The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You're right, my bad. Revised list:
  1. Coffee.
  2. Do some dicking around.
  3. Perpetrate a fraud.
  4. Do some fvcking off.
  5. Facilitate the declaration of shenanigans.
  6. Beer.
When did you start working here? :D

Actually, you would need to insert coffee into a few more locals.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bought a new DH frame last week - yay.
Discovered it was the wrong size on Sunday - boo.
Got my money back from the seller yesterday - yay.
Annoyed because it was a great deal and I loved the new frame - boo
Found something else I like from the bay area - yay.
Seller won't ship - boo.
Search continues.

where in the bay area? I might be able to pick it up and throw it in a box for you

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Leftover pizza for lunch. MIL leaving today. Might get a ride in with Haley tonight.

Currently: Manager #1 has me doing excel project with timeline. Manager #2 asks why I'm on the phone with clients, completely disregarded the email he was cc'd on, and wants me back on the phone with clients. Excel job is necessary for our field reps, who can't do part of job without it, leading to more phone time for us. This is a vicious circle where #1 is trying to correct the problem, but causing problems because I'm not on the phone. #2 is not caring about solving the problem, just making sure we don't have people waiting too long. :facepalm:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Leftover pizza for lunch. MIL leaving today. Might get a ride in with Haley tonight.

Currently: Manager #1 has me doing excel project with timeline. Manager #2 asks why I'm on the phone with clients, completely disregarded the email he was cc'd on, and wants me back on the phone with clients. Excel job is necessary for our field reps, who can't do part of job without it, leading to more phone time for us. This is a vicious circle where #1 is trying to correct the problem, but causing problems because I'm not on the phone. #2 is not caring about solving the problem, just making sure we don't have people waiting too long. :facepalm:
are manager #1 & #2 both named Bob?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Seller signed the contract for the apartment today and delivered the check for escrow so just need the COOP board approval and its all a done deal.

I had a good meeting today with a company I really want to work for and meeting with them Friday next week in Copenhagen. Flying out Wednesday next week and will only return to NYC if I get a job.

SOC may actually kick off this year!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
DDH Summer St IPA acquired, score! One more meeting and I am out of here. If things go as planned, I'mma do a light ride with some drop sessioning this evening.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning in before noon, Monkeys!

What a day, wow. Total noob move on my 17 hour test run and killed it with only the last phase to complete. I was trying to copy/pasta my current console output status did ctrl+c and killed my bash script. :rofl:

At least I did it at 7 this morning, so I still have time to run to completion before tomorrow EOB.

Other than that, same sh!t, different shovel.
Took a class on bash scripting. Learned a lot, but damn... :twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No riding for me today. Instead zoo in the morning and now sitting at Discount Tire as they swap out the Land Cruiser's winter wheels for the big bro-meats.

I'll ride tomorrow. Last day of mini vacation. Deer Creek is the plan.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Took a class on bash scripting. Learned a lot, but damn... :twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:
The bulk of my career has been in Linux, but the last 2 places and here are very Windows and I just get in a stupid shortcut rhythm. It was first thing in the morning, as soon as I did it, my stomach dropped. I reset the test environment and restarted the script. It is nearing the end of 2, the other 2 should be done tonight and I can review results first thing tomorrow.

For any geeks in the room, I am testing an all flash disk array (it was $6M storage solution), it's pretty damn buff, this test is very cool (when it's running).

<edit> Currently, each session is running about 6 hours. Bash is awesome, I am learning powershell, it's kinda the same thing.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The bulk of my career has been in Linux, but the last 2 places and here are very Windows and I just get in a stupid shortcut rhythm. It was first thing in the morning, as soon as I did it, my stomach dropped. I reset the test environment and restarted the script. It is nearing the end of 2, the other 2 should be done tonight and I can review results first thing tomorrow.

For any geeks in the room, I am testing an all flash disk array (it was $6M storage solution), it's pretty damn buff, this test is very cool (when it's running).

<edit> Currently, each session is running about 6 hours. Bash is awesome, I am learning powershell, it's kinda the same thing.
this is pretty much how i picture you at work:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah....this will be over April 30th and then I will see if it's worth it or not. Right now, I'm not convinced.
That's because "detox" is nonsense.
This

All the things you are avoiding isn't anymore of a toxin than everything that you aren't avoiding. Your liver and kidneys detox your body for you.

Unless you had a meth or rat poison habit, a detox is nonsense. And if you do have a meth or rat poison habit, you should just lay off the meth and rat poison.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got these bags from a custom maker in our area (Backcountry Stitch Works). Will use for endurance riding/racing. Probably leave the front triangle one on all the time and use the top-tube one just for long races. Should be able to get a good amount of weight off my back with these. We designed it so I could still use the dropper. Top tube bag has two compartments, one for "quick access". Front triangle bag has one large compartment and the other side is a pocket on the outside for pump, etc. View attachment 125189

Looks like it will also work as an effective crabon UV protector.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What time? I have a metric shit ton of stuff I ought to do instead, but bikes.
I see you are in on the email thread now. 9-9:15. I tend to skip the Red Mesa loop but am open to suggestion.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I see you are in on the email thread now. 9-9:15. I tend to skip the Red Mesa loop but am open to suggestion.
I've actually never ridden in the area, so Imma just follow you.

