stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and bike related...cable routing

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sunny start to the morning. More of a spring feel. Next week looks like cooler temps and a lot of dry weather. So should be able to hit the trails again. Going out of a dinner paid for by Salesforce later.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Craptastic sleep last night.
Just downloaded 6400 pages of workshop manual for a job tomorrow, Dog bless Control+F:clue:
Have to wear a long sleeved shirt and long pants tomorrow, it's bullshit, nobody's getting married.
Fun.
PXL_20230202_102721028~2.jpg

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Today is "team in office day". Yesterday was mistake day of running after doing squats on Tue so today I am destroyed.

Also stepped in my cats puke in the morning. So not the best start.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Why the shit is Steve starting the GMT at 3:00 AM? Good God, man!

Anyway, I slept in and will spin the kickr in a bit. I've got an appointment with my PT guy today because my left hip and lower back are fucking killing me. Hurts too much to run, but it's fine for swimming and pedaling.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
A nothing like finding a pile of dog shit by the front door first thing in the morning. Sort of like my run sheet today. 12 wheelchair transports in a row. At least only 2 of them are over 250 pounds. The rest are little old ladies.

Time for espresso

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Craptastic sleep last night.
Just downloaded 6400 pages of workshop manual for a job tomorrow, Dog bless Control+F:clue:
Have to wear a long sleeved shirt and long pants tomorrow, it's bullshit, nobody's getting married.
Fun.
View attachment 188659
FAP sensor eh?

Do you have to fap at work to test it?
That's got to be tough if you have to do multiple re-tests in a short period of time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Cold out.

Girlfriend and her mother are here at the house now.

I need to go pickup my car and hope for some positive news.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's clear and 26 freedoms outside. I am going to play 9 holes of golf with a friend who also just got dropped (Intel). It's been an ugly couple weeks around here, that's for sure.

He is paid through March (he's been off since the new year) then his 6 months severance package kicks in. He was there a year, fuck me. I got 2 weeks pay for my 2 years and I get to keep my bonus. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning Monkeys.

It's clear and 26 freedoms outside. I am going to play 9 holes of golf with a friend who also just got dropped (Intel). It's been an ugly couple weeks around here, that's for sure.

He is paid through March (he's been off since the new year) then his 6 months severance package kicks in. He was there a year, fuck me. I got 2 weeks pay for my 2 years and I get to keep my bonus. :rofl:
Golfing in 26 degrees. Brrr. I can still feel the vibrations from a bladed Top Flite running through my forearms.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FAP sensor eh?

Do you have to fap at work to test it?
That's got to be tough if you have to do multiple re-tests in a short period of time.
proper choice of lube is crucial in such intensive applications

in other news, I maxed out my RTI at preschool dropoff. again. because it amuses me and the kid. :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
proper choice of lube is crucial in such intensive applications

in other news, I maxed out my RTI at preschool dropoff. again. because it amuses me and the kid. :D

I am jelly of the car. Not that with PL gas prices it would make any sense for me to own it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the car back, its not looking great. Definitely need to find a new car.

Everything is pointing to either an internal problem or something is wrong with the VVT-i system, causing oil to be dumped back into into the engine and bypassing the oil pressure switch.

Either way, not worth further diagnosis and having to open the engine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Everything is pointing to either an internal problem or something is wrong with the VVT-i system, causing oil to be dumped back into into the engine and bypassing the oil pressure switch.

Park it in @mandown 's neighborhood

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

I guess not worth putting any amount of money into it?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I guess not worth putting any amount of money into it?
Not really, it has 335000km on it or somewhere around there.

It also has a cracked windshield (insurance can replace, I guess) and its on the original clutch, which has slipped a few times in the past, so its days are numbered as well.

It'll also need brakes this summer, should I keep it.

It'd suck to pay for them to open it up, discover that the bearing clearances are out of wack and causing the issue - basically tossing money out the door. Looking at a new engine at that point.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Not really, it has 335000km on it or somewhere around there.

It also has a cracked windshield (insurance can replace, I guess) and its on the original clutch, which has slipped a few times in the past, so its days are numbered as well.

It'll also need brakes this summer, should I keep it.

It'd suck to pay for them to open it up, discover that the bearing clearances are out of wack and causing the issue - basically tossing money out the door. Looking at a new engine at that point.
At 335kkm I'd let it go. Unless body is pristine.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd have them pop a remanufactured engine in it. Run it for another 150k km.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Cleaning people that Wifey can't seem to fire are here again today. Up late studying again last night. Practice test and test sat/sun. Still have whole module to do before I can take them. Finally got rescheduled to meet with Dr about the ADHD.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
he's in the Midwest(heh).
That hurts bro :cray:The body is actually rust free, somehow. The underbody though is rusty, as you'd expect with a car from 2007 from around here.

It's just a very bad time to buy! as you know.

Just sayin' what I'd do.
You're right, its not the best time. I just can't see how it would be worth tossing a few grand at the car, when I know its lifetime is limited.

The VW Golf Sportwagens that I've found don't seem to be too bad of a deal, better than looking at any Toyota or similar car (for good reason, probably). They seem to range from $25-28k Canadian with mileage around 40000 miles. These are 4motion trim levels as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You're right, its not the best time. I just can't see how it would be worth tossing a few grand at the car, when I know its lifetime is limited.

The VW Golf Sportwagens that I've found don't seem to be too bad of a deal, better than looking at any Toyota or similar car (for good reason, probably). They seem to range from $25-28k Canadian with mileage around 40000 miles. These are 4motion trim levels as well.
The VW is going to cost you a few thousand over the next few years effectively as well. But it's also going to be more to insure, finance costs, etc. etc.

On the other hand, if you have a desire for VW ownership and that outweighs rational decisions (which I get--see my swim spa on deck saga :D) then that's that.