Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I actually enjoy homeownership but it helps that I have been able to get my purchase to increase substantially every time. Basement renovation started yesterday and it's looking good. I had somebody show up today and gave me 80 Dollars for the original cast iron stove, took it apart and removed it too. It is of no use since I had the chimney it was using removed and was just taking up space. Now that I am redoing the floor it was the perfect opportunity to get rid of it. The rain and mild weather has returned so the son is gone again.

I tried to help a friend find a road bike but that is not easy it seems these corona days. Nothing in stock anywhere in her size.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had to threaten to call the cops in my last landlord. I may not enjoy home ownership but it beats the alternatives.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
oh Lordy, Jackson is getting a whole foods. The end is near. Cant i return amazon shit there, though?
Maybe?

No where here is accepting any returns. :(

I have a shower curtain rod thing that I still need to return to the hardware store from last spring.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
What would have been helpful is a "buying a home is bullshit" alert 20 years ago.
Much like having kid(s) the advice can be proffered, but is likely to be ignored (at the time). It is only later... when we have gained more wisdom... do we see the MONSTROUS error of our ways.

"Buy a brewery," they said.
"It'll be fun," they said.

:disgust:
Dont buy a house...got it.
Already planned on the no kids things.
RideMonkey is helpful after all!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Lordy, Jackson is also getting an REI.
the great mallification is occurring.
Why we no have Popeye’s?
pffft. that's not for white people. have a chipotle, why don't you!

was moderately productive today. sent in revisions/responses to edits for upcoming book; worked on cleaning out garage; set up kids new computer; talked to parents; tried to keep kids on track with their school stuff...one more beer and time for bed.

tomorrow = meetings, keep cleaning garage, get new passport photo, maybe rebuild front wheel of new-to-me hardtail with non-boost hub that came today...maybe ride after lunch?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lordy, Jackson is also getting an REI.
the great mallification is occurring.
Why we no have Popeye’s?
I seem to remember buying some stove fuel from an outdoor store in Jackson that may have been an old KMart or grocery store.

Any word on an Apple Store?