Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Don't care what happens, not leaving the house again today. Pulled a hamstring, better feel better tomorrow. I'm supposed to be flying on a riding holiday next week :/
20240314_173225.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wife called me up claiming that the door stopper was broke and I must have slammed the door and bent it. she totally went off. I picked up a new one on the way home. I get there and the rubber bumper was worn out. she shut up after showed her the 2 side by side. women will drive you nuts20240314_192531.jpg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
women will drive you nuts
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out the front of his pants

The bartender looks at him and asks, "Hey, you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of the front of your pants?"

Pirate looks at him and says, "Argh it's driving me nuts"

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out the front of his pants

The bartender looks at him and asks, "Hey, you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of the front of your pants?"

Pirate looks at him and says, "Argh it's driving me nuts"
Me: A metalsmith and a combat vet walk into a bar.

Vet Friend: Whut ?

Me: Yup, that's the punchline.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Got my ears cleaned by a ENT PA this afternoon. He took out a massive blob of wax from one ear, said the other was even worse and had to break out the micro shop vac to get after it. Also showed me how ear hair was acting as rebar to the wax making removal difficult. @Toshi The whole procedure was done under a microscope and camera. There were monitors on either side of the dentist style recliner that you could watch the show. But holly fucking Hell who would want to ? So damn uncomfortable and creepy. Ears feel a lot better so it was worth it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Got my ears cleaned by a ENT PA this afternoon. He took out a massive blob of wax from one ear, said the other was even worse and had to break out the micro shop vac to get after it. Also showed me how ear hair was acting as rebar to the wax making removal difficult. @Toshi The whole procedure was done under a microscope and camera. There were monitors on either side of the dentist style recliner that you could watch the show. But holly fucking Hell who would want to ? So damn uncomfortable and creepy. Ears feel a lot better so it was worth it.
had the micro vacuum done to my left ear recently. had a giant blob of wax removed that had been trapping water in there for years. weird stuff, eh?

yet despite that, and concussion symptoms abating, tinnitus persists. only really notice it when there's no other ambient noise. and can still hear fine. so carry on, i guess?

kids off school tomorrow, so i be sleeping in.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In Hawaii one year got water behind a clump of earwax. PA at the doc in the box used basically a waterpik to get it out

so I bought myself a waterpik for home

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
In Hawaii one year got water behind a clump of earwax. PA at the doc in the box used basically a waterpik to get it out

so I bought myself a waterpik for home
This PA used a tiny speculum with a camera probe thingy. Uncomfortable as hell. On the monitors my ear canals with all the hair and wax looked like a forest in a horror movie. You would have loved it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hydrogen peroxide will dissolve) soften ear wax. Used to have problems with trail dust getting in the ears, stimulating the production of wax and mixing with it making ear concrete. A few drops while laying on my side would help clean it up.

Occasionally I would have a ball of hardened wax just fall about if my ear at fun times like in a meeting.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Hydrogen peroxide will dissolve) soften ear wax. Used to have problems with trail dust getting in the ears, stimulating the production of wax and mixing with it making ear concrete. A few drops while laying on my side would help clean it up.

Occasionally I would have a ball of hardened wax just fall about if my ear at fun times like in a meeting.
Yeah, he mentioned hydrogen peroxide. Will probably be doing that in the future. I really did not like having multiple objects inserted into my ears.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My mom has a story where she had a ball of wax fall out of her ear while riding the Tokyo subway as a teen. She was mortified