Though, weather forecast makes me think I ought stay home and get house shit done instead. Ill text you if I decide to go.

I thought he was just misspelling Xenix... but yeah. What you said.
It ain't so much the *nix family of operating systems, it's the associated culture of hero administrators who specialize in opaque scripting in order to achieve IT bro/brah status and hopefully make systems unmaintainable by anyone but themselves, thereby giving them some insulation from being fired for being assholes.

Scripting's appropriate to two ends, doing minor repetitive tasks and doing major production rollouts and maintenance in large environments.

Powershell's just fucked from one end to the other. Obscure syntax and truncated display of output. You can do stuff with it, but hell, why not go back to assembly language? Rotate accumulator left my ass. :rant:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've actually never ridden in the area, so Imma just follow you.

Though, weather forecast makes me think I ought stay home and get house shit done instead. Ill text you if I decide to go.

Heck no. Staying home is not the way.
Deer creek is a blast too. Giddyup.

And oh, yeah, there are bro/brah techies in electrical design also. When I was in manufacturing engineering, trying to figure out why power supplies built to spec weren't functioning after being built, I spent a lot of hours analyzing designs by others. You'd occasionally come across circuitry with no rational basis other than to be cute and obscure...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It ain't so much the *nix family of operating systems, it's the associated culture of hero administrators who specialize in opaque scripting in order to achieve IT bro/brah status and hopefully make systems unmaintainable by anyone but themselves, thereby giving them some insulation from being fired for being assholes.
Man, you'll get no argument from me (and I was/am a *nix admin). I have always sucked at scripting. I do like that term "hero administrators"... :D

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Scripting's appropriate to two ends, doing minor repetitive tasks and doing major production rollouts and maintenance in large environments.

Powershell's just fucked from one end to the other. Obscure syntax and truncated display of output. You can do stuff with it, but hell, why not go back to assembly language? Rotate accumulator left my ass. :rant:
Have you ever had a chance to reverse engineer someone's PERL masterpiece? :popcorn:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I took a PERL class once. Fuck PERL. :D
bbbut it is so lovely :D

1 #!/usr/bin/perl
2 use Getopt::Std;
3 getopt('dV');
4 $xferlog="./xferlog";
5 $\ = "\n";
6 $i=0;
7 open XFERLOG, $xferlog or die "Cant't find file $xferlog";
9 foreach $line (<XFERLOG>) {
10 chomp($line);
11 if (( $line =~ /$opt_d/i) && ( $line !~ /_ o r/))
12 {
13 ($Fld1,$Fld2,$Fld3,$Fld4,$Fld5,$Fld6,$Fld7,$Fld8,
$Fld9,$Fld10,$Fld11,$Fld12,$Fld13,$Fld14,$Fld15) = spli
+t(' ',$line);

14 $uplist[$i] = join ' ',$Fld6, $Fld8, $Fld9, $Fld14,
+$Fld15;
15 $time[$i]=$Fld6; $size[$i]=$Fld8; $file[$i]=$Fld9;
$user[$i]=$Fld14; $group[$i]=$Fld15;

16 $username= join '@', $user[$i], $group[$i];
17 push @{$table{$username}}, $uplist[$i];
18 $i++;
19 }
20 }
21 close XFERLOG;

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
bbbut it is so lovely :D

1 #!/usr/bin/perl
2 use Getopt::Std;
3 getopt('dV');
4 $xferlog="./xferlog";
5 $\ = "\n";
6 $i=0;
7 open XFERLOG, $xferlog or die "Cant't find file $xferlog";
9 foreach $line (<XFERLOG>) {
10 chomp($line);
11 if (( $line =~ /$opt_d/i) && ( $line !~ /_ o r/))
12 {
13 ($Fld1,$Fld2,$Fld3,$Fld4,$Fld5,$Fld6,$Fld7,$Fld8,
$Fld9,$Fld10,$Fld11,$Fld12,$Fld13,$Fld14,$Fld15) = spli
+t(' ',$line);

14 $uplist[$i] = join ' ',$Fld6, $Fld8, $Fld9, $Fld14,
+$Fld15;
15 $time[$i]=$Fld6; $size[$i]=$Fld8; $file[$i]=$Fld9;
$user[$i]=$Fld14; $group[$i]=$Fld15;

16 $username= join '@', $user[$i], $group[$i];
17 push @{$table{$username}}, $uplist[$i];
18 $i++;
19 }