Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Day two of WFH, and all of the tasks I have to do depend on other people responding to me; they've been MIA since mid-day yesterday. Guess everyone is taking it leisurely.

Gonna take the doggos for a walk, then go make a supply run. Should be able eek out a few weeks worth of food with minimal supplies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
we're still all gonna die!

there are four people at work. Maybe 5. I have a big experiment to do then a meeting that nobody will be at. Then it's back to being a human tissue for my little ones. Been getting out for family bike rides regularly though, so that's fucking dope

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work getting shit done. Actually have time to send out proper follow up emails with it being slightly quieter here. Which is strange, everyone is still here working, just no one walking around. I'm not touching anyones keyboards...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Not many outpatients got scanned. This is good--defer what you can, keep the scanners free and stay out of here...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I asked my department if they prefer to telecommute or come into work, and they prefer to work on-site. So, that's what we will continue to do. I've got everything lined up and ready to go though if we are ordered to work from home.

ah the joy of working in healthcare. We are essential services and get to go work with sick people :eek:
Our company has essentially told our clinical workers, "Do your job"....not that they need to be told that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH this week, likely next. The wife is anticipating WFH orders, but instead they get to casual dress until April. :rofl:

We have been making a few select trips to various shops to make sure we have both main meals and sides covered. I will need to pick up more wine, though. Not for me, that stuff is awful.

Stay safe folks, shit is getting real.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Outsourcing the outsourcing, the latter not having any sort of contingency plan in place and cannot fulfill their SLAs. Nice.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At work getting shit done. Actually have time to send out proper follow up emails with it being slightly quieter here. Which is strange, everyone is still here working, just no one walking around. I'm not touching anyones keyboards...
My buddy works at Intel where they have multi use computers for the crew. He said nobody wants to use any of them and they are constantly being wiped down, I told him not to wipe too hard because if the letters come off the keys, I know he will be screwed.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Locked down here in le France. One outing allowed per day to buy food or medicine, exercise, or walk the dogs. People panic buy at le grocery store last night. The weather is lovely.
Think I'll have to deal with similar orders within a few days. Will a 4 hour bike ride count as one outing?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought she was a dental hygienist?

:confused:

Or was that already one jimmydean-wife ago?
She retired from hygiene last year, she works in an office now. What I find funny is the fact that she doesn't have a desktop at work, just a thin client, so doing it from home wouldn't be any different other than phisycal location.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wife has been sick the last couple of days not sure if its the virus or not but seems like the same cold my son had before her. She was pretty freaked out last night maybe just from staying in bed all day.

I feel really good and getting the system down more and more for staying at home and I actually enjoy it. Next time I need a job with 100% remote team.

Did 1.5 hour gravel ride and it was nice to get some fresh air and most of the old body felt pretty good for the second gravel ride of the year.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Boomer management is slowly coming to grips with the idea that we need to shut down. This is after the head honcho walked around obviously sick for a week shaking everybody's hand. SMH