Quantcast

)))Turdsday GMT(((

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Snowing out my window as I sip some coffee to start my day. I've earned it today. I went to the office to put a few things in mailboxes and ended up the Walmart greeter for a bunch of crying kindergartners. They apparently like me because they all gave me hugs and I walked them to class -- no more tears. Note to self: don't go to mailboxes in the AM.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Dry wall saga continues. Once again, I bow down to those fine professionals who do this for a living. Back at it again tonight.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
lack of sleep caught up with me yesterday.....slept off and on from 4 yesterday afternoon until 9 this morning....no dinner.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Damn - 1200 vertical? That's not too shabby...

Ooh! And I see double-blacks down the front side. Nice! :brows:
New York double black diamonds just mean that the trail is a little steep and they don't want beginners going down it. It's totally different than West Coast double blacks. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
they're rated as difficult because they are frequently sheets of ice.
Grew up skiing in NY. My first time in powder I got a little bored, just not as much excitement when you can actually control your descent. Nothing like losing 500ft of vert executing one turn.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
New York double black diamonds just mean that the trail is a little steep and they don't want beginners going down it. It's totally different than West Coast double blacks. :rofl:
My sister heads up to Bohemia at least once per season - and my gripe with that ski area is that they give people a false sense of what the ratings mean (triple diamonds? Please...)

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My sister heads up to Bohemia at least once per season - and my gripe with that ski area is that they give people a false sense of what the ratings mean (triple diamonds? Please...)
Yeah, when someone tells me that they've skied a double black diamond then my first question is always "where?".

Ice does suck but that's why you just need to make sure you keep your skis fairly sharp just in case.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Afternoon! I had to fire a guy today. Still very cold outside. I am considering another cold night ride, last night was freezing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am working today. This weekend I plan to test drive two vehicles, a Nissan TBD and a Ford Transit Connect, in order to get $75.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is it Friday yet?
Toshi - is $75 worth losing hours of your weekend in a Transit Connect? :dead: Pay someone $75 to shuttle you in a Transit instead! :weee:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Is it Friday yet?
Toshi - is $75 worth losing hours of your weekend in a Transit Connect? :dead: Pay someone $75 to shuttle you in a Transit instead! :weee:
I like wasting dealers' time, especially when they pay me. The kid wants to go, too, and she decreed that she wanted my wife to come as well.