's too much water. Maybe on the weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turns out I'm not needed at the appointment. But I don't have time to go to work, so I went to check out the melt situation on the trails. Turns out there's still a bit of snow and lots of standing water. I was going to try and ride tonight , but I think there's too much water. Maybe on the weekend.
Sucks. There was a mom and son combo at the trails last Friday, they came down from Ottawa for one of the first XC races. They looked happy when I told them that the trails are completely dry and ready to be ripped. Sad faces then appeared after I told them about the lack of rocks.

Swing a leg down here, trails are mostly good to go. :brows:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sucks. There was a mom and son combo at the trails last Friday, they came down from Ottawa for one of the first XC races. They looked happy when I told them that the trails are completely dry and ready to be ripped. Sad faces then appeared after I told them about the lack of rocks.

Swing a leg down here, trails are mostly good to go. :brows:
Sadly, you're a little too far for an after bedtime rip... Soon though, soon. Likewise, if ever you're in the area, let me know and I'll happily show you around.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Just got these bags from a custom maker in our area (Backcountry Stitch Works). Will use for endurance riding/racing. Probably leave the front triangle one on all the time and use the top-tube one just for long races. Should be able to get a good amount of weight off my back with these. We designed it so I could still use the dropper. Top tube bag has two compartments, one for "quick access". Front triangle bag has one large compartment and the other side is a pocket on the outside for pump, etc.
015858adf55b2dae6db76df228166a877b32feb0f9.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wfh. took kid into day care this AM, then wife to ultrasound. baby is looking good, just needs to cook a little longer. had mexican for lunch. mmmmmmm rellenos.

sunny and upper 60's outside. if it weren't for meetings, i'd probably ditch and go ride.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What a long week at work. Corporal training is intense and I am still just in the application process. Work is over till Friday, getting the little man ready for a hike, going to set up a game camera to catch some cool pictures, and be outside. Bears are out so spray and pistol will be with.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A swan and a few goose have taken over my fishing spot. I dragged everyone down to the creek with pledges of the honey hole and had to flee the crazy geese. The DEC has been cutting snag lines and instead of pulling them out of the water, they float downstream and the critters get caught in them trying to get the fish out from them. Mostly feral house cats and coyotes. The Eagles are smart about the lines and eat around the hooks. Coyotes not so much.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. It's spring break here so I am just hanging out at home, cleaning, donating a bunch of outgrown or un-used stuff and applying for jobs (tough market right now for band teachers). Got a nice ride in yesterday with the dog...we definitely tired each other out. I'm halfway through my "detox" and I haven't killed anyone yet so I guess it's going well (no coffee or alcohol for 28 days). I do have more energy and am sleeping a little better so I guess that's good.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A swan and a few goose have taken over my fishing spot. I dragged everyone down to the creek with pledges of the honey hole and had to flee the crazy geese. The DEC has been cutting snag lines and instead of pulling them out of the water, they float downstream and the critters get caught in them trying to get the fish out from them. Mostly feral house cats and coyotes. The Eagles are smart about the lines and eat around the hooks. Coyotes not so much.
Mr. Peter Ian Staker.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning in before noon, Monkeys!

What a day, wow. Total noob move on my 17 hour test run and killed it with only the last phase to complete. I was trying to copy/pasta my current console output status did ctrl+c and killed my bash script. :rofl:

At least I did it at 7 this morning, so I still have time to run to completion before tomorrow EOB.

Other than that, same sh!t, different shovel.