Quantcast

-*: turds GMT :*-

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Trying to finalize the house renovation. The only big problem we have had is the very large tiles in the shower. Had I know it would be so difficult I would have choose another solution and we would have been done in May. At least the first two tiles went up yesterday

This used to be a walk in closet and a cabint. The house is a little wider and thus there is a little bit of the roof that sticks into what will be a double shower.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The house is a get a little wider and thus there is a little bit of the roof that sticks into what will be a double shower.
wat

jonkranked is up first...wat

had a wonderful evening last night. test drove a wild bmw with 360hp and a six speed, followed by BSing with my old CEO and his collection of M3s (he has three, plus a 335i). He let me test drive a pair of them. Had a beer. Went home. Then my wife yelled at me for reasons I still don't understand. Probably because I had fun.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Manger hat on: Had to go appease a client, a driver broke her folding wire shopping cart and she was having a cow. I stopped by wally world and bought her a new one for $26 on my way over. Assembled it in front of her, she was happy. It got me out of the office early WIN

just opened a fresh bag of coffee...so tasty

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am in a foul mood. just foul. but somehow, my kids respect me more. hmmmm.... still, being in a foul mood sucks. i need to be happier. maybe I should practice mindfulness or some shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went riding with the dudes last night and we had a great time. Maybe it was the pre-ride shed visit or the mid-ride shed visit, but somehow I ended up leading for 3/4 of the ride with the bum knee. As long as I don't try to pedal with the seat lowered, it feels completely fine...

I need to get my lights sorted out though. The battery connector on the bar mounted light is corroded, so unless its in the perfect spot, the light just shuts off. It happened right at the top of a sweet downhill section. Had to tip-toe through the big roots afterwards, in fear that it'd just shut off again.

Anyone have any tips for corroded connections? Should I just take a small file or piece fine sand paper to the corroded part? And is there some sort of grease I can stick in there to prevent it from happening again?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Trying to finalize the house renovation. The only big problem we have had is the very large tiles in the shower. Had I know it would be so difficult I would have choose another solution and we would have been done in May. At least the first two tiles went up yesterday

This used to be a walk in closet and a cabint. The house is a get a little wider and thus there is a little bit of the roof that sticks into what will be a double shower.
Is that 6mm Dekton or Neolith? Will be worth it when it is done.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nyone have any tips for corroded connections? Should I just take a small file or piece fine sand paper to the corroded part? And is there some sort of grease I can stick in there to prevent it from happening again?
steel wool first.

grease + electrons = bad idea.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went riding with the dudes last night and we had a great time. Maybe it was the pre-ride shed visit or the mid-ride shed visit, but somehow I ended up leading for 3/4 of the ride with the bum knee. As long as I don't try to pedal with the seat lowered, it feels completely fine...

I need to get my lights sorted out though. The battery connector on the bar mounted light is corroded, so unless its in the perfect spot, the light just shuts off. It happened right at the top of a sweet downhill section. Had to tip-toe through the big roots afterwards, in fear that it'd just shut off again.

Anyone have any tips for corroded connections? Should I just take a small file or piece fine sand paper to the corroded part? And is there some sort of grease I can stick in there to prevent it from happening again?
baking soda and water?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
whoever was talking about the foul mood...yeah me, same. for like a month now though.
need a new jorb & need to ski. x.X

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
steel wool first.

grease + electrons = bad idea.
I don't think steel wool will work, as the corroded part (can see that its turned green) is inside of the plugin connector. Its pretty much same connection as 2nd from the right.

There has to be a grease to help protect it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't think steel wool will work, as the corroded part (can see that its turned green) is inside of the plugin connector. Its pretty much same connection as 2nd from the right.

can you not just replace the cable? the light setup i have the cable is its own component

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
anyone had to deal with xerostomia before? My antibiotics triggered a case of dry mouth, and it was really irritating. It's been almost three weeks that I stopped the antibiotics. At first I thougt it was thrush, but I saw my dentist yesterday and he confirmed that it's not. He said it's just dry mouth, that my salivary glands aren't producing enough. Apparently, it's a common side effect of drugs. He said there's nothing to do really, just sip water often, and it'll get better with time. The hygenist gave me some little pills to stick in my cheeks which helped last night. But this shit is really fucking irritating. I feel like I'm OCD, flicking my tongue against my teeth (have the lizards gotten to me?).

any tips or tricks on keeping your mouth moist?!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
anyone had to deal with xerostomia before? My antibiotics triggered a case of dry mouth, and it was really irritating. It's been almost three weeks that I stopped the antibiotics. At first I thougt it was thrush, but I saw my dentist yesterday and he confirmed that it's not. He said it's just dry mouth, that my salivary glands aren't producing enough. Apparently, it's a common side effect of drugs. He said there's nothing to do really, just sip water often, and it'll get better with time. The hygenist gave me some little pills to stick in my cheeks which helped last night. But this shit is really fucking irritating. I feel like I'm OCD, flicking my tongue against my teeth (have the lizards gotten to me?).

suck on ice cubes?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Product called stabilant 22. It's expensive, but it works. You can get it at parts stores if they know about it

Info to go along with

http://www.stabilant.com/appnt20.php

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

https://www.biotene.com

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Dead-Down-Wind-ScentPrevent-Mouth-Spray-oz/1206560.uts?productVariantId=2961960&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03230718&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkK_jofbJ3QIVCFp-Ch0F3gO4EAQYASABEgK8tfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Rode the gravel bike briefly the other night. It felt good but I also half-tweaked my back picking up an air compressor. Hopefully the back untweaks without going full tweak, before the ankle is green lighted for shreeddddddiiinnggg.

Hop harvest, apple harvest, warehouse is demanding all the refrigerations be turned on.

Also, our non-profit is serving beer at the local outdoor film festival tomorrow. 240 cans and a keg of beer all for the trails!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Paid $50 for a ticket to see an intense, dark burlesque show in a small, intimate venue (30 people). Creepy, bloody (makeup), fire, and fetish stuff. Only to have a gaggle of LA giggle blondes, barely old enough to drink, chatter all through the show and climb over me to go to the bar 5 times.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went for a short run with the dog. Had planned a 10k but the weather got shitty, barley mad it home after 5k before the clouds opened up. Good thing too, furnace guy that I had completely forgotten I had scheduled showed up very shortly after. Else wise, house hold adventure time. Cameras to hang, lawns to mow, laundry to wash, and chili to make.

Yes.

Dialectic grease isnt such a bad idea
:stupid:

Along with a contact cleaner spray, and a brass brush. We use both pretty regularly on teh airplanze. I use it on my house hold stuff as well because I have access to it. No idea what it costs, I'm sure it's not cheap, but I'd wager your local auto parts store has something similar.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Apply the same technology and you will be primed for all day Pisgah epics.