Quantcast

***tuesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I really wanted to stay in bed this morning but I dragged my fat ass to the high school track and ran an hour (8.2 miles). I'm glad that's done. WFH day and got a lot of work to do.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

1. There's a steady march of ants across our kitchen counter into the vacuum cleaner. So much hope and promise sucked away in an instant. I feel that.
2. Old car has been prepped and is 1 alignment away from going up for sale. The thought of dealing with people has me consider keeping it.
3. Tree guy is coming to quote a tree removal + stump grinding. He's totally gonna tell me it'd need the crane.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No alcohol since Thursday, but still woke up at 4 for no good reason. HAVE been sleeping like a rock but woke up at 4 this morning for no reason so I played guitar for 2 hours.

Mr. Bungle & the Melvins tonight.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
First job of the day, put starter motor in, nup, ring gear hits the nose cone.
Fire up the die grinder and the customer strolls over and asks what I'm doing "Just giving it a little kiss." hahaha!
Day was cruisy otherwise, even got to use Crow's foot spanners which was fun, should have bought them years ago.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Carvana were well ahead on buying our pickup, paying what I'd have wanted private sale but without dealing with morans.
Carmax online quote was ~$2k less, but weren't getting the right model from the plate/VIN, so may have been closer to Carvana, but would have required an in person quote I guess.
KBB (just gets annoying dealers lowballing you)/Vroom ~-$5k/Givemethevin ~-$8k, were all much, much less.

But slightly different price range to T's jalopy :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wet and looked at a Malone Kayak trailer last night, roof on the new camper is not as thick as the older rigs and I can see myself not wanting to haul the yaks up there in a few years. Ruth wanted to see the trailer before letting me buy a new one so we drove 30 minutes to see one at a member of a Kayak fishing clubs house. Ruth then said go buy one. WIN

1684244404534.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Carvana were well ahead on buying our pickup, paying what I'd have wanted private sale but without dealing with morans.
Carmax online quote was ~$2k less, but weren't getting the right model from the plate/VIN, so may have been closer to Carvana, but would have required an in person quote I guess.
KBB (just gets annoying dealers lowballing you)/Vroom ~-$5k/Givemethevin ~-$8k, were all much, much less.

But slightly different price range to T's jalopy :D
In normal times, $2,500 would probably be about right. It's an 08 Honda Fit Sport 5-speed with 125K on the clock. Good condition for its age with the usual rust and dings.

But these are not normal times. I've seen comparable models on FB marketplace for $3,800 - $6,000. Amazing for a car that had an original MSRP of $13K 15 years ago.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Clean eating starts this week. I’ve got a wellness check coming up and the doc keeps threatening to put me on cholesterol meds. I’ve actually got almost 3 weeks to go, so I’ve got time for oatmeal to do whatever it does. My diet is usually pretty good but I’ve been been a little heavy on the treats and cheats lately.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I haven't had strep since I was a kid, but fuck that shit. :nope:
compared to my experience with astrovirus enteritis a few weeks ago this is nothing. mild but persistent sore throat and just a very general sense that something's not quite right, but that's about it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
compared to my experience with astrovirus enteritis a few weeks ago this is nothing. mild but persistent sore throat and just a very general sense that something's not quite right, but that's about it.
i wonder if there's a correlation between how much you snuggle your kids in bed and how often you get sick

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i wonder if there's a correlation between how much you snuggle your kids in bed and how often you get sick
given that I snuggle with my middle child basically every day but am sick only a small proportion of the year I'd guess an r value of, say, 0.1

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
WFH today as I have strep throat.
I, and everyone else in my family, like @stevew, have never had strep.

#americanexceptionalism

Clean eating starts this week. I’ve got a wellness check coming up and the doc keeps threatening to put me on cholesterol meds. I’ve actually got almost 3 weeks to go, so I’ve got time for oatmeal to do whatever it does. My diet is usually pretty good but I’ve been been a little heavy on the treats and cheats lately.
That's not how that's supposed to work. :D