Quantcast

$$% Turds Dork %$$

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
for real. my old man won't spend money on shit. he could have retired almost 20 years ago and still works and saves all his money...
To be honest... we, in the U.S., could use a bit more of this attitude (less the hoarding junk part) - not spending money on shit and saving is admirable.

That said - sacrificing retirement to continue to "hoard" money is probably misguided...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So it's a learned behavior? Cause almost every single MilleniasI know, all of which have Boomer parents, are pretty minimalist as a direct result of spending their childhoods buried under their parents crap.
I am very much living a minimalist lifestyle with my Land Cruiser and Tesla.

Tip toeing the thin line before rage throwing stuff away. My in-laws have so much stuff. So much. Like, 8 or 9 sets of plates. 5 sets of cookware. Must be a good 30 some odd chairs in this house. All of which are "antiques". Being old doesnt make something an antique, nor does it automatically mean its worth something, nor does it guarantee that someone actually wants to buy it.

I dont know how people live with piles of stuff that you have to dodge in every room. Its ridiculous.
Tell me about it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Two rides deep on the new bike, and I have to admit I'm having some trouble adjusting to this "new school aggressive geometry"... both the front and rear squishy bits are amazing, love the way the rear wheel tracks, the Grip2 up front is one of the best forks I've felt in a long time, etc. Climbing the bike is super great, but pointed downhill it just feels like it's too sensitive to steering input. Gonna bump the stem from a 40mm to a 50mm and see what that does... it'll also give me the exact same hips-to-hands measurement as my last bike which was pretty spot on for teh climbings for me. Cockpit does feel just a touch cramped with the 40mm up there.
Mid afternoon rip after swapping to a 50mm stem was awesome, and proved out the theory that the 40mm was too short. The longer stem took just enough “twitch” out of the handling that I am full-on in love with this bike now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ID/WA/MT....maybe pass through jackson to see an artists work at a gallery in town...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
WTF is this shit right here?

Winter has returned with a vengeance to the Beartooth Highway, leading to the famed road closing last night due to blowing snow and drifting conditions.

The scenic highway closed at Vista Point on US-212 at 3:30 p.m. yesterday, according to the Montana Department of Transportation.

beartooth, highway, map, US 212, closed, Montana, wyoming
Credit: MDT
The closure, located south of Red Lodge, is due to drifting and blowing snow as well as fog and wet road conditions. Travelers from Red Lodge can go to Vista Point but will then need to turn around and return to Red Lodge. The Wyoming side of the pass is also closed, according to MDT.

Travelers can expect snow-covered roads and limited visibility and should be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions.

A winter weather advisory for the Beartooth Pass and the Beartooth Mountains is in effect Thursday morning and snow is expected above 8,000 feet, with additional accumulations of 4 to 6 inches expected.

beartooth, highway, map, US 212, closed, Montana, wyoming

@Montana rider essplain pls.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a disagreement with a supplier over a stress analysis. Things have gone back and forth for weeks, on Monday he told me I didn't know what I was talking about and shouldn't be listened to because I don't have a PE license. I remained professional but was fucking pissed off as I know a shit ton more about the subject, he was trying to bully and intimidate me. I did some digging tonight, not only can I prove that I am right, I think I can prove he knowingly created a fraudulent stamped stress report to cover up a design that will fail. Considering what would be necessary to report him to the state and get his license revoked.

Last edited: