Quantcast

***Turdsday GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last day of work before DH/Trail weekend.
Trying to find coverage for kids/dogs sunday so I don't have to rush home when wife heads to NYC for funeral.
She insisted I not cancel the trip, a good woman that one.

While drowning this weeks sorrows with mai-tais last night we had a heart-breaking, random interaction with some syrian refugees.
A man and his 9yo son walked in the restaurant with what turned out to be an aid-worker.
The boy had no arms and was in town for treatment at Mass General.
He was injured in a cluster bomb attack that also killed his 3 siblings.
The sorrow in his fathers eyes was profound but they both had such kind smiles while we tried to communicate with them.

The boy was excited to see his best friend who was coming into town today.
He showed us a picture of them both, pre bombing, playing.
His friend lost both legs and his entire family in the same attack.

Needless to say, life is in perspective this morning.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO FFS! Waiting anxiously for the bike shop to tell me my new tri bike is ready for pickup. Hoping I can pick it up Saturday. werd

Got an 11 mile run to tackle after work.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Lower back has officially melted, signaling an official (and decidedly painful) arrival to late-middle age. If anyone has a couple syringes full of cortisone, please PM me. Will trade bike, child, wife, dog...whatever, just name your price.

And tramadol is such a disappointment. Despite the persistent warnings on the bottle, maybe it does actually work better with alcohol.

But hey, I managed to make it onto and off of the poop bowl without assistance this morning, so all is not lost.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The sun is getting awfully low on the eastward legs of my ride into work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
amazed at some of the abandoned houses for sale at the base of the mountains on 395 in cali.....susansville is nice.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have been feeling like my life has been shit lately, and it has been. But damn, there are really some people in the world who have it way worse.
I just need some perspective I guess.

Last day of work before DH/Trail weekend.
Trying to find coverage for kids/dogs sunday so I don't have to rush home when wife heads to NYC for funeral.
She insisted I not cancel the trip, a good woman that one.

While drowning this weeks sorrows with mai-tais last night we had a heart-breaking, random interaction with some syrian refugees.
A man and his 9yo son walked in the restaurant with what turned out to be an aid-worker.
The boy had no arms and was in town for treatment at Mass General.
He was injured in a cluster bomb attack that also killed his 3 siblings.
The sorrow in his fathers eyes was profound but they both had such kind smiles while we tried to communicate with them.

The boy was excited to see his best friend who was coming into town today.
He showed us a picture of them both, pre bombing, playing.
His friend lost both legs and his entire family in the same attack.

Needless to say, life is in perspective this morning.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Heckled peeps at the cyclocross race last night then went for beers with some friends. Just another night in paradise. I'm working on some seriously confusing stuff today. Makes my head hurt. Pension calculations....blah blah blah.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Lower back has officially melted, signaling an official (and decidedly painful) arrival to late-middle age. If anyone has a couple syringes full of cortisone, please PM me. Will trade bike, child, wife, dog...whatever, just name your price.

And tramadol is such a disappointment. Despite the persistent warnings on the bottle, maybe it does actually work better with alcohol.

But hey, I managed to make it onto and off of the poop bowl without assistance this morning, so all is not lost.
Lower back pain is the suck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh. The week of hell continues. Was at work until 8pm last night. Decided that I would go to work late this morning. NOPE. Got woken up by phone calls from work. Turns out a switch failed.

I need sleep.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
so apply an instagram filter?
Yeah, I think a Valencia filter would add a faux retro feel for the hipsters, and allow JBP to wax nostalgically about dating flappers and sneaking wood grain hooch into silent movies. On the downside, Stevew's eyes may melt.

And rather than making RM bike jerseys, maybe we could make RM labeled girls jeans (ideal for lounging at the local coffee shop in the middle of the day) and recycle bearing races for ear gages.

EDIT - I hereby strongly advocate *thoroughly* washing one's hands after slathering your back with Aspercream before you take a piss. #invigorating

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2015
Welcome!

Does your back hurt too? If so you'll fit right in with the rest of the crew. #oldandcreaky #iwearmysepiaglassesatnight
Thanks.

My back is okay, but my neck is incredibly stiff and painful right now as a result of a spectacular OTB/scorpion crash over the weekend. First major crash in quite some time, but it was a doozy.

We need moar boobs.
I brought my boobs. What now?