Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First day at new jorb. Wish me luck. I'm pretty nervous.

Boys have their first day with the new school at full capacity... Tis will be interesting.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yesterday the smoke from the fires up in WY and MT moved down here like a blanket. Air quality sucked for gasping on a bike. I hope it clears out soon.

Otherwise working. WooHoo. :hmm:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful Carolina morning out there...everyone was on their best behavior during the commute, I've only got 5 emails in my inbox, and we're already 1 day closer to FTS Friday.

Spent the weekend at the coast with the family. We're all still on speaking terms after 3 days and nobody got arrested, so I consider it a successful visit.

Did a ton of fishing - very little success until Sunday morning. Then it was on. Got into a bunch of these 35lb. monsters and was back at the dock by 8:30am. Shoulder was worn-out, and the flotilla of fishermen arrived to crowd the atmosphere. Plus, I needed to poop.

4 days left in the week for a lot of us. Put the wood to it and cook.

Attachments

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Back from an awesome weekend in the woods. Awesome even with no bikes involved. Saw turkey, deer and black bear, got by truck muddy, drank lots of beer and played with fire. But my bluetooth speaker is broken:

IMG_1694.JPG

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I rode 21 miles before work which was a "power test." 25:00 of misc stuff, then go balls out for 5:00, recover for 5:00, then go balls out for 20:00. :dead: I had liquid pouring out of every hole in my face (snot, spit, and tears). My legs are now shot, and I have to poop but don't want to walk down the hall.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkie! As reported above, wildfires in Montana have resulted in periods of hazardous outdoor air quality. Yesterday wasnt too bad but that could change with the wind. Otherwise nothing is planned so I am going to wing it. :)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Built up a bikey for the lady over the weekend. Just waiting on the fork decals from Slik to show up. Riding trails or around town should be a lot more enjoyable on an appropriately sized frame and suspension setup....plus I won't have to swap pedals anymore.
Laura's bike.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working 8 AM-10 PM today. I don't like this dark, gloomy weather shit. Good thing I didn't move back to Seattle after all!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

There was ash on my car this morning. This is not ok. Seems some kids were playing with fireworks in he woods and set the Columbia Gorge on fire. Not cool.

Had a weekend with Lil Man and a bag of Hot Wheels track parts. Also re purposed a tackle box into a Hot Wheels cars box. He has about 2 dozen cars now, but seems to lose them at a consistent rate, so we will cycle through them well enough. Way too damn hot to ride, but next weekend looks promising.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can confirm. Probably breathed in my daily allowance of minerals in the first 1/2 mile going home yesterday. :dead:
If it wasn't for the fact that it is hotter than balls, one could mistakenly think snow is on the way. Sun blotted out with grey skies and the occassional little white flakes falling to the ground.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Had a weekend with Lil Man and a bag of Hot Wheels track parts. Also re purposed a tackle box into a Hot Wheels cars box. He has about 2 dozen cars now, but seems to lose them at a consistent rate, so we will cycle through them well enough. Way too damn hot to ride, but next weekend looks promising.
flipping them on Ebay for mad profits?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More climbing with Haley yesterday. She's a monkey, I'm sure of it. She slept for almost 11 hours last night and we had to wake her up this morning for school. She's figured out that if I belay her that she can take breaks in the middle of harder routes, so I am not belaying her vs. the auto-belay. My grip strength is getting better and I'm consistently able to do 5.10- and 5.10 routes. Hopefully I can get the bike built up soon so that I can start doing evening/night rides before the snow comes.

Wifey is back onto the 'buy a house in a nicer neighborhood' kick again. Haley's school scores are way above the other kids in her class, so making sure that she is getting the attention she needs in already a concern. We're having some of the behavior issues she was having at her last school when she wasn't being challenged, which is disconcerting. At this point in the year, the only way to get into a better school in the area is to be in a better neighborhood. We've looked into doing the in-law until with her mother in that past and we're thinking more about doing it. 1200sqft walkout basement will allow her to be separate, but for us to still get a much larger house in a nicer neighborhood feeding to the better schools. From a family wealth perspective, since she would be paying rent (in the form of gifting - yeah taxes!) to us, family money would be staying as such - family.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Posting this from Jackson, WY. All this smoke has hosed our visits to Yellowstone and Grans Teton National Park. Can't see shit. What a bummer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Story time.
eh not much to it. older has been acting up a lot lately, lots of time out. yesterday was particularly bad. refused to take nap. went to the swimming pool (last day of the season) he was fine there even though the water was freezing. he swam til he was shivering. went home, REALLY bad during dinner. he was tired so i was helping him eat. kept spitting food out, then he grabbed his plate and threw it on the floor. i yelled at him and smacked his hand then put him in time out. my wife went ballistic at me because she doesn't believe in physical discipline.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Super smokey today here too. Eerie light, and smells like fire. Again.

Got in 2 good rides this weekend. Managed to have 3 low speed "offs" on the second ride. All 3 involved my spazzy inability to unclip my left foot. Maximum dork points.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
eh not much to it. older has been acting up a lot lately, lots of time out. yesterday was particularly bad. refused to take nap. went to the swimming pool (last day of the season) he was fine there even though the water was freezing. he swam til he was shivering. went home, REALLY bad during dinner. he was tired so i was helping him eat. kept spitting food out, then he grabbed his plate and threw it on the floor. i yelled at him and smacked his hand then put him in time out. my wife went ballistic at me because she doesn't believe in physical discipline.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Super smokey today here too. Eerie light, and smells like fire. Again.

Got in 2 good rides this weekend. Managed to have 3 low speed "offs" on the second ride. All 3 involved my spazzy inability to unclip my left foot. Maximum dork points.

I bet you are gutted.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hopefully she went ballistic at you *after* the kids were in bed?