Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Already getting there. Wifey is very emotional about it. There be friction.

It's tough trying to get my daughter to give her more affection and not immediately call for Daddy any time she gets upset. Not like I'm always the fun one who never enacts discipline, I guess I'm just more gentle about.
Sq-Earl is the girls favorite. I am ok with that. I am their mother not their friend...I have rules and expectations. He pretty much lets them do whatever they want lol.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sq-Earl is the girls favorite. I am ok with that. I am their mother not their friend...I have rules and expectations. He pretty much lets them do whatever they want lol.
my kids like me more. i take them biking and climbing and play video games with them, etc. also teaching them how to snorkel. and i drove the boat on vacation.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Can you have too many choices?

PXL_20230706_155421537.jpg

The Snikerdoole is crap, but the banana bread is surprisingly good. Grape is totally my new favorite, though.

HBD @stevew!

In December I took the Moonlander to local bike shop A for annual maintenance, came back shifting funky.

A few weeks ago, I did two rounds with local bike shop B, funky shifting continued. Decided rear shifter might be worn, they ordered another.

Got the new shifter, it was a 10 speed rather than a 9 speed. Shop B said it should work. I installed it, it didn't, so I ordered a nine speed shifter from Universal Cycles, which arrived two days early...

Installed it this morning, still not shifting correctly. Checked funky looking chain, 100% worn, decided to remove and examine cassette, just ordered another from shop B.

Probably going to replace the small ring in the front while I'm at it...

Eventually I'll have my work bike back.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude - that's not even real food. Find a local bakery that makes pop tarts from scratch. :drool:
There is one near by but one a day would be expensive. These are more that sufficient. The Boston Cream is also banging. The gingerbread is meh.

They also don't accept tips because the employees are appropriately paid.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to keep the pop tarts in the box because there is no identifying marks on the foil pouch, so it's anyone's guess.

PXL_20230706_165814899.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
HBD @stevew!

In December I took the Moonlander to local bike shop A for annual maintenance, came back shifting funky.

A few weeks ago, I did two rounds with local bike shop B, funky shifting continued. Decided rear shifter might be worn, they ordered another.

Got the new shifter, it was a 10 speed rather than a 9 speed. Shop B said it should work. I installed it, it didn't, so I ordered a nine speed shifter from Universal Cycles, which arrived two days early...

Installed it this morning, still not shifting correctly. Checked funky looking chain, 100% worn, decided to remove and examine cassette, just ordered another from shop B.

Probably going to replace the small ring in the front while I'm at it...

Eventually I'll have my work bike back.
Derailleur hanger isn't bent, is it?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So thanks to @Toshi I am looking to schedule my first sailing class with the Portland Sailing club. While not cheap, it's also not outrageous. For $250 a month I have access to quite a few boats once certified. The idea of buying, transporting, and storing a boat doesn't appeal to me. But if I can low cost rent, this might work.

Classes are between $450-$650, three different levels, very interesting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So thanks to @Toshi I am looking to schedule my first sailing class with the Portland Sailing club. While not cheap, it's also not outrageous. For $250 a month I have access to quite a few boats once certified. The idea of buying, transporting, and storing a boat doesn't appeal to me. But if I can low cost rent, this might work.

From Here Forth, you shall be Captain Jimmy!

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
22 months. She has definitely entered the emotional phase, so that's not helping.
who has entered the emotional phase? :D

HBD Steve-bro

/me has schlepped kids 2 and 3 to day camp, pelotoned a bit, acoustic biked to the local Raising Cane’s to try it out (tasty!), then sprayed a bunch of weeds with mah new overkill sprayer

next up is a 4-10 pm shift from home, where I’ll also cram in drafting “4 hours” worth of outpatient cases to sign in small batches after 10 pm and before 8 am tomorrow for extra $$$.

IMG_1254.jpeg
IMG_9662.jpeg
IMG_9666.jpeg

Last edited: