Quantcast

### TUrdsday gee em tee###

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got a new S10 phone. Seems much faster than the S8.

Otterbox's warranty is so good, they don't even check if you actually owned one previously...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got big brother his first (size appropriate) real pedal bike yesterday. Super excited to see him ride it and looking forward to working up to fire road rides with him.
IMG_20201001_002851_606.jpg
IMG_20201001_002851_607.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Filled out a loan app with the credit union for a truck I found. I hate shopping for trucks because they have gotten silly. But I found a "work truck" with manual windows even. '07 and it's an extra cab, not a club cab, so even better. I haven't had a car payment in almost 2 years, damn.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!! Speaking of riding, I am waiting on whatever MTB plans the wife conjures up for us this afternoon. It makes no difference to me but she is planning some shit with multiple people. I'll just get in the car and go where she takes me. roffl

Anyway, I hit the high school track for 8 miles this morning. I've been dealing with a tendinitis flare up in my shin over the past month and this morning was the best it's felt it a while. When it does hurt, it makes running very painful. It was nice to be pain free for a change.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got big brother his first (size appropriate) real pedal bike yesterday. Super excited to see him ride it and looking forward to working up to fire road rides with him.
View attachment 150302View attachment 150303
Nice! My boy has zero fucking interest in riding a bike. He does poorly on his tricycle, and that's about it. his sister was training wheel free at 4 and rode 6 miles on her 14" bike later that year. Meanwhile ding-dong here won't even straddle his strider.... :rolleyes:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that's awesome.

also, you kid must be kinda tiny? those look like 14" wheels, no?
12".... he's 3yr 3mo and ~39" tall, which puts him somewhere in the middle of the recommended range for that bike (12" Precaliber).

He probably could have got more use out of a 14", but the thought was start him on the 12" which should be good through next year, then bump up to a 16". Then the 12" would be good for his brothers first bike the following year.

Plus....you can never have too many bikes...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Trying something new for Migraines

Twice a week physical therapy involving lots of needles in various muscles and nerves combined with small pulses if electricity through said needles in various path ways, along with some special exercise and massage

Hour a visit, twice a week for six weeks....

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Bike is almost done. Got gifted a used P-street frame/ fork and wheels... then the donator found his new warranty replacement frame and fork, so I now have a brand new 2005 P-street and Dirt /street bomber fork!!! Been "fun" sourcing parts for a 15 year old tech bike....

Adventurous has sent the last missing link, rear rim brakes! Then it's off to it's maiden voyage at the DJ park!!!

Hope this 43 year old body holds up as good as the 15 year old bike...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
12".... he's 3yr 3mo and ~39" tall, which puts him somewhere in the middle of the recommended range for that bike (12" Precaliber).

He probably could have got more use out of a 14", but the thought was start him on the 12" which should be good through next year, then bump up to a 16". Then the 12" would be good for his brothers first bike the following year.

Plus....you can never have too many bikes...
i'm just not used to a normal sized kid. my son is like 50" tall? and he's 5 1/2 now. He got his first pedal bike, which was 16" wheels, for his 4th bday (march 2019). he's already about outgrown it. he'll probably be ready for 20" next year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Taking the rest of the week off to ride and such. And just like last time I tried to take some time off to ride, a thick blanket of smoke arrives.

Fuck
This
Bullshit

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, so far home-schooling is much harder than expected. He has always been at the top of his class, he is borderline failing out. Not sure what to do besides sending him back to school. But we still don’t trust that the schools will stay open.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just sold a SLX crankset I had laying around for $75 to a local kid for his dad's bike.

Dude came in like a boss doing a wheelie across the parking lot at my work. Tossed in a chainring just for that. :rofl:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So we've been living in this town for 16 years, and technically the wife grew up here so she has been here for a good 35 years. We just recently learned (like within the past few weeks) that there are bike trails strewn all throughout town in the woods, under the power lines, along the rivers, etc. We're fixing to go do some exploring in about an hour. Dirt singletrack trails, not paved rail trail. This should be fun. Hopefully we'll see some bears. They are all over the place in this town.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So we've been living in this town for 16 years, and technically the wife grew up here so she has been here for a good 35 years. We just recently learned (like within the past few weeks) that there are bike trails strewn all throughout town in the woods, under the power lines, along the rivers, etc. We're fixing to go do some exploring in about an hour. Dirt singletrack trails, not paved rail trail. This should be fun. Hopefully we'll see some bears. They are all over the place in this town.
download.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
trailforks app.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Made breakfast and taco supplies for later. Had night sweats last night. Now I’m sluggish again. Been eating some “low sugar” peanut butter on English Muffins when I come home at 5:30 am. Can’t even handle that tiny amount of sugar. I fear that I am going to end up a full blown diabetic who has to take insulin. 12 years without a drop of alcohol and it will probably be sugar that kills me. Yay...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Made breakfast and taco supplies for later. Had night sweats last night. Now I’m sluggish again. Been eating some “low sugar” peanut butter on English Muffins when I come home at 5:30 am. Can’t even handle that tiny amount of sugar. I fear that I am going to end up a full blown diabetic who has to take insulin. 12 years without a drop of alcohol and it will probably be sugar that kills me. Yay...
You'd probably be a great candidate for a continuous glucose monitor. You should poke around and see if your insurance will cover it/PCP will write for it. I recommend the Dexcom G6 system but skip the receiver--use your phone instead. If insurance doesn't cover it then Costco Pharmacy has it for a discount, and I could call that prescription in for you. PM me if interested.