Quantcast

Tuning morewood/avy

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
I have a Morewood Izumi with a Avy Chubbie w/450# ti spring.

It feels like crap. Well, as much crap as it can at least. The sag is very low, but to get it around 30% (i suppose that is about proper) the spring is very loose.

Any tips other than sending to avy?

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
What year model Morewood? Remember the lev ratio is pretty low on the 07 or newer so if thats what you're riding you may need to consider running 400lb. How much do you weigh?

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
the shock wouldnt be valved for it unless it had it. if the shock had a hi/low independent adjustment, then right below the resevoir there would be a red non-adjsutable knob followed by a blue adjustable knob with a brass screw in the middle of it..see the link
http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/hilowadjuster.html
and as far as your spring being loose, trying putting more preload on the spring. if you ride it with the spring loose you will really damage your shock and avy wont warranty it. if you want to know how to set it up pm me and ill walk you through it. ive had avy shocks for 7 years now and im pretty familiar with them

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
an '03? are those still around? awesome!

i think you may want to try a 400lb spring on that puppy! 150lb is pretty light...?
Not sure where the pivot was on those or what the leverage ratio was, but i'm about 150-155 with gear and i ride a 300lb spring on my orange 224. The old 222 (which is probably more similiar to an 03 morewood) i ran a 350.