Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Our garbage guys are always super nice. Picks up extra crap and bring out the bin if we forget to bring it to the street. Left a six pack for them this morning and the wife wrote them a nice note.

Just did a presentation of the new web project together with my main wing man to our CEO. Went really well and its great to be able to deliver on what I promised back in June especially when our CEO is a super nice guy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning!
Baby it’s cold outside!
Christmas shopping is complete and baking shal commence soon.
Old kid is killing it in gymnastics (vaulting at least) and youngest is progressing nicely too! Life is good.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
freedums in the 20s here...kids have a 3(!?!?) hour delay. it’s almost like why even bother at that point.

got appoval from our trustees last night to finally acquire an installation we commissioned for a show a few years ago. Vid is a bit amateurish, bit gives you a sense of it:
Mel is, I think, one of the most important artists of our time (amd happens to be based here in NC). melchin.org

Our director made me (and probably my colleagues) nervous and annoyed last night when he told out trustees that he planned to add a management level in my department one level above mine. He then talke out of both sides of his mouth, saying that we’d do a national search and seek fresh perspectives but also saying he’d encourage the two of us who hold the upper tier curatorial positions at the moment to apply. hrmffff.

for now, coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My night was interrupted by Mariko waking up very unhappy with a barking cough. Took her to the Childrens Hospital ED since we live close. Mild croup, mostly cured by the cold walk across the parking lot, actually. Low dose oral steroids and sent home a half hour after showing up. Good thing we have insurance, eh...

As I only lost an hour and a half or so of sleep I am at work as usual. 7-4 today.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

We're digging out of a foot of snow in my area of NC....that's....unusual. A real baby-maker. Doulas will be in high-demand for next September.

Today, I have to deal with an awning that pulled off the wall from the weight of the snow on it yesterday. The people who own the awning seem to be under the impression that fabric has the structural integrity of steel, and I don't anticipate them being happy when they are told that it does not.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
A colleague brought Amarula for us to put in our coffees for a bit of seasonal holiday cheer. But I don't put shit in my coffee. so I drank it neat. she looked at my funny for drinking liquor neat. at work. at 10 am. but I'm feeling a little loose and happy now!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Garbage week. Frustration through the roof. Uneven pressure on different people jointly delivering one thing in different parts of the organization makes me negatively charged.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pumpkin bread for breakfast is delicious although i suspect the evening deuce to be a interesting color...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

I got a solid, uninterrupted, night of sleep. :panic:

I also over sugared my coffee this morning. Shit's gross. :disgust:
is the kitchen remodel done.....

in the south....no such thing as over sugar....and if native south....full head of teeth...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
is the kitchen remodel done.....
///Mostly. Floors don't get put in until the 17th. :disgust: It's actually been relatively painless so far, even the oven mix up wasn't too big a hassle. I suspect this means that the floors, right before Christmas, will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

in the south....no such thing as over sugar....and if native south....full head of teeth...
Shit's gross. :disgust:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
painful fkn tuseday.
doing a four miler after work. yay.
had some pretty bad shin bang in my new boots. gonna hit up larry on thu or friday

My night was interrupted by Mariko waking up very unhappy with a barking cough. Took her to the Childrens Hospital ED since we live close. Mild croup, mostly cured by the cold walk across the parking lot, actually. Low dose oral steroids and sent home a half hour after showing up. Good thing we have insurance, eh...

As I only lost an hour and a half or so of sleep I am at work as usual. 7-4 today.
How would you decide whether or not to administer steroids?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
///Mostly. Floors don't get put in until the 17th. :disgust: It's actually been relatively painless so far, even the oven mix up wasn't too big a hassle. I suspect this means that the floors, right before Christmas, will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.
what's with the negative waves.....

and.....

gas is at 1.99 freedum units...

20181211_122623.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How would you decide whether or not to administer steroids?
The first year resident who saw us initially was leaning towards nothing. The attending supervising him came down in favor of a low dose of oral steroids. Not sure exactly what criteria they employed or if they winged it, "eminence based medicine."

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It was 2005 when @narlus had to pay a wager in bacon.

Last time I filled up at Costco here in town it was $2.29... so maybe it's down below $2 now.

Holy shit - looks like the Costco near I25/C470 is under $2:

View attachment 131881
I think it's still near $3 for midgrade at the LoafnJug we go to in Bergen, we normally save 30c or so based on grocery spending. Clearly I should pay more attention and just fill up when we're down out of the mountains.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Gas is starting to go back down here. 2 years ago we were down to below $2. Both of the $2.19s are Costcos. If you pay with cash or credit, $2.29 is good, but if you use debit, they have a .30c debit fee. So i use where it says 2.34 on speedway
gas.JPG

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
aaaaaaand I just open my lunch sack & find my lady has packed me a sizable portion of special brownie. :drool: :heart:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Spent $177 on the dog last night. He had yeast infections in both ears.
my lab mix had that chronically until I started feeding her grain free food. Call of the Wild brand or something dumb sounding.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting twist on the deck project... I don't know why I didn't realize this, but Wifey is a developer - we get builder's px on materials. The big materials are the decking surface. It will be interesting to see if anything comes to fruition with this new development.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Interesting twist on the deck project... I don't know why I didn't realize this, but Wifey is a developer - we get builder's px on materials. The big materials are the decking surface. It will be interesting to see if anything comes to fruition with this new development.
fuckin' amateur