Quantcast

Tunnel

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Last Friday, I walked down Tunnel shooting Preston and Mike (5150biker). Mike got a flat less than a quarter of the way into the trail...and neither of use had any new tubes. Walking down tunnel takes a while. I think some came out pretty good, but I think they are okay overall.

Notes from some friendly hikers.

the smooth top section

The wallride Mike wouldn't hit. What a pvssy!

Preston

Mike

I wanted to freeze him. I guess I need faster/more powerful flashes...

Preston

Mike got the flat when he landed the gap on a sharp rock, so his bike wasn't rideable. I made him do it anyway.

Preston

Flowers

Preston

The crappy view. That's all smog.

Preston at the 'stair section'

The rest: http://photos.mediabypb.com/gallery/4733074_xSv9p/1/280317377_2FoUz/Medium

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
nice shots! they look pretty good.

however, LOL at the guy on dan's old M3, for riding tunnel w/o flat repair...haha!

threadjack for a pic of the wallride, this is how we do:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
however, LOL at the guy on dan's old M3, for riding tunnel w/o flat repair...haha!
That s**t never ceases to amaze me.
All too cool for a camelback until they're flatted out and got a loooong walk down. "can I use your tools?" :imstupid:

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
That s**t never ceases to amaze me.
All too cool for a camelback until they're flatted out and got a loooong walk down. "can I use your tools?" :imstupid:
if somebody in our crew gets a flat, which happens often, and doesn't have the tools, we make 'em wear the tube of shame like a backpack for the rest of the ride.

but, c'mon, you can easily squeeze a patch kit, pump and a couple tools in your pockets if you refuse to wear a pack. it's a long walk down.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i can't believe i have never even thought of doing a wallride right there, thats really rad, getting stoked just looking at it, can't wait to do it.

gotta head home soon

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
This is your best shot. Solid exposure and lighting, and a shutter fast enough so that the rider is sharp and there's still a little motion blur on the front tire. Good job:thumb:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks for the comments! I was zooming out as I did that and froze him with a flash on each side.

I was going for more blur like this (but freezing him). I'd probably need to turn down my flashes to get them faster and put the ISO up.