Quantcast

@@@Tuesderp gmt@@@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
garmin's aren't really smart watches per se. their primary focus is sports and biometrics, but have slowly been adding more and more smartwatch features over the years. where as something like the apple watch is first and foremost a smart watch, even their "sport" version.
I have an automatic watch on my wrist at the moment, so anything that has GPS and can pair with a cell phone sure as shit sounds smart to me.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
watchmonkey.com lol. i haven't worn a watch in 10 or more years . . .

just chugging away at a "normal" day...really did not want to get out of bed this AM.

cheers, y'all.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Using my phone as a hotspot to listen to a mandatory ISO9001 meeting in the veterinarians parking lot. Good times.
Hopped on a backlog refinement meeting this morning on my phone while walking the doggos. Had to do a presentation from a Starbucks patio yesterday while on our way home from Steamboat. What a time to be alive.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hopped on a backlog refinement meeting this morning on my phone while walking the doggos. Had to do a presentation from a Starbucks patio yesterday while on our way home from Steamboat. What a time to be alive.
I used to work from a coffee shop by my old place by choice. Fast connection, great coffee and also really good baked goods. I really don't see myself dining in anytime soon.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dog sitting...
Not much of an eater
This dog is weird. We leave a bowl of dry food out for him, which he hardly eats (his owner gave us this food). He pushes the bowl around the kitchen floor with his nose, then takes a few pieces of kibble, carries them into another room, and drops them there without eating them. I'm like "Bruh, eat your food." Then I give him a dog treat which takes him like five minutes to eat. Another weird thing is that as much of a food-driven dog that mine is, she won't touch this dog's food, even the random kibble on the floor.

tl;dr - dogs are funny

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This dog is weird. We leave a bowl of dry food out for him, which he hardly eats (his owner gave us this food). He pushes the bowl around the kitchen floor with his nose, then takes a few pieces of kibble, carries them into another room, and drops them there without eating them. I'm like "Bruh, eat your food." Then I give him a dog treat which takes him like five minutes to eat. Another weird thing is that as much of a food-driven dog that mine is, she won't touch this dog's food, even the random kibble on the floor.

tl;dr - dogs are funny
probably because different environment

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got all 100% of that mere 30% chance of thunderstorms and showers on yesterday evening's hike. Started out as a light manageable rain, then turned into a downpour in the dark with running water on most of the trail. Got soaked. My pack's rain cover managed to collect a couple glasses worth of water for the bottom of the pack to marinate in. Everything inside dry bags was fine. Definitely need to install some grommets in the lowest point of the rain cover. Good news is that all the sweat and salt got rinsed off my pack. No need to bathtub wash it now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ouch. $780 later, they found nothing wrong. I'm happy they didn't find anything, I just wish it was a little cheaper. #universalheathcarefordogs

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I made the most awful Pizza tonight. Tried putting the cheese on first. Bunch of shitty olives that ruined the sauce.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
chicago is thick crust and ny style sits in its own puddle of grease...?
Chicago puts the cheese under the sauce where it doesn't get hot enough to caramelize which adds a lot of flavor.

The grease in NY style pizza comes from the caramelized cheese. The same grease is still there in Chicago style but it is like having solid butter vs melted butter. Your eating the same fat, you just get to enjoy it more with NY style.

Drop some shredded mozzarella on a semi hot non-stick pan and you will see where that grease comes from. Caramelize that cheese a bit and you will know what tastes better.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Home. It took 12 hours to drive the 750 miles home including fuel stops and Ag Check points to show them the Coggins and Heath Certificate paperwork for the horse. This was followed by an hour of unloading the gear from the trailer and scooping out shavings and horse poop from the back. We had Gyros and fries from the local greek place afterwards.. I am beat. tomorrow I get to scrape 10 million dead insects off the truck and camper
118442392_3806865685997080_2931016507236887820_o.jpg
118481254_3806896955993953_3045249047553076693_o.jpg
118150627_3806896932660622_7117701324370826984_o.jpg
118427161_3806896995993949_5093472969931001844_o.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Chicago puts the cheese under the sauce where it doesn't get hot enough to caramelize which adds a lot of flavor.

The grease in NY style pizza comes from the caramelized cheese. The same grease is still there in Chicago style but it is like having solid butter vs melted butter. Your eating the same fat, you just get to enjoy it more with NY style.

Drop some shredded mozzarella on a semi hot non-stick pan and you will see where that grease comes from. Caramelize that cheese a bit and you will know what tastes better.
And if you need moar grease just add pepperoni, extra pepperoni, no, all the pepperoni, whole bag, hmmm, probably better get another bag.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And if you need moar grease just add pepperoni, extra pepperoni, no, all the pepperoni, whole bag, hmmm, probably better get another bag.
you see....i only like pepperoni on my pizza.....light cheese.....a good amount of sauce under the cheese....

i can tolerate just about anything but olives...mushrooms....pineapples....

mushrooms remind me of the smell of my dads feet as a kid when he would kick off the dress shoes after work...put up his feet and inhale the glory that was his feet in.the sweaty polyesyer dress socks as that cloud enveloped the living room...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
you see....i only like pepperoni on my pizza.....light cheese.....a good amount of sauce under the cheese....

i can tolerate just about anything but olives...mushrooms....pineapples....

mushrooms remind me of the smell of my dads feet as a kid when he would kick off the dress shoes after work...put up his feet and inhale the glory that was his feet in.the sweaty polyesyer dress socks as that cloud enveloped the living room...
I like mushrooms, a lot. Nom, nom, nom...

Yeah, smells can be powerful memory triggers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Never put sauce on the top of the cheese. You can put diced tomatoes on top of a thick pizza just make sure you bake appropriately.

If the pepperoni isn't crispy the pizza isn't cooked.