Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Coyote tried to assault my chickens just now. Not on my watch. My little kiddo is worried the coyote has puppies. I get it kiddo... I may have to go the snare route like @gonefirefightin suggested. I'm afraid to find out how many of my neighbors dogs run the game trails around my yard though.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
5-8" of moist heavy snow forecast today.

FTS¹¹ᵗʸ ᵇᶦˡˡᶦᵒⁿᵗʸ

IMG_20230413_114427480_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Hoping to hit the park road one more time on Sunday after this sheisse melts off for a second bite of the apple but my trip to Southeast Utah in 2 weeks can't come soon enough...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think I've come to the realization that I have perhaps been subconsciously quiet quitting over the last little bit.

Or maybe I'm being quiet fired? Either way, and I know its just a job, I've been here for almost 10 years so even just a hello or a hey whats up from the leadership would be nice and appreciated.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I've come to the realization that I have perhaps been subconsciously quiet quitting over the last little bit.

Or maybe I'm being quiet fired? Either way, and I know its just a job, I've been here for almost 10 years so even just a hello or a hey whats up from the leadership would be nice and appreciated.
I'm not exactly quiet quitting, but from my wife's experience with her last fulltime job coming to an end I know how much it took out of her being cut out. From my side, I'm responsible for overseeing 20ish people who maintain a system which is pretty solid on the reliability scale. So if nothing is breaking it's tough to find things to do for everyone, including myself.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
And the Small Business Administration FINALLY cleared a fraudulent loan from my name after years of protest and emails and phone calls.
So do you have to return all the bass guitars you bought with the funds now? :p

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jeez that sucks. Fucking assholes that think they're special and that rules don't apply to them.
I know not always feasible but...

@mykel can attest, we used to have a big hiker problem at the local DH lift hill. We'd find them having picnics in the rocks.

I always told myself and friends to just run them over if they get in the way. It's not worth sending yourself to the hospital over, trying to dodge them. Even then, I know you'd most likely still eat shit plowing through them...

But yeah what the heck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I posted complaining a couple of weekends ago that while riding in the park right near my house, every single section of trail designated bike DH only for that day had hikers on it. Despite the big STOP signs on the gates that you have to pass through to get onto those sections.

The Sluice is only ever a bike trail and wouldn't be remotely fun to try and hike up...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
On our few directional, DH trails?
Elbows out from now on.

6th lives at the top of one of the more contentious local downhills that has directional days. He deals with this more than anybody, I'm sure.

That trail where the incident occurred? That would not even be a good hike.

edit: what he said ^^^^

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
$2000 later and my car has new brakes, tie rods on rear links, and fresh oil. Wasn't expecting that. I guess I know where my tax return is going. (Not a new bike for the boy)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The hikers called 911 then left.

Hopefully they're IDed through the GoPro footage and charged. Assholes.
On a modern cell phone calling 911 pretty much gives the model of phone and a whole bunch of other info above and beyond the older info of just phone number and cell tower triangulated location.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

@mykel can attest, we used to have a big hiker problem at the local DH lift hill. We'd find them having picnics in the rocks.

I always told myself and friends to just run them over if they get in the way. It's not worth sending yourself to the hospital over, trying to dodge them. Even then, I know you'd most likely still eat shit plowing through them...

But yeah what the heck.
Can confirm.
Came around a blind corner just to lay the bike down and slide to a dusty stop just in front of a family hiking up a black diamond trail. Then they proceed to aggressively chew me out about riding out of control on hiking trails and almost killing their progeny. Apparently I was going to be reported. I tuned them up pretty good myself,and asked them if all of the hiking trails they walk had tire ruts like they were stand on or large bermed corners like the one I just slid through? Fucking entitled morons. This was not the only time I have had an interesting meeting with hiking folk on the DH trails. Swore to myself that was the last time and the next time was to rock back into a manual and so sorry. Then they booted us riders and closed the DH trails to make more on suckers paying 20.00 a person to ride to the top of the escarpment. Never got to try out my new strategy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

But yeah what the heck.
i've had a couple instances of coming across hikers on the DH trails at my local bike park. thankfully it was at the very top of the trail. there is a small bike patrol at the mountain and i always make sure to report it.