Quantcast

turdsday

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Y u no weed?? :shakefist:
Doesn’t make business sense yet. Or else I would. Neighbor planted 40 acres of CBD last year. The clone plants are very expensive and labor intensive to plant on a large scale, and the cbd companies are ran by folks with as much business sense as a toddler. Coming up on a year from when he planted it and has yet to receive payment for the crop delivered on contract last August. Hemp fiber is easier to grow but the market sucks. A lot of carbon companies would purchase it if they could but there isn’t enough raised yet to have a sustained market demand. It is coming, just not yet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Doesn’t make business sense yet. Or else I would. Neighbor planted 40 acres of CBD last year. The clone plants are very expensive and labor intensive to plant on a large scale, and the cbd companies are ran by folks with as much business sense as a toddler. Coming up on a year from when he planted it and has yet to receive payment for the crop delivered on contract last August. Hemp fiber is easier to grow but the market sucks. A lot of carbon companies would purchase it if they could but there isn’t enough raised yet to have a sustained market demand. It is coming, just not yet.
I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion. :disgust:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Massage was OK, technically good but low score for flow and ‘process’/‘storytelling’. Also synthetic sheets. Yuk.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
what rims are you using?
NOBL TR37 laced to Chris King hubs. The rim that I cracked last night has only been on the bike a month, and is a warranty replacement for the exact same rim I broke last fall... which had only been on the bike about a month and a half. Either these things are not as advertised ("ultimate modern trail rim") or I'm too fat and too fast. Or maybe both? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed. I've done dozens of full-speed laps down the Apex gut on rims of all widths and sizes, with all manner of different tires at all sorts of different air pressures, with and without inserts... and haven't ever broken one until these crabon ones.

She was a nice lady, but eww no thanks. I have definitely had massages where I’ve had to think hard about sandwiches but that wasn’t one of them.
Great, now I'm hungry for sandwiches.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
QFT — I will not continue to have these rims on my bike. Probably done with crabon rims altogether.

They advertise lifetime warranty, which I've already taken advantage of once. Assuming they warranty the warranty replacement rim, I'll sell them to someone with less mass and/or speed. The only debate is sell just the rims and keep the hubs to build up some proper metal time on, or build up the second replacement crabon hoop and sell the wheelset. I've always wanted CK hubs, since the 90s. This was my first set, kinda wanna keep them. But also, how difficult would it be to sell just a pair of crabon hoops, one of which is used?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sell the whole wheelset.

Get the Chris Kings. Like with my Land Cruiser, fulfilling long-held desires is important.

:)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sell the whole wheelset.

Get the Chris Kings. Like with my Land Cruiser, fulfilling long-held desires is important.

:)
I mean... I have now technically owned a pair of CK hubs, so it's kinda been fulfilled. I do kinda want to keep these Chris Kings. They're red, and they're 6-bolt which for whatever reason I like mo'better than centerlock and rumour is CK is discontinuing 6-bolt hubs. But also the DT Swiss that came with the bike are great hubs and have never done me wrong, and the EX511 rims have been pretty bomb proof even with only 28 spokes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sucks they've been so cracky underneath you.

TBH I thought you'd made the rear rim square with that hit on Rockstacker on Saturday.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sucks they've been so cracky underneath you.

TBH I thought you'd made the rear rim square with that hit on Rockstacker on Saturday.
I was thinking about that hit... kinda wonder if that wasn't the start of it and then a hot lap chasing Teh Canadian™ down the Gut finished 'er off.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I mean... I have now technically owned a pair of CK hubs, so it's kinda been fulfilled. I do kinda want to keep these Chris Kings. They're red, and they're 6-bolt which for whatever reason I like mo'better than centerlock and rumour is CK is discontinuing 6-bolt hubs. But also the DT Swiss that came with the bike are great hubs and have never done me wrong, and the EX511 rims have been pretty bomb proof even with only 28 spokes.
I get the desirability of CK hubs. I mean, I bought my last bike in part because it would accept my CK hubs! What I like about them is how reliable and bombproof they are. And rebuildable. I haven't had to even think about hubs in the last 10 years. They just work. I used to destroy pawls on a frequent basis, so it's nice not to have to deal with that.

I agree with Toshi. See if you can acquire the hubs you want. If you can, then sell the wheelset whole. If not, keep your hubs and sell just the rims. There's bound to be plenty of people willing to buy a new and a lightly used NOBL rim...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don't. If I want reliable hubs: DT. If I want colorful fairly reliable hubs: Hope. If I want light hubs: Tune.
Totally agree WRT DT being reliable hubs... I've happily been running DT hubs for years and years on all manner of different bikes. Current hubs that came with the bike are DT, and they're great except one thing: they're straight pull. Which doesn't matter much until one needs to rebuild a wheel. Maybe they're stronger? I dunno. But I do not like the straight pull. Other than that, they're awesome, and they'll be going back on the bike as soon as I get home this weekend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Totally agree WRT DT being reliable hubs... I've happily been running DT hubs for years and years on all manner of different bikes. Current hubs that came with the bike are DT, and they're great except one thing: they're straight pull. Which doesn't matter much until one needs to rebuild a wheel. Maybe they're stronger? I dunno. But I do not like the straight pull. Other than that, they're awesome, and they'll be going back on the bike as soon as I get home this weekend.
Hadley for life.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't. If I want reliable hubs: DT. If I want colorful fairly reliable hubs: Hope. If I want light hubs: Tune.
If you want all three: CK!

But in all honesty, I've had issues with DT's star ratchet thingy getting gummed up and chipping. So have a few other buddies. I've also had chronic issues with exploding pawls. A few buddies have had issues with hope hubs too (though I can't remember what the problem was). All these are issues that are easily resolved, but they still a hassle to deal with. I've found CK to have the best performance and durability of any hub I've owned.