Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

My goodness...the weather continues to be gorgeous, and I continue to stare outside as ......Oooohh...look at that......that dude is going fishing....has his boat....he's smiling. Bet he's going to have a fun day......

...where was I? Oh yes, the GMT-thing. Nice night, but went by way too fast. Had a get-together for the father-in-law's birthday, then home and then, poof...here I am again.

Gonna play some tunes at the open mic tonight. Should be fun - Summer always brings out some strange musicians from the woodwork to these things.

If something crummy happens today, have much chill and approach it with a calm mind.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Bike is in the truck for a hot lap after work tonight. May end up riding bikes with the wife when I get home too. :thumb:

Made butternut squash risotto last night with chicken apple sausage. Goodness gracious was that tasty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Trying to figure out when school starts because Wifey is expected to be an emotional wreck (what is it with women folk and this stuff?) so I'll be there for first drop off too. We're less than two weeks out and still have no idea what day or time. They also have not posted the dates of holidays for the school year. People got jobs. Ain't got time for this shit.

Also work and shit.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
worked on the mulch border for the back yard last night after the temperature dropped into the 80s. used 12 bags of mulch, I'm going to need at least 40 more bags (80cu/ft) and 3-4 more rolls of weed proof fabric to finish the job

supposed to hit 103 today and tomorrow, le suck

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Here. Trying to figure out when school starts because Wifey is expected to be an emotional wreck (what is it with women folk and this stuff?) so I'll be there for first drop off too. We're less than two weeks out and still have no idea what day or time. They also have not posted the dates of holidays for the school year. People got jobs. Ain't got time for this shit.

Also work and shit.
don't worry...i'm sure you'll Excel at managing it when you find out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The pooch ate a bunch of stuff while we were gone. She was bored and decided to eat movies and games that were on the console and also ate both Wii remotes and an RC car remote. Not sure if the remotes were on the charger or the floor since Lil Man was there at the time. While looking at ghetto RC cars, I decided to get a 1:18 electric truck that has some serious upgrade potential. The car itself was $17, but I have $120 worth of upgrades planned. I will end up being WAY nicer than anything else in its class for way less. I may not do all the upgrades, but it is crazy what is available (full metal chassis, full aluminum suspension, oil filled shocks, brushless motor, all steel gears...)

Should be a meeting full day today, yay. But at least I have my apple oatmeal.

<edit> On a lighter note, there were cops outside my place when I went to walk the dog last night. They weren't there for me this time, they were for douchebag across the street. He and his old lady were going at it in the front yard (you can hear them yell when inside, too) and someone called. :rofl:

We live in the "crown jewel" of our fair city. That sh!t doesn't fly here. :D

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had to participate in a safety incident investigation last year. The guy leading it simply called himself a manager. We got a long really well and I ended up saying a lot of unfiltered things to him. Just found out he is a senior vice president. Whoops. One of the better things I told him was that the company was a white collar welfare program for executives. He didn't disagree. I still have a job. Go figure.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. The dysphoria of returning to work after vacation is real. Didn't help that I had a 7:30 meeting and was a few minutes late (because a busy intersection's traffic light decided to shit the bed and revert to a flashing red). At least I'm not on clinical service until the afternoon so can get some of my own work done in the meantime.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I had to participate in a safety incident investigation last year. The guy leading it simply called himself a manager. We got a long really well and I ended up saying a lot of unfiltered things to him. Just found out he is a senior vice president. Whoops. One of the better things I told him was that the company was a white collar welfare program for executives. He didn't disagree. I still have a job. Go figure.
It's only the incompetent execs that would fire you for speaking the truth. So perhaps this is a good contact to cultivate...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
was his name Bob?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
worked on the mulch border for the back yard last night after the temperature dropped into the 80s. used 12 bags of mulch, I'm going to need at least 40 more bags (80cu/ft) and 3-4 more rolls of weed proof fabric to finish the job

supposed to hit 103 today and tomorrow, le suck

Looks good...... we need to do some of that border work since we do have a new fence. Still need to replace 2 existing/original sides before we get started with landscaping the backyard.

On a side note, was planning on an overnighter to Mammoth, until son calls and says he's going out on another fire in Inyo area. Dang, he fights 4 in 3 weeks, has a couple days off, and now out again. Think we are going to have to stick around to help with granddaughters, or......... pick a closer spot for said overnighter. What will Hotels Tonight app say??

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

Undercover Boss? Did you cry on camera? They always give scholarships to the people who cry on camera.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just paid for tickets to CDG and FCO for next summer with mileage card points and employee discount. 3, positive space, tickets to/from Europe <$1300. About time this job paid off.

Knock the trail dust off of your enduro fanny pack and get some nice new socks to wear with your sandals!