Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Barely made it to the office this morning, a 2 miles long walk totally exhausted me and gave me a light head and shakies. Apparently my post-flu woes don't seem to be over, yet. :( Torrential rain here today and tomorrow. I am starting to shop around for a new slightly used vehicle. I want something small-ish, RWD or AWD, stick shift, fun and without reliability nightmares. Does such a vehicle exist in the US? :think:
Stock Golf R.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Still hungover from doing this for 4 days in the desert...

so nice. much like.:thumb::thumb:

I can barely walk at the moment. dropped in to one of the fitness classes at the Y. Intense Intervals. Was all squats, deadlifts, lunges, and running through ladders. my muscles have been shocked.

my willy too. there were lots of strong young women it tight fitting outfits in the class getting very sweaty. :o

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
VW is on a kill list.
But Subaru isn't? :busted:
Not really "worse"... it'll just be... different.
:stupid:
Endless electrical gremlins vs. scheduled head gasket changes.

It's not particularly fun to drive, but I have a Mazda CX-5 with a manual tranny. you can only get it in the base model, with a small engine, but that manual allows you to make the most of it. I like it well enough.
Unless he buys used, Mazda no longer offers a manual in the CX-5. That said, I do love ours. We bought the monocle version, if such a thing exists, so it's a lot zippier, but I still don't know if I'd say its "fun" to drive. Nice, sure, but fun seems a stretch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Barely made it to the office this morning, a 2 miles long walk totally exhausted me and gave me a light head and shakies. Apparently my post-flu woes don't seem to be over, yet. :( Torrential rain here today and tomorrow. I am starting to shop around for a new slightly used vehicle. I want something small-ish, RWD or AWD, stick shift, fun and without reliability nightmares. Does such a vehicle exist in the US? :think:
stick with public transportation....nothing exists like that in RM land.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Unless he buys used, Mazda no longer offers a manual in the CX-5. That said, I do love ours. We bought the monocle version, if such a thing exists, so it's a lot zippier, but I still don't know if I'd say its "fun" to drive. Nice, sure, but fun seems a stretch.
I thought he was looking for used. is yours manual?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It keeps trying to snow, this isn't going to be conducive to my riding this afternoon if it gets worse.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd like to recommend this hot sauce ... on everything.
I got a coupon for a cheap 3 months of Fuego hot sauce of the month club. I am doing a bottle a month for the intro 3 months. It works out to $10 a bottle regular price ($7 intro price), but if it is interesting stuff, I figure why not. See how it goes.

There is a booth at Saturday Market that used to have interesting sauces, but they scaled way back, but it was where I used to get Secret Aardvark sauce before it was in stores.

<edit> @Nick have you tried the BBQ sauces? Looking at the site, they have some interesting crap going on. Aloha Mr. Hand BBQ sauce FTW. :rofl:

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Advancement testing is coming to a close a week from today. My brain is seriously fried. Four more papers and a speech to finish before Friday then slack off for a few days and move into the interview process.

On top of this I have been rewriting a training program and looks like I am moving up to be an instructor for the academy as well.....Busy busy

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This "O Face" orange habanero is fvcking delicious. I've put it on grilled chicken thighs and just now mixed some soy for pot stickers. Holy smokes, so good.

Horsetooth is a local CO company and you can order from their site for $6 a bottle.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
https://www.copart.com/lot/26505627?eid=email_US_mktg_reminder_9_OR_Portland_North_Featured

Easy fix, get it for $3500 and don't care if it blows up.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

Holy hell, this $13 contraption actually works really well.

I was holding the lead by the strap just before the elastic when we first started downhill, but Abbey paces so well and actually listens, too. The nice part is on the climb home I can stand and pedal while she just paced almost even with my front axle. This damn dog continues to blow me away. She's going to be an amazing trail dog.
Shouldn't we start taking wagers on when that dog is gonna jimmydogg (doggydean?) you and the bike? :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Shouldn't we start taking wagers on when that dog is gonna jimmydogg (doggydean?) you and the bike? :D
That is a fear. The rear pad ell out of my dirt lid and so I was rolling naked. She is pretty good with spacing, she doesn't want to be too close to the bike and doesn't try to cut in front.

If she got hurt, I would be sick. :(

She's damn fast, though, wow. When she opens up, shes got some wheels.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Woke up with a pretty kicking headache/migraine. Drove into Hamilton to get some relief. Shoppers Drugmart chick recommends I buy these pills that have caffeine in them. What she failed to mention is they also have codeine in them. I take them and I am able to get my business done. I drive back home. I had the drugstore bag on my front seat. While I was going through customs and the lady asks me if I have anything to declare. I say no. She then asks me what is in the bag on the front seat. I hand her the bag and she asks me to pull over up ahead and keeps the bag. I am in the waiting area and I have to pee. It has been 2 hours. I get to pee only after a officer can supervise me. They search the car and find nothing. At this point I am in cuffs locked to a chair "for my safety". They quiz me on a bunch of unrelated subjects concerning the "bag" and my brothers criminality, not mine mind you. Finally they uncuff me, make me sign some forms and give me a appearance ticket. They kept the bag. I drove home. Total time I was detained 6 hours. Our customs folks are totally inept. It seems I have to go to court to have my permanent Resident status amended again. I have done this 8 times prior. US Immigration and Customs has failed 8 times to amend my status.

Woke up with a pretty kicking headache/migraine. Drove into Hamilton to get some relief. Shoppers Drugmart chick recommends I buy these pills that have caffeine in them. What she failed to mention is they also have codeine in them. I take them and I am able to get my business done. I drive back home. I had the drugstore bag on my front seat. While I was going through customs and the lady asks me if I have anything to declare. I say no. She then asks me what is in the bag on the front seat. I hand her the bag and she asks me to pull over up ahead and keeps the bag. I am in the waiting area and I have to pee. It has been 2 hours. I get to pee only after a officer can supervise me. They search the car and find nothing. At this point I am in cuffs locked to a chair "for my safety". They quiz me on a bunch of unrelated subjects concerning the "bag" and my brothers criminality, not mine mind you. Finally they uncuff me, make me sign some forms and give me a appearance ticket. They kept the bag. I drove home. Total time I was detained 6 hours. Our customs folks are totally inept. It seems I have to go to court to have my permanent Resident status amended again. I have done this 8 times prior. US Immigration and Customs has failed 8 times to amend my status.
Fuck customs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
scratch that ... sun is out and trails are likely perfect ! 8-)
Snuck in a ride, added 2 miles of new to us singletrack we hadn't ridden before that has always been a road descent previously and it was mighty fun on the rigid.

It was 36 degrees freedom at the finish :/

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:stupid:
Endless electrical gremlins vs. scheduled head gasket changes.

around 96 or 97 i went to a vw show at bandimere dragstrip when i had first moved here.....it was the first time i had seen a subaru swap in a vanagon.....what was cooler than that was the guy who had a audi V6 stuffed in the back of his...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Finally stopped raining here in AngryLand. Going to be several days before anything is even remotely ridable. Will probably dig before then. North Cackalacky red clay is the shit for building jumps and rocky goodness since it hardens like cement when dry.