***Tuesderp GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello fronds

I am OK. How are you?

Day two of staycation. Not bad. Did a 10mi test ride on the spooky. Pretty nice but the front derailleur is still wonky and there's some pulsation or play from the front brake. Everything else feels pretty tight and the ride is fairly smooth but remarkably fast rolling. The fit even feels pretty good, though not as comfortable and confidence inspiring as my 3T which is what I was going for. Will keep schralping.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Toshi Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 tires have been ordered.

Will need to do the wheel swap myself, as tire shop is booked out until friggin Christmas. Oh well, it's easy with these golf cart sized wheels.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@Toshi Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 tires have been ordered.

Will need to do the wheel swap myself, as tire shop is booked out until friggin Christmas. Oh well, it's easy with these golf cart sized wheels.
I bought wheels to put the wife's winter tires on and learned her car doesn't have TPMS sensors. It uses the abs sensor to detect wheel drag. I had no idea.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have my first old person accessory...besides the recliner i sleep on...

a cell phone leash.....because i always pass out with it in my hand....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Evening. Long day at school, but I don't have to go back until Monday :banana:
Packing up our crap to go to the inlaws for turkey and I'll do some hunting out there and see where we end up.
Have you seen the new Yeti?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
hello fronds

I am OK. How are you?

Day two of staycation. Not bad. Did a 10mi test ride on the spooky. Pretty nice but the front derailleur is still wonky and there's some pulsation or play from the front brake. Everything else feels pretty tight and the ride is fairly smooth but remarkably fast rolling. The fit even feels pretty good, though not as comfortable and confidence inspiring as my 3T which is what I was going for. Will keep schralping.
Check the threads on your brake mounts of your fork. The depth of the bolt to the depth of the hole on the fork. I have run into brake mounting bolts to long for the mounting hole and bottoming out before the bolt can properly affix the brake caliper. Both times I just washered it out to make it work. Pulse went away both times. SRAM product with wrongly speced mounting hardware both times.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Check the threads on your brake mounts of your fork. The depth of the bolt to the depth of the hole on the fork. I have run into brake mounting bolts to long for the mounting hole and bottoming out before the bolt can properly affix the brake caliper. Both times I just washered it out to make it work. Pulse went away both times. SRAM product with wrongly speced mounting hardware both times.
Y u no trim bolt?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Found a canopy in Kennewick so I made the trek down into that little slice of paradise. I timed my trip for just after the rain and sleet, which promptly turned to ice. Especially on the bridges. Saw well over a dozen accidents and was weaving through car parts and wrecked cars at one point. One accident was a roll over fatality. That was a knarly wreck to drive through. @Atomic Dog how you doing down there?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Tuesday was lots of lifting stuff, drilling stuff and welding welds that were a bit too cold, damn.
Might have to take the propane torch next time to preheat more.
IMG_20221123_224249.jpg

IMG_20221123_224254.jpg

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Found a canopy in Kennewick so I made the trek down into that little slice of paradise. I timed my trip for just after the rain and sleet, which promptly turned to ice. Especially on the bridges. Saw well over a dozen accidents and was weaving through car parts and wrecked cars at one point. One accident was a roll over fatality. That was a knarly wreck to drive through. @Atomic Dog how you doing down there?
I managed to stay the hell off the computer all weekend, go me!

Work decided to be extra cautious and send us all home to telework at 11am before any weather moved in, so I was at home taking a nap on the couch by noon to start my long weekend. No venturing out on the nasty roads for me.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I managed to stay the hell off the computer all weekend, go me!

Work decided to be extra cautious and send us all home to telework at 11am before any weather moved in, so I was at home taking a nap on the couch by noon to start my long weekend. No venturing out on the nasty roads for me.
It was well good you weren't on the roads! The tri-cities were a complete clusterfuck that night.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nitrile gloves, my dude! :panic:
This is Australia, you just sweat, your hands fall apart and assembling stuff like this sucks!
PXL_20221128_225146307.jpg

Gloves have been tried and abandoned by everyone that has been through our shop, I do wear a mask when I blow motors out as the dust from brushed motors as nasty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is Australia, you just sweat, your hands fall apart and assembling stuff like this sucks!
View attachment 185534
Gloves have been tried and abandoned by everyone that has been through our shop, I do wear a mask when I blow motors out as the dust from brushed motors as nasty.

Nitrile gloves are great for re-humidifying your hands after you've scrubbed the crap out of them to get them clean. Or if you have desk hands.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nitrile gloves are great for re-humidifying your hands after you've scrubbed the crap out of them to get them clean. Or if you have desk hands.
I probably use them most when my hands are already black, I put them on to pack bearings so I don't have to wash my hands, my hands come out like slightly clean prunes when I take them off.
My boss likes to say that normal people use gloves to keep their hands clean.