Quantcast

Tune-up in Seattle?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Ok, so I just bought a used 91 Accord. Good overall shape except for a few minor problems. One, there is some normal engine knock that just needs tuning. Two, the cd player works, but the wiring is messed up so there's no sound in the speakers. I need somebody that knows what they're doing but has cheap prices. Any suggestions?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
kinghami3 said:
...there is some normal engine knock that just needs tuning....
Ummmmm..... there is no such thing as a "normal" engine knock?
Unless of course you bought a 2000ish Chev 1/2 ton truck with the 5.3(?) engine, then Chev would insist that its just a normal operating sound???

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
what I mean is that I probably need new spark plugs or something like that, maybe a high octane tank of gas or something; no rebuilding the engine involved.

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
If you're speaking of detonation or preignition knock, you aren't running enough octane or too much timing (advanced).

I'd help you with the engine if you like.

Cheers

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Parabola said:
If you're speaking of detonation or preignition knock, you aren't running enough octane or too much timing (advanced).

I'd help you with the engine if you like.

Cheers
That's what I'm thinking (I'm not a car guy but I have a fairly good idea of what I'm talking about). Higher octane worked with my dad's mustang, but I want cheap gas so a timing adjustment would be better. If you could help me with that it would be cool, but it would have to be on the weekend.