Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. Managed to grenade a jockey wheel on my derailleur during yesterday’s ride. We will see how much a pain in the ass Sram is to deal with.. edit..holy shit a new XO Eagle is crazy expensive if I gotta replace out of pocket.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Managed to grenade a jockey wheel on my derailleur during yesterday’s ride. We will see how much a pain in the ass Sram is to deal with.. edit..holy shit a new XO Eagle is crazy expensive if I gotta replace out of pocket.
$ram

edit: do you mean XO1? XO is a legacy platform (ie not modern eagle stuff)

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Surprisingly, my legs feel fine this morning. I thought last night's interval hell would have me walking like a stiff old man this morning. Coffee time then off to work. I think a evening spin on the road bike is on the docket.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Dentist yesterday at 3:30 didn't eat or drink since 2:30 yesterday, still I had to get up three times last night.

I hate getting older.

At work at 5:30 living the dream.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Golfed yesterday with CrabJoe. That was fun. Phone interview went well too; methinks I'm onto round two.

Today I shall do some more mudding. Cause why not.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Surprisingly, my legs feel fine this morning. I thought last night's interval hell would have me walking like a stiff old man this morning. Coffee time then off to work. I think a evening spin on the road bike is on the docket.
my legs were cooked from sunday (from having to spring away from a rogue doggo) but still managed to put 15 miles on the trainer tonight. still shooting to hit 2k miles for the year.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am so here. Going stir crazy, feeling the pain from hours of online instruction. This current course is good, but the instructor has a heavy accent and I need to take breaks to clear my head from time to time.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nice fall morning. Leaves are leaving their leaf holder.

Fixing rust spots on the Sprinter is what is on tap for today.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm not a Whole Enchilada virgin anymore! Rocked that trail yesterday. Awesome. We took the 10 shuttle so we'd be warmer but didn't realize we'd have to pass all the early shuttlers. Oh well, elbows out!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
did you see @6thElement and the Mrs.?

what was your favorite section?
No idea what they look like...maybe?

Favorite part is hard. That first descent after the "big climb" was super fun and sketchy. Basically all the way to the start of Kokopelli is rad. I really liked the whole enchilada!!!!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
oldest boy was dragging ass this morning. So I started riding with the younger boy figuring he'd catch up. But after 2 minutes, he hadn't caught up. I assumed he took the other route and circled back, but didn't find him. Circled around again; still didn't find him. I figured he had "chased" us down the whole way, and would be at the school before us. If not, I'd leave the young'un there, and go in search of the oldest. sure enough, he was at the school. but it's not a great way to start the day. freakin kids.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've got to layer up more for my commute. Cold legs!

i've really started liking listening to classical music on the drive in and during the morning
Random Slacker or other streaming channel? What period are you digging? I've got lots of suggestions as I come from that world.

welp...this art ain't gonna curate itself...
Yeah, if you could curate us some new colorways for bike/apparel product lines when you get done that'd be great

was not even hungry this morning
There's a thread for that! :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Random Slacker or other streaming channel? What period are you digging? I've got lots of suggestions as I come from that world.
My Classical repertoire consists of Copland, Satie, Berlioz, Stravinsky, Holst, Prokofiev, Saint-Saëns, and Rimsky-Korsakov. At least that's what I have downloaded on my phone.

I think that makes me a modern romantic?! :D

If you have other recommendations, I'm happy to hear them...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My Classical repertoire consists of Copland, Satie, Berlioz, Stravinsky, Holst, Prokofiev, Saint-Saëns, and Rimsky-Korsakov. At least that's what I have downloaded on my phone.

I think that makes me a modern romantic?! :D

If you have other recommendations, I'm happy to hear them...
Nice. Try some Mahler, Debussy, Ravel, maybe Strauss as well. Strauss's Vier Letzte Lieder is among the most beautiful music that exists, imo, if you get a recording with a good soprano. I favor Berlin.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No idea what they look like...maybe?

Favorite part is hard. That first descent after the "big climb" was super fun and sketchy. Basically all the way to the start of Kokopelli is rad. I really liked the whole enchilada!!!!
We"ve been in Moab 6 times, every time we were either too late or too early to do that ride.... Le sad.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Howdy all. Had a kickass weekend. Celebrating 8 years with this lovely lady today. We had an awesome trip to Vegas this weekend. Won $800 at blackjack Friday and covered everything for the weekend, including a nice sunset dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant in Paris Saturday night. Had dinner at a really good Thai place when we got out there Friday. They had a short rib fried rice that I gorged myself on. Gambled, slept, gym session, got lucky a few different ways the whole weekend. It’s amazing what three whole days without kids can do for you.
Drove home Sunday morning. Picked up the kids. Wife chilled at home, I managed to get an afternoon ride in and squeaked back before sunset. Couple critters out. One very annoyed rattlesnake in the middle of a DH trail and a chill little tarantula. I took yesterday off since we just got a floating holiday with our new contract we have to use by the end of the year and got some parts done for a customer. All in all, productive and awesome. That is all.

Attachments

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> if you get a recording with a good soprano. I favor Berlin.
When it comes to classical music... once someone starts singin'... I'm out. :D

We"ve been in Moab 6 times, every time we were either too late or too early to do that ride.... Le sad.
So... it's kind of a secret - but do it in July and you'll not only be guaranteed to be able to ride it, but you'll almost guaranteed to be mostly by yourself.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
terpy derp :/
trimming is done for the season. waiting on wahts in the rack to dry then we jar it. In a couple weeks I will start my live rosin experiment. hooray weed!

Meeting with the new ski and ride school director over beers. hooray winter!