Quantcast

### TUrdsday gee em tee###

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You'd probably be a great candidate for a continuous glucose monitor. You should poke around and see if your insurance will cover it/PCP will write for it. I recommend the Dexcom G6 system but skip the receiver--use your phone instead. If insurance doesn't cover it then Costco Pharmacy has it for a discount, and I could call that prescription in for you. PM me if interested.
Thanks Doc. I’ll look into that. Several years ago I routinely checked my blood sugar with the finger prick type monitor.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks Doc. I’ll look into that. Several years ago I routinely checked my blood sugar with the finger prick type monitor.
It's so much more informative. No finger pricks, sensor stays in for 10 days at a stretch (I think Freestyle Libre might be up to 14 but less often reported and a bit less accurate). The period of 2-6 hours after a meal is just as important as the 1 or 2 hour single time point after it.

My wife has been wearing the setup I initially got for myself and it's been illuminating wrt her response to carbs. She stays high overnight with them, something that'd be totally lost otherwise.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Helped a friend buying a used bike as gift for her boyfriend. She is fit but a beginner for technical riding, her BF a total newb. She has an old XC hardtail, now she bought him a trail hardtail with 130 mm fork and relaxed angles. After she test rode it I am not so sure that he will end up getting the bike. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
contemplating taking in the harvest moon from the bottom of the black canyon of the gunnison....

if i can get this butt pee under control....

and if it is open....

montrose is pretty cool...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Somebody sent me a new fork. Its a Ritchey with exactly the right length of Steerer tube and threaded. The cane creek headset I destroyed needs a new race however. I should get that tomorrow. Sold my Campy kits for $400 each. Since I won't need them anymore after tomorrow. MB3 is back online. I missed it....