Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Present and accounted for, been spending a bit of time with fam and friends with all the newfound time and travel, I figured I would get that done before the broad strokes of travel. Was planning on going to monkeyfest but the plans that put me halfway across the country for it were canceled so it didn't budget out nor fit my timeline, so boo to natural disasters.
OTOH, occupancy rates are down in Jackson by 30%, which has been nice! :p

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Present and accounted for, been spending a bit of time with fam and friends with all the newfound time and travel, I figured I would get that done before the broad strokes of travel. Was planning on going to monkeyfest but the plans that put me halfway across the country for it were canceled so it didn't budget out nor fit my timeline, so boo to natural disasters.
I think Sisters is/was your stomping grounds? Wife was a big fan when we rolled through the area last week.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

Kids 1, 2, and 3 all shall have surfing lessons this afternoon up in Hanalei

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I think Sisters is/was your stomping grounds? Wife was a big fan when we rolled through the area last week.
It was for 27 years or more, changed significantly in the last 10, I moved to camp Sherman in the last 6 and even then it was getting to me with the cost of living, tourists, crime, and the influx of out-of-town ideologies. When I first moved there in the infancy of my fire career the population was under 1k and there were no politics to be found. Not the case anymore.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Appointment done with neuro ophthalmologist guy.

Onto blood work and getting scheduled to get an MRI.

Doc also mentioned a lumbar puncture. Um no thanks?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
If they recommend it I’d get it. A lumbar puncture really isn’t a big procedure, IMO.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Actually yeah, his second-to-last-doctor put him on aciclovir in addition to augmentin in order to rule out any viral contributions... the viral swab didn't turn up anything though, so it probably didn't help
So it is not a Virus,but the Dr. Sais it’s ok to use aciclovir. That is good. I bet the dose is very low on the aciclovir,like a 100? It comes in very high dose’s. Ask the Dr. If he can take 800 mg 3 times a day for 4 or 5 days to see what happens? Mabye stop the augmentin while doing so? Aciclovir is very powerful,but only in the right dosage. Low dosage does not work. Can you’re son tell you when a soar is coming? That poor child. Please ask the Dr.

Edit Brother: Ask the the Dr. What is the Max mg his body/age can allow?

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If they recommend it I’d get it. A lumbar puncture really isn’t a big procedure, IMO.
Is it different than an epidural? I've watched one of those and yikes...

Waiting to get blood drawn. Of course the doctor wrote down two of the tests and they can't read it. Now trying to contact the doctor...why ain't this shit electronic?

Gonna be $350 to 3 of the tests. Luckily insurance covers majority of that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
unpopular opinion: that's my favorite BB album

grabbed the wrong leftovers out of the fridge on my way in this morning. got tofu and broccoli instead of thai tenderloin salad. major sads.
Better than what I did once... thought I grabbed soup and was looking forward to it. Nope, shit was dog food.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just got a bill for $14,000 for my shoulder surgery, United Health is trying to deny the claim. Surgery center says they never got authorization, but did the surgery anyway without confirming. UH said the authorization process was not followed, but they told be over the phone to go ahead and schedule the surgery. (I have a reference number for that call, but ai don’t know if it was recorded)
Much fun will be had dealing with this.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just got a bill for $14,000 for my shoulder surgery, United Health is trying to deny the claim. Surgery center says they never got authorization, but did the surgery anyway without confirming. UH said the authorization process was not followed, but they told be over the phone to go ahead and schedule the surgery.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Is it different than an epidural? I've watched one of those and yikes...

Waiting to get blood drawn. Of course the doctor wrote down two of the tests and they can't read it. Now trying to contact the doctor...why ain't this shit electronic?

Gonna be $350 to 3 of the tests. Luckily insurance covers majority of that.
It’s within a mm or two of an epidural. Similar level but they go a tiny bit further “in” with the long, skinny needle, if you will. From your perspective the same: local anesthetic to the back that feels like a little pinch for a few seconds, roll on your side, curl your legs up. A typical mandown Saturday night.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It’s within a mm or two of an epidural. Similar level but they go a tiny bit further “in” with the long, skinny needle, if you will. From your perspective the same: local anesthetic to the back that feels like a little pinch for a few seconds, roll on your side, curl your legs up. A typical mandown Saturday night.
You still feel the needle going in. Sitting there. And then it getting pulled out. All very disconcerting for me. The nurses were cute, so I tried to stay brave. They didn't have any of those Dum Dum little suckers for afterwards. I was peeved.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just got a bill for $14,000 for my shoulder surgery, United Health is trying to deny the claim. Surgery center says they never got authorization, but did the surgery anyway without confirming. UH said the authorization process was not followed, but they told be over the phone to go ahead and schedule the surgery. (I have a reference number for that call, but ai don’t know if it was recorded)
Waiting to see what the below costs me.
  • ER #1 + tests
  • Ambulance transfer
  • ER #2 + tests
  • 2 nights of acute pulmonary care, tests etc.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Waiting to see what the below costs me.
  • ER #1 + tests
  • Ambulance transfer
  • ER #2 + tests
  • 2 nights of acute pulmonary care, tests etc.
I've been making up for the last 2+ years of delayed healthcare [colonoscopy etc.] this summer.

Most health care systems do a 10-20% discount if you pay the amount due in full.

They don't advertise it, but they have thrown me a bone on every single bill thus far -- large and small.

You just have to call to request it!

#ThanksObama/Brandon

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
1658867863009.gif

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Fuck UHC.

They can absolutely make an exception and give you a retroactive approval. Fuck them. Raise bloody hell with those mother fuckers til you get what you want.

Fuck UHC!

Our work insurance is UHC and they suck so bad that I am considering going back to private insurance. For those of you have only ever lived on the corporate tit, that is about a factor TEN cost increase yearly.

Either that or we'll get catastrophic insurance and fly to Japan or Costa Rica for big stuff. It is literally cheaper to fly to Tokyo to get an MRI...than to pay UHC deductible, oop, etc. Faster too.

Fuck UHC.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
any chance its a misdiagnosis?
Absolutely. I think it was a low-level occular staph infection, that eventually spread to a scratch on his nose and turned into impetigo. It was pretty clearly infected when we first brought him in for impetigo, and we delayed because we were so conditioned to seeing it on his eyes. The infection is much lighter and or gone now, but I think there's a reaction to one of the medicines that is preventing his skin from healing now that the bacteria is gone.

I think if we had gotten the antibiotic eyedrops in march then this wouldn't be a problem...but we didn't. I think he has an allergy to mupirocin, and that's what's causing the redness/rawness and inflammation...but I feel like a shit parent because I can't get this to heal and these doctors just keep dicking us around.

So it is not a Virus,but the Dr. Sais it’s ok to use aciclovir. That is good. I bet the dose is very low on the aciclovir,like a 100? It comes in very high dose’s. Ask the Dr. If he can take 800 mg 3 times a day for 4 or 5 days to see what happens? Mabye stop the augmentin while doing so? Aciclovir is very powerful,but only in the right dosage. Low dosage does not work. Can you’re son tell you when a soar is coming? That poor child. Please ask the Dr.

Edit Brother: Ask the the Dr. What is the Max mg his body/age can allow?
I don't think the aciclovir did anything. There was no change from before to after he started using it, and we have no history of herpes and no recent contact with any chicken pox/other infectious disease. We used it for the full five days with no improvement then stopped with no change. The viral swab also turned up nothing. The bacterial one still showed low-level staph, but even that should be gone after another 10 days of augmentin. It's not MRSA, as they tested for that as well.