Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Had thoughts of going skiing. Instead, there is water running down my bedroom wall and dripping from the ceiling because the upstairs bathroom sink cold water supply line has apparently been spraying water for several hours. On hold with Allstate now. Homeownership is bullshit. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Had thoughts of going skiing. Instead, there is water running down my bedroom wall and dripping from the ceiling because the upstairs bathroom sink cold water supply line has apparently been spraying water for several hours. On hold with Allstate now. Homeownership is bullshit. :mad:
Sucks. Good luck.

Also, here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No dork logger activities by @I Are Baboon . You good over there?

Le work today. I am finally being asked to work from home for two days per week. I thank I will choose Wednesday and Fridays.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The wind has been howling all night. Its going to be a real bitch driving my high profile work vehicle today. At least my morning espresso was excellent this morning. Just over 24 hours until we evict the Orange skinned Turd :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!

No dork logger activities by @I Are Baboon . You good over there?
Thank you for asking, friend. I feel better today. No issues other than feeling wiped out. But, I am no longer sore, no headache, no fever, and I got a NyQuil-assisted great night of sleep. Weird. If I was not working from home, I would have called in sick again today until I get the results of my covid test. It would appear though that I got some quick hitting 24 hour thing.

'Morning!

Thank you for asking, friend. I feel better today. No issues other than feeling wiped out. But, I am no longer sore, no headache, no fever, and I got a NyQuil-assisted great night of sleep. Weird. If I was not working from home, I would have called in sick again today until I get the results of my covid test. It would appear though that I got some quick hitting 24 hour thing.
I was about to email Randee to ask if you were OK...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just informed my department chair of what "pulling a Toobin" means

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Context was of him describing a hot mic slipup that he did the week before on the medical staff meeting--"this meeting is so boring". I said that at least he didn't pull a Toobin, and thus had to explain the concept at a high level. :D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Just spent 2 hours stooped over under the brew deck, ankle deep in spent grain, pulling the check valve on our spent grain line to replace the flange seal that blew. Disassembly, clean parts, inspection, replace blown seal, reassembly, clean-up, restart the grain-out process... seal on other side of check valve blows out. :banghead:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I bought a baseball glove and a few foam t-balls on Amazon last week for my son. There's something cathartic about tossing a ball around, even for 10 minutes. It's good for a quick "recess"....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just spent 2 hours stooped over under the brew deck, ankle deep in spent grain, pulling the check valve on our spent grain line to replace the flange seal that blew. Disassembly, clean parts, inspection, replace blown seal, reassembly, clean-up, restart the grain-out process... seal on other side of check valve blows out. :banghead:
this is what you get for releasing winter beers before winter starts

:busted:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What would have been helpful is a "buying a home is bullshit" alert 20 years ago.
Much like having kid(s) the advice can be proffered, but is likely to be ignored (at the time). It is only later... when we have gained more wisdom... do we see the MONSTROUS error of our ways.

"Buy a brewery," they said.
"It'll be fun," they said.

:disgust:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
managed to convince my boy to get out for a quick ski at lunch:
View attachment 155329
I tried XC skiing a couple of times with my wife who grew up doing it.

I liked it on the flat or gentle rolling terrain, but any kind of hill going up or down, generally resulted in me crashing in some way and laying there cursing the stupidity as a method of transport.

I liked it on the flat or gentle rolling terrain, but any kind of hill going up or down, generally resulted in me crashing in some way and laying there cursing the stupidity as a method of transport.
Yup. Head and arms tangled in brush, head below feet, stupid boards still strapped on, how the fuck do I untangle myself from this mess?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

yup. and me chasing my kid up the hills has resulted in me vomiting in my mouth, and driving home with a splitting headache. the cardio required to do it at a high level is mind boggling to me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yup. Head and arms tangled in brush, head below feet, stupid boards still strapped on, how the fuck do I untangle myself from this mess?
Exactly that. I'd never skied so a downhill that gained speed resulted in a crash. Uphill I could never seem to have enough traction to not slide backwards like a Wile E. Coyote scene. Then curse loudly as I'm laying there tangled up.