Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just got a bill for $14,000 for my shoulder surgery, United Health is trying to deny the claim. Surgery center says they never got authorization, but did the surgery anyway without confirming. UH said the authorization process was not followed, but they told be over the phone to go ahead and schedule the surgery. (I have a reference number for that call, but ai don’t know if it was recorded)
Much fun will be had dealing with this.
I have found United Health Care to be weak and ineffectual. Just steadfastly maintain the line that before your procedure or treatment you had believed you were approved for it, before having it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had it. The Onus is on them to prove you didn't. Just remember they probably have recorded any or all of your communications with them by phone.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For future reference, Dune is fucking awesome. And waiting for commercials on Hulu to watch Rick and Morty blows.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Fuck UHC.

They can absolutely make an exception and give you a retroactive approval. Fuck them. Raise bloody hell with those mother fuckers til you get what you want.

Fuck UHC!

Our work insurance is UHC and they suck so bad that I am considering going back to private insurance. For those of you have only ever lived on the corporate tit, that is about a factor TEN cost increase yearly.

Either that or we'll get catastrophic insurance and fly to Japan or Costa Rica for big stuff. It is literally cheaper to fly to Tokyo to get an MRI...than to pay UHC deductible, oop, etc. Faster too.

Fuck UHC.
That a Boy,that is what I’m talkin about,Passion Bitch. Fuckin Wrong is Wrong! We get to a point,and then.

Avy

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
C937E03C-FE41-447A-9DD3-533FE8E72757.jpeg

I’d say the Rona gave him poor taste in movies but this was prior to it

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I had a rather awkward moment in Birmingham where I realized that pants means something different to Brits.
Japanese, too. Zubon is pants. Pantsu is underpants usually.