Quantcast

turdsday

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was thinking about that hit... kinda wonder if that wasn't the start of it and then a hot lap chasing Teh Canadian™ down the Gut finished 'er off.
Wouldn't surprise me.

The Nox I had on my last bike I heard a crack partway down an Apex descent but couldn't see anything. Found the crack about a week later after a few more rides.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
LOL, CK hubs might be many things, but not light!

View attachment 175723
View attachment 175724

Both 110 x 15 Boost. 55 g more for something that simple, great engineering. :rolleyes:
Am I sensing some CK-hate? Is CK seen as a douchey bike jewellery for poseurs? Kinda like Tesla?

Caus' whatever. They've pretty much been the most reliable part I've ever had on any bike I've ever owned... ymmv of course...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Am I sensing some CK-hate? Is CK seen as a douchey bike jewellery for poseurs? Kinda like Tesla?

Caus' whatever. They've pretty much been the most reliable part