Quantcast

tuning Ferrari ENZO

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
haven't heard to much about that (once at lemans, butI can name at least 10 cars in the 90s that did the same thing), but it did 1-2-3 at daytona taking back their crown from the GT40s.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ugly. Looks like one of the cars out of that dickhole movie "Demolition Man."

Why screw around with one of the most exclusive cars in the world? At least it wasn't a Zonda...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Silver said:
Ugly. Looks like one of the cars out of that dickhole movie "Demolition Man."

Why screw around with one of the most exclusive cars in the world? At least it wasn't a Zonda...
agreed on all counts. looks like a clay model :think:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Transcend said:
Right, but only 4 p4s were ever made, for lemans that year and possibly the year before, although I'm not sure. Before that they were racing P3s and then 430s.
correct, but how many race cars from that era were dangerous: 917's took flight, one of 4 GT40's caught on fire.....(esentialy all the competition). realy now....:nope:

And you guys are nuts about 'screwing around with an enzo'. This is Pininfarina. They design ferrari's from the start.

special for a prince (also came with a sedan)

another 'king special'

etc

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Secret Squirrel said:
Ahhhh....well, that would make sense.....since there are a few Pininfarina'd Ferraris in my area.....didn't even think of that! Good catch!
Actually Pininfarina is one of two styling housed that Ferrari uses to design the bodies of their cars for production. They are also one of the few places that you can still get true coachwork done, not just fiberglass and bondo add ons.

Personally I think it looks decent, not great looking, but decent. At least as good as the Enzo does. The Enzo really isn't a great looking car, if any other car maker produced it I would guess that it would receive only a lukewarm welcom. However since it's Ferrari's supercar it is beutiful by association. Not that looks matter, it is designed to go fast, and that it does.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I think I like it. Kind of retro-futuristic but cool. I'd like to know the drag co-efficient compared to the original.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reminds me of some washed up old woman whose plastic surgeon went a little overboard with the collagen injections.

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
ALEXIS_DH said:
i think is pretty..
has a retro-lemans-racer+80s thing+solar-powered-car that makes it attractive to me.
That's the reason I don't like the look of it. If they had stuck to the classic styling (like the Ford GT remake) I would love it. The black bubble top and those wheels ruin it.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Italian cars kinda suck really. Anyone ever see the top gear where the guy tests the lambo gallardo and stuff just keeps breaking in the interior ? Now the germans... they know how to design a prime automobile.

BillT

Monkey
atrokz said:
I wish you could see the irony in your post.....
He probably doesn't have a clue as to how German the Gallardo is...that being said, my brother is automotive journalist and he interviewed a Lambo dealer when the Diablo first came out and the guy told him, off the record, that the cars come pretty much undriveable from the factory and that they have to put about $10k worth of labor into them before they'll let customers even touch them. Now that was a while ago, so maybe they are better, but iI doubt it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
dan wask said:
Italian cars kinda suck really. Anyone ever see the top gear where the guy tests the lambo gallardo and stuff just keeps breaking in the interior ? Now the germans... they know how to design a prime automobile.
are we talking about design or engineering???

No one makes a better looking car (design) than the italians. However, no one engineers a car like the Japanese.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
atrokz said:
exactly. imo you want a beautiful ferrari, you buy this:

My uncle is on the waiting list right now, he thinks he may have it within a year, CAN'T WAIT!!!!

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
jacksonpt said:
no one engineers a car like the Japanese.
uh, that is certainly debatable. One could argue the impecable records (both in reliability, and performance) that Porsche garners, or BMW's track record both on and off the track. Then there are the Ferraris (and yes, in their LONG history there have been some problems, but overall..) with their performacne and technological marvels, and then Audi where lately there cars are nothing short of solidly engineered. Matter of a fact, untill not too long ago R'n'D in Japan meant 'Ripoff and Duplicate'.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
atrokz said:
uh, that is certainly debatable. One could argue the impecable records (both in reliability, and performance) that Porsche garners, or BMW's track record both on and off the track. Then there are the Ferraris (and yes, in their LONG history there have been some problems, but overall..) with their performacne and technological marvels, and then Audi where lately there cars are nothing short of solidly engineered. Matter of a fact, untill not too long ago R'n'D in Japan meant 'Ripoff and Duplicate'.
I'm not a car history nut, so all I know is my first hand experience and the bit of stuff I read here and there.

BMW and Audi can't hold a candle to the Japanese manufacturers when it comes to long term quality/reliability. I will say that german cars have a clear leg up in driving experience, for lack of a better expression. IMO, it's not fair to compare a Porche to a Lexus, as the typical Porsche owner doesn't keep the car for 6+ years as their daily driver (btw - I'm a big Porsche fan).

I just think that when it comes to fit and finish, and long term reliability, you can't beat the Japanese.