Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
i already have a megatrail for getting rowdy. the trail pistol is much more inline with the majority of the kinds of trails / ridings i do the most locally.
WOW! I'd like to hear what you think of it if you get it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS is 100%. Co-worker confirmed ditching work. Copper, despite projected slightly less snow, because that's his pass.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Told Wifey about the recommendation that Haley sign up for the ATP Devo program at Winter Park next season and she promptly shut it down. Her logic is that Haley won't be a professional skier and will be a good enough social skier just by living in CO that we don't need to put any more effort into her learning than taking her skiing. I just don't know how you can determine how good somebody can be at something until you let them see how good they can be. Maybe it's more of a fear that she'll hurt herself by pushing beyond groomers...

I'm pretty sure this is because Wifey is/was really good on the smarts side, which is why she got into the hard school on grades and is an executive. But never really got into the upper echelon of sports. Me? I'd like to think I'm smart, but not to her extent. Sports-wise however, I was a bit more successful (before I broke my head riding\), so I'm thinking that she doesn't see or appreciate the value of sports early in life.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Told Wifey about the recommendation that Haley sign up for the ATP Devo program at Winter Park next season and she promptly shut it down. Her logic is that Haley won't be a professional skier and will be a good enough social skier just by living in CO that we don't need to put any more effort into her learning than taking her skiing. I just don't know how you can determine how good somebody can be at something until you let them see how good they can be. Maybe it's more of a fear that she'll hurt herself by pushing beyond groomers...

I'm pretty sure this is because Wifey is/was really good on the smarts side, which is why she got into the hard school on grades and is an executive. But never really got into the upper echelon of sports. Me? I'd like to think I'm smart, but not to her extent. Sports-wise however, I was a bit more successful (before I broke my head riding\), so I'm thinking that she doesn't see or appreciate the value of sports early in life.
here's a crazy question.... have you asked your kid what she wants to do?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
there you go.
I told her what the program was - read the whole description. Pointed out the kids she sees on the mountain from the program and all of the things that the program entails, especially that it involves skiing every weekend for the entire winter. Her only concern was that she wanted to make sure that she would be able to ski with me. I told her we would come up on days that weren't program days and we'd get time in and/or get in laps before or after - she was cool with that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I told her what the program was - read the whole description. Pointed out the kids she sees on the mountain from the program and all of the things that the program entails, especially that it involves skiing every weekend for the entire winter. Her only concern was that she wanted to make sure that she would be able to ski with me. I told her we would come up on days that weren't program days and we'd get time in and/or get in laps before or after - she was cool with that.
Skiing scholarship in a few years frees up more ///deck funds too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing scholarship in a few years frees up more ///deck funds too.
Oh man, they got the first mock-up of the deck in last night. Wifey freaked out about how big it's going to be because she can't see the whole playset from the kitchen. I don't think that she ever listened to what I said when I laid out the new footprint for her to gauge the size. Apparently we will be getting a very large patio table set for the extra 100ft2

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Told Wifey about the recommendation that Haley sign up for the ATP Devo program at Winter Park next season and she promptly shut it down. .
That program looks really sweet. 14 weeks is a big commitment. I bet at the end the kids absolutely shred

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So just do it then.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So just do it then.
That's what I was thinking about doing. Deal with the downstream repercussions, but not limit Haley because of it. Haley wants to do gymnastics this spring and summer, so I would be intrigued what that program looks like combined with gymnastics.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh man, they got the first mock-up of the deck in last night. Wifey freaked out about how big it's going to be because she can't see the whole playset from the kitchen. I don't think that she ever listened to what I said when I laid out the new footprint for her to gauge the size. Apparently we will be getting a very large patio table set for the extra 100ft2
Just needs to be posted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's what I was thinking about doing. Deal with the downstream repercussions, but not limit Haley because of it. Haley wants to do gymnastics this spring and summer, so I would be intrigued what that program looks like combined with gymnastics.
It might result in selling the ///M, but worth it IMO