Quantcast

@@@Tuesderp gmt@@@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, it is indeed another day, and another opportunity for me to recognize how little I know about doing my job and how I have no support whilst learning. Like a fish out of water.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sunday there was a a lot of helicopter activity over the water where I live. As it was still going on after lunch I went down to the beach to see what was going and noticed a plane searching too. Checked out the Police Twitter account and saw a man was found drowned earlier in the day and they were looking for a woman. My son joins me and as we a sitting chatting on the bench to my left comes walking a woman with strang huge dark brown spots on her sweatpants. When she passes us I see fresh blood on her hands and handbag and all of a sudden I recognize her from the photo posted on Twitter. Tells my son to stay put and start calling 911 right away and try to see where she is going and looks she went into the public restroom. Now I really have to think fast as I am not 100% sure where she is or why she is covered in blood. Find it too risky to send my son home alone so I place myself so I can see as much as possible and keep eye contact with him. Luckily since the police had the big search for her going on they were super close and are there within a minute and she was in the bathroom and had not done any more harm to herself it turned out. I found this out later when I was called back by the police as my son and I had left as soon as they showed up. Proud of my 10-year-old who stayed cool together with me a good skill to have.

Last edited:
Sunday there was a a lot of helicopter activity over the water where I live. As it was still going on after lunch I went down to the beach to see what was going and noticed a plane searching too. Checked out the Police Twitter account and saw a man was found drowned earlier in the day and they were looking for a woman. My son joins me and as we a sitting chatting on the bench to my left comes walking a woman with strang huge dark brown spots on her sweatpants. When she passes us I see fresh blood on her hands and handbag and all of a sudden I recognize her from the photo posted on Twitter. Tells my son to stay put and start calling 911 right away and try to see where she is going and looks she went into the public restroom. Now I really have to think fast as I am not 100% sure where she is or why she is covered in blood. Find it too risky to send my son home alone so I place myself so I can see as much as possible and keep eye contact with him. Luckily since the police had the big search for her going on they were super close and are there within a minute and she was in the bathroom and had not done any more harm to herself it turned out. I found this out later when I was called back by the police as my son and I had left as soon as they showed up. Proud of my 10-year-old who stayed cool together with me the good skill to have.
Wow...

Fiesta de Carne de Perro

el grabador del assos
May 1, 2020
Sunday there was a a lot of helicopter activity over the water where I live. As it was still going on after lunch I went down to the beach to see what was going and noticed a plane searching too. Checked out the Police Twitter account and saw a man was found drowned earlier in the day and they were looking for a woman. My son joins me and as we a sitting chatting on the bench to my left comes walking a woman with strang huge dark brown spots on her sweatpants. When she passes us I see fresh blood on her hands and handbag and all of a sudden I recognize her from the photo posted on Twitter. Tells my son to stay put and start calling 911 right away and try to see where she is going and looks she went into the public restroom. Now I really have to think fast as I am not 100% sure where she is or why she is covered in blood. Find it too risky to send my son home alone so I place myself so I can see as much as possible and keep eye contact with him. Luckily since the police had the big search for her going on they were super close and are there within a minute and she was in the bathroom and had not done any more harm to herself it turned out. I found this out later when I was called back by the police as my son and I had left as soon as they showed up. Proud of my 10-year-old who stayed cool together with me a good skill to have.
You're going to be portrayed in a direct to cable true crime movie! Maybe they can get Dax Shepard to play you.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hola mis ninos

headed back to hupstate NY this weekend to visit the inlaws. should be whatever, but I'm excited to ride my road bike on real hills rather than the incredibly flat rollers of E MA.... Planned out a 34 miler that has a few prolonged climbs to see if I can't produce a heart attack or two.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dog sitting this little guy for the week, and he slept like a champ last night, besides having to go out for a quick pee at 2:00 AM. He is very friendly and tries very hard to make me happy. Not much of an eater though, which is weird. He grazes, and takes his sweet old time eating cookies, unlike my dog, who is a fat fucking pig.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi.
Slept sitting up on the sofa, the least uncomfortable way I could.

Making a skirt steak and grill an onion later so I don't miss taco Tuesday. Probably eyeball the bike too and look for any other dings.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Dog sitting this little guy for the week, and he slept like a champ last night, besides having to go out for a quick pee at 2:00 AM. He is very friendly and tries very hard to make me happy. Not much of an eater though, which is weird. He grazes, and takes his sweet old time eating cookies, unlike my dog, who is a fat fucking pig.

i will be watching this dogs twin later this week...photographic proof on friday....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hi.
Slept sitting up on the sofa, the least uncomfortable way I could.

Making a skirt steak and grill an onion later so I don't miss taco Tuesday. Probably eyeball the bike too and look for any other dings.
Wut? Whatchu mean dings? CO curse get you too?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I opted last night for more sleep rather than Peloton + washing a car, for better or worse.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
On Sunday I rode some locals trails at spot A that I have been going to semi-regularly for the past few years. At a trailhead on the far end of the woods I came to a small road with obvious mtb tire tracks going across, where I had never been. Went in and found you can link directly to riding spot B, which I didn't know even had trails, and said trails were even more funner trails than spot A. Paired with the fact I felt like a machine that day, it made for a muy bueno time.

Yesterday I finally caved in and picked up at Fenix 5X Plus. I've been riding solo a lot of new/barely frequented places and was sick of having to pull out my phone to see WTF I was doing/going. Only the second day with it and I am very impressed thus far, mostly with how intuitive it has been to use. Looking forward to using it on a real ride this week.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On Sunday I rode some locals trails at spot A that I have been going to semi-regularly for the past few years. At a trailhead on the far end of the woods I came to a small road with obvious mtb tire tracks going across, where I had never been. Went in and found you can link directly to riding spot B, which I didn't know even had trails, and said trails were even more funner trails than spot A. Paired with the fact I felt like a machine that day, it made for a muy bueno time.

Yesterday I finally caved in and picked up at Fenix 5X Plus. I've been riding solo a lot of new/barely frequented places and was sick of having to pull out my phone to see WTF I was doing/going. Only the second day with it and I am very impressed thus far, mostly with how intuitive it has been to use. Looking forward to using it on a real ride this week.
that's coolio.

does the fenix 5x do maps on the watch itself? i know the edge series will load trail maps.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that's coolio.

does the fenix 5x do maps on the watch itself? i know the edge series will load trail maps.
Yup....really the main reason why I bought it. Shows actual topo maps right on the watch, and can either just have the "show map" mode or turn-by-turn navigation. The little I've messed around with it in the neighborhood, I'm very impressed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup....really the main reason why I bought it. Shows actual topo maps right on the watch, and can either just have the "show map" mode or turn-by-turn navigation. The little I've messed around with it in the neighborhood, I'm very impressed.
can you install trailforks like you can with the edge units? or is it just one of garmin's apps?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My old pup hasn't been able to keep anything down since Sunday night, so we are waiting for curb side vet ER. No fun, hope it's nothing serious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I saw you can install/link Trailforks, Strava and one other thing I didn't recognize.
having trailforks would probably be pretty awesome for MTB purposes. knowing this might be enough to convince me to overlook the massive size.

although i am intrigued by the new solar versions. i've read reports of people going 3-4 weeks without charging.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
having trailforks would probably be pretty awesome for MTB purposes. knowing this might be enough to convince me to overlook the massive size.

although i am intrigued by the new solar versions. i've read reports of people going 3-4 weeks without charging.
Yea the new Fenix 6/solar version looks amazing, but at the $800+ price tag that seemed bananas to me. Not that the $500 I paid for this was easy to stomach.

I can look into this Trailforks thing and report back. Never heard of it until now, but did see it pop up on some "YOU WANNA INSTALL THIS SHIT!?" thing when messing around with it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea the new Fenix 6/solar version looks amazing, but at the $800+ price tag that seemed bananas to me. Not that the $500 I paid for this was easy to stomach.

I can look into this Trailforks thing and report back. Never heard of it until now, but did see it pop up on some "YOU WANNA INSTALL THIS SHIT!?" thing when messing around with it.
i'll probably be looking for a new watch once the lawsuit settles, i'll have a few extra pennies to play with, plus i can get a discount on garmin stuff through work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
It doesn't look that much bigger than my watch, guess I need to see in person.
Until now my everyday watch was a Citizen Skyhawk AT, which has a 50mm case I think. So this is only a bit bigger, and lighter having the plastic/rubber band. So it didn't take much getting used to at all for me, and the functionality makes it easier to overlook even if it did.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the one thing i'm not crazy about the fenix is that its absolutely massive.
Looks like it would be comical for those of us with smaller wrists.

Then again I'm not a smart watch person and will continue pulling my phone out so I can wave my curmudgeonly fist at the youth cruising by with their turn-by-turn navigation.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have misplaced my dork-logger, and am currently searching my gear bag for it. @Nick lemme know if you need anything, my dude... I'm a short truck ride away. Groceries, meds, whatever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like it would be comical for those of us with smaller wrists.

Then again I'm not a smart watch person and will continue pulling my phone out so I can wave my curmudgeonly fist at the youth cruising by with their turn-by-turn navigation.
garmin's aren't really smart watches per se. their primary focus is sports and biometrics, but have slowly been adding more and more smartwatch features over the years. where as something like the apple watch is first and foremost a smart watch, even their "sport" version.