Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys. Last night's ride was a bit brutal. LOTS of climbing, too many mosquitos and a slightly out of control descent follow by chips & beer with the guys at the trail head. It was Ranger's first bike ride with the group and he did great. Ditched me about a mile in and caught the fast guy group...ran with them until they split and the group he was with headed down so he ran back up the mountain to find the others and followed them down. He didn't want to stop! Time for coffee...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Up too late, slept like shit to top it off. Managed to wrangle up my brother and his girl for a couple brews and surprise trivia night. We did shockingly well.

Back to the salt pit. Is this week over yet?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I guess I can go to work. Haven't been in yet this week.

Coffee, stat.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I've had a couple of eventful days...

Tuesday night I had my off-road triathlon. It rained like hell up until race time, which made for wet, muddy, slippery trails. The rain held off from the start of the race until one mile left in the race, then it poured again. Good times. I was a minute slower than last week but happy with that considering the conditions. What a messy race.

Yesterday I had two wisdom teeth removed and spent the rest of the day sitting on the couch, spitting up blood, and packing gauze in my mouth. My god the blood. Why was there so much blood! :dead:

So with my stomach being full of blood and drugs, I woke up this morning with stomach rot. I still dragged myself to the gym for 60 minutes of fast running on the treadmill, and now I'm at work with a sore face and angry stomach. I popped a prescription ibuprofen, but I'll hold off on the vicodin until I get home.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
prescription ibuprofen
Say what? If it's for 800 mg you know you can just take 4 of the 200 mg OTC ones.

I just called and made myself a doctor's appointment. A week of productive cough merits this.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Riding intervals this morning just to do something different. Got stung by a bee in the arm during the ride. Felt something and what looked like a semi crushed bee was sitting on my arm. Luckily the stinger did not stay in the skin. Fun with nature.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Maybe i'll assemble my new-to-me drivetrain tonight . . . maybe I won't.

I think I'll go in search of the source of the drilling above my office today. It's effing ridiculous.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
anyone know what crater lake is like the last two weeks in september?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Smoke and heat! Too smokey to ride, I'll have to eat donut peaches instead.
My brother just got back from Wenatchee. Says teh fire is really hurting some folks. One warehouse he went to lost 4.5 million dollars in fruit, doesn't even count the cost of the building and equipment, and that was just 1 of 4 commercial buildings he was there to look at.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Should be nice. Fall conditions in effect. Could get snow depending on how wet/cold the winter shapes up to be.
vegas to norcal to oregon back to norcal back to oregon down to yosemite to socal to vegas.....hmmm

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It's Thursday. Still opting for Whistler tomorrow was the last I heard from the guys. For some reason I am losing my stoke this morning.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the call that was to happen Tuesday got postponed until yesterday to then get moved to today. I have a call at 9, then another tonight at 9. Should be an interesting day. Otherwise I might have to hit the bricks, I hate looking for yobs. I should play the loto.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fun ride last night, but my buddy had a scary collision with another rider. No one was seriously hurt but from where I was behind him it looked like it could have been pretty nasty.

Good reminder to check your speed around blind corners :bonk:

It's Thursday. Still opting for Whistler tomorrow was the last I heard from the guys. For some reason I am losing my stoke this morning.
Don't let the stoke die!!

Here perhaps this video of someone crashing on an e-bike will help

https://www.facebook.com/brendan.fairclough/videos/752578908185140/

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fun ride last night, but my buddy had a scary collision with another rider. No one was seriously hurt but from where I was behind him it looked like it could have been pretty nasty.

Don't let the stoke die!!

Here perhaps this video of someone crashing on an e-bike will help

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/brendan.fairclough/videos/752578908185140/"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/brendan.fairclough/videos/752578908185140/"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/brendan.fairclough/videos/752578908185140/"></a><p>Huge Ebike high side!! Shredding with Shaperideshoot</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/brendan.fairclough">Brendan Fairclough</a> on Tuesday, July 7, 2015</blockquote></div></div>
I'm just quoting that for posterity sake.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
This collision talk reminds me that some dude in a Prius decided to turn left in front of me while headed home from work yesterday, where there was no room at all for him to turn. I was in the LEAF instead of on the bike, so got into the ABS hard and avoided a collision by perhaps 5 feet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Indeed. I learned this back in 1994. Sent a guy into a ravine 'cause I was coming 'round a blind corner too hot. I'm very cautious ever since...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Indeed. I learned this back in 1994. Sent a guy into a ravine 'cause I was coming 'round a blind corner too hot. I'm very cautious ever since...
I'm more scared of the fallen trees that occasionally appear or the giant cows that stand in the middle of the trail than people but I've had enough close calls to get off the gas when I can't see ahead of me.

This spot was just a weird situation where the "uphill rider" was coming off a short down grade and we (the "downhill riders") were coasting along a relatively flat portion. It was mostly the other dudes fault as he was coming in hot to keep momentum for the next hill. My homie managed to skid almost to a stop and the other dude hit him.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
anyone know what crater lake is like the last two weeks in september?
Boring as fuck. Went there last year. one trail down to the lake where you can only walk a short distance or take the one boat ride allowed to the cone in the middle of the lake. Other than that you can walk around the rim with the minions from the tour bus. Smokey as hell from the fires last year

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My brother just got back from Wenatchee. Says teh fire is really hurting some folks. One warehouse he went to lost 4.5 million dollars in fruit, doesn't even count the cost of the building and equipment, and that was just 1 of 4 commercial buildings he was there to look at.
Damn he must be talking about bluebirds cherries. All that cherry stuff was brand spanking new I heard. Going to be an Insurance battle for that mess! That was one destructive fire.

Lesson of the day. Unstable homeless carpenters are unstable and should be avoided.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Damn he must be talking about bluebirds cherries. All that cherry stuff was brand spanking new I heard. Going to be an Insurance battle for that mess! That was one destructive fire.

Lesson of the day. Unstable homeless carpenters are unstable and should be avoided.
He didn't say specifically. The fact that he was there at all means the financially vested parties are already beginning to squabble. He did mention that their had been a guy letting the world know that "I burned this motherfucker down, fuck them bitches". Crazies gonna crazy I guess.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Hmm I guess I just purchased this
Approve. I will now stop giving you shit about your rear axle weight rating. :D

I went to family medicine clinic this afternoon. Got the chest radiographs I wanted--I don't have pneumonia. Bronchitis of some flavor, with a Rx for a Z-Pack if I don't perk up in a day or two (it's already been a week).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well, my call couldn't have gone much better. I still have one tonight at 9, but I think I have 4 votes going into it so I feel pretty good.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Boring as fuck. Went there last year. one trail down to the lake where you can only walk a short distance or take the one boat ride allowed to the cone in the middle of the lake. Other than that you can walk around the rim with the minions from the tour bus. Smokey as hell from the fires last year

you could have hiked mount scott...