Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don’t think they run a shuttle a fiv eh em
Yup - you gotta roll your own in the summer.

Also a secret: there's enough riding up in the La Sals to entertain most for a few days. We only did TWE and Squaw Spring -> Hell Canyon, but there are other high country rides to entertain folks...

Our ride of TWE got us to the Burro parking lot around 9:00, so about "early shuttle" time. I won't lie, the last 3 miles were PFH - hangin' in the river drinking beers really hit the spot when we finished. Starting at 6:00 would probably be advisable...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No idea what they look like...maybe?

Favorite part is hard. That first descent after the "big climb" was super fun and sketchy. Basically all the way to the start of Kokopelli is rad. I really liked the whole enchilada!!!!
We dropped the DSO at doggy daycare at 8 and were on an 830 shuttle. 10am shuttle didn't give us enough time to pickup the dog before they closed.

It was a perfect day for TWE riding yesterday.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We dropped the DSO at doggy daycare at 8 and were on an 830 shuttle. 10am shuttle didn't give us enough time to pickup the dog before they closed.

It was a perfect day for TWE riding yesterday.
Holy crap, I just looked up the record time for TWE. Nate Hills did it in 1:20. And I thought I was kinda truckin’ at under three hours. (But I stopped for lunch and pictures) I wonder if that included the slog to the top of Burro Pass. (My time certainly didn’t)

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Holy crap, I just looked up the record time for TWE. Nate Hills did it in 1:20. And I thought I was kinda truckin’ at under three hours. (But I stopped for lunch and pictures) I wonder if that included the slog to the top of Burro Pass.
I doubt that time includes A. the climb from Geyser to Burro Pass or B. the entire descent. If you're looking at results from the Whole Enchilada Enduro, that race didn't go all the way to the river. I'd say that the Burro Down segment is a better gauge on how fast that trail can be done. TL;DR: under 3 hours is indeed kinda truckin'.

EDIT: the Burro Down to the River segment is also good, and not sure what the difference is. I think one goes down the Notch and the other the Snotch, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Random Slacker or other streaming channel? What period are you digging? I've got lots of suggestions as I come from that world.
we actually have a local radio station here in Philly (WRTI - wrti.org) and IMO they are excellent. They cover many periods, and their DJ's are knowledgeable and routinely include information about the composer, piece, and era / history with what they play. they have a streaming version too. on weekends they will often broadcast live performances of the philly philharmonic orchestra.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah is sick, so Wifey had to stay home with her this morning. I get her this afternoon after my morning meetings. Re-gen paddles and android auto on the Bolt already stopped working, so I get to deal with that later today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hannah is sick, so Wifey had to stay home with her this morning. I get her this afternoon after my morning meetings. Re-gen paddles and android auto on the Bolt already stopped working, so I get to deal with that later today.
Holy hell, I missed the Bolt purchase. This a brand new rig with issues?