Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My buddy works at Intel where they have multi use computers for the crew. He said nobody wants to use any of them and they are constantly being wiped down, I told him not to wipe too hard because if the letters come off the keys, I know he will be screwed.
Screw that.... even without this stuff going around. Some people's mice and keyboards are straight up hazardous.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DAMAGE REPORT
Well, dumbasses are apparently still traveling to Moab since everybody is "on vacation" - these are otherwise intelligent grownups...

Moab's gonna be overwhelmed in very short order if people don't get their shit together and act like adults.

Also - *THIS* is why we will get the shutdown. Because people won't voluntarily do the right thing.

Outsourcing the outsourcing, the latter not having any sort of contingency plan in place and cannot fulfill their SLAs. Nice.
SLA's. You're funny. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Locked down here in le France. One outing allowed per day to buy food or medicine, exercise, or walk the dogs. People panic buy at le grocery store last night. The weather is lovely.
are the bakeries still open? I have two local bakeries and they've closed. I don't know what to do. ::panic:

I've odered a supply of coffee on-line.

It's raining/sleeting/wet snowing out now. not condusive to getting the kids out for fresh air...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@CBJ
how is your government handling things? are you guys all feeling confident in response, available healthcare, etc?

be safe!
I think they did some big mistakes in letting people travel as much as they did and at the moment not testing people. So no we have no idea how many are tested and I think people don't realized how many are infected. We have a good public healthcare option that takes care of everybody but of course if this get crazy even that system will be overloaded.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am a lonely soul in our office ATM. Gonna head home soon. Some construction is still going on in Boston, tall cranes at downtown crossing still move.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a nerd I have been looking at the Corona data locally and nationally. With Seattle being both the national Hot Zone and "early adopter" of both the disease and mitigation practices, what happens here may predict what will happen nationally. Currently the virus is still spreading exponentially at about a 23% daily rate nationally. This will make things real ugly for a while. The numbers are noisy but in Seattle the virus is spreading at a much lower 13% rate, the data is noisy and may be transitioning away from exponential growth, but maybe not. Either way isolation practices have improved things, further data this week should show how well. Hopefully the national numbers start trending towards Seattle's rates.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
As a nerd I have been looking at the Corona data locally and nationally. With Seattle being both the national Hot Zone and "early adopter" of both the disease and mitigation practices, what happens here may predict what will happen nationally. Currently the virus is still spreading exponentially at about a 23% daily rate nationally. This will make things real ugly for a while. The numbers are noisy but in Seattle the virus is spreading at a much lower 13% rate, the data is noisy and may be transitioning away from exponential growth, but maybe not. Either way isolation practices have improved things, further data this week should show how well. Hopefully the national numbers start trending towards Seattle's rates.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
anybody have a cheap old 9 or 10 speed drivetrain lying around? I am tempted to build up a commuter/beater/kid hauler again, as my old road bike is not geared for the task and I'd rather sell it to somebody who can use it right than tow my little dude behind 50mm deep dish carbon rims. I have brakes, bars, stems, grips, saddles, wheels, cassettes, cranks and some other shit, but I need shifters and derailleurs suitable for a 9 or 10 speed flat or even drop bar bike.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to the salvage yard. Pulled a ECU out of a 2003 Rav4. Replaced ECU in mine with a used one. $90. Plugged it in and all the codes are gone. Runs like a champ.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think they did some big mistakes in letting people travel as much as they did and at the moment not testing people. So no we have no idea how many are tested and I think people don't realized how many are infected. We have a good public healthcare option that takes care of everybody but of course if this get crazy even that system will be overloaded.
Excuse me to correct you, but we know exactly how many have been tested: https://www.ssi.dk/aktuelt/sygdomsudbrud/coronavirus
These numbers lacking behind by 24 hrs or so. There is even a breakdown on the different regions, but in contrast to Germany or the US they don't give info on the towns the infected are from.

I think the government waited too long to react but now go all in. Not sure if this new law that passed regarding vaccinations when they become available is violating the constitution, but I am concerned.

And you are right, people do have no idea how widespread this is and acting sometimes pretty irresponsible. Social distancing is only needed at work, right?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When this all blows over, it's going to make a fascinating case study on what went wrong, and what went right in every government's response to the emerging pandemic.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meetings are all WebEx now. They are dropping like flies and the WebEx issues continue to arise.

What company owns WebEx? Because they are probably making a killing right now.

*Cisco: Nevermind, too big for a branch that small to have an impact

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to the salvage yard. Pulled a ECU out of a 2003 Rav4. Replaced ECU in mine with a used one. $90. Plugged it in and all the codes are gone. Runs like a champ.
It's a good thing you did not get a Volvo.

Went to the office because of the major management changes today. Only one other soul arrived and left before lunch time. Boston is a ghost town but driving is now great. $25/day for parking at economy lots is still ouchy.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
high from my couch. :wave:
I need a new source for streaming news besides CNN.
What yall got?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Spring Break for kids this week. Just got notice schools will be closed until at least April 10th. Thankfully, the wife got the ok to work from home. Slim pickings at the grocery stores lately, but should be good to go for a few weeks since I usually have frozen meat and other stuff anyway. People are cray cray.