Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Denmark is back to home schooling so I am enjoying work and teaching at the same time which can be a juuuust a little frustrating at times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Denmark is back to home schooling so I am enjoying work and teaching at the same time which can be a juuuust a little frustrating at times.
my kid has been online school all year. twice now they've tried resuming in-person/hybrid learning. each time it lasted less than a week. those weeks we opted to keep him home anyways, looks like we made the right decision.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
my kid has been online school all year. twice now they've tried resuming in-person/hybrid learning. each time it lasted less than a week. those weeks we opted to keep him home anyways, looks like we made the right decision.
But why? Kids don't get Covid and they for sure do not spread it around. :homer: :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But why? Kids don't get Covid and they for sure do not spread it around. :homer: :rolleyes:
well aside from that, wife and i assumed the in person wouldn't last long and they'd be right back at home (we were right - but i thought it was gonna last more than a week) and he wouldn't do well with the schedule disruptions (he's ADHD and on the spectrum).

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We saw the writing on the wall here last summer and enrolled in online learning. School has only been open two days a week since Sept, with periods where it was totally closed.
Online is sorta-kinda working, but creates a lot of stress having to sit on the kiddo to get his work done.
Powder day at the Village today, he has to get all of his work done before going.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Today I work, plus present to the department executive committee about my group's proposal for home reading workstations, and run the radiology side of pancreatic multidisciplinary conference at noon. So I'll be busy until 1 PM then resume the usual fuckery.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Glad "hoildays" are over, back to work to relax a little....

Got a bunch of stuff done around the house yesterday to prepare for work again. 10 days off in the last 14 days, hope I didn't forget how to work..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We saw the writing on the wall here last summer and enrolled in online learning. School has only been open two days a week since Sept, with periods where it was totally closed.
Online is sorta-kinda working, but creates a lot of stress having to sit on the kiddo to get his work done.
Powder day at the Village today, he has to get all of his work done before going.
thankfully my son is only in kindergarten and our district still does half day kindergarten. i think they're actually doing a good job with the curriculum, considering the circumstances.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
buy a cheap pickup truck. i sometimes miss having mine. only sometimes though.
In a different world/marriage, I'd have my beater SUV and a weird sports car instead of just the slightly less weird sports car. Oh well, better to make the best of it then sit and complain!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In a different world/marriage, I'd have my beater SUV and a weird sports car instead of just the slightly less weird sports car. Oh well, better to make the best of it then sit and complain!
i shouldn't have looked. this is up the street from me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure if it's a crappy internet connection, or a crappy wifi router, but my wireless connections have never been particularly reliable. And I live in a small townhouse, downtown. There's only two of us at home at the moment, my son and I. My wife is at her moms with our other boy this week. So the fact that our connections both dropped at the same time while on concurrent video conferences does not bode well for when my wife and kid #2 come home, and if we're all trying to be on-line at the same time...

Though I just realized my laptop is about 10" away from the modem. I've plugged it in with an ethernet cable, so we'll see if that makes it more reliable (and maybe a bit quicker?). Stupid technology.

On a more positive note, my $30 wireless earbuds arrived yesterday, and they work well and sound great. My heated socks also arrived (from Germany) yesterday. Despite sitting on them for nearly three weeks, there was no customs charge and no tax - score! I'm looking forward to trying them out. My wheel should be built up and ready tomorrow. There's fresh snow on the ground. Maybe by the weekend I'll be able to go for a ride!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, let the shitshow at wrrk commence. The largest energy vampire in the room complains about the lack of energy in the room, go figure. He is a founder so hard to argue with him about anything.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
up until 4 this morning...discussing covid/lockdowns/jp harris/colter wall/dwight yokam/earthless/golden void/kadavar/last show seen with friend in norcal on ig message...

more exhausted than usual...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ugh, let the shitshow at wrrk commence. The largest energy vampire in the room complains about the lack of energy in the room, go figure. He is a founder so hard to argue with him about anything.
yes that is because you are wrong. Now get to licking boots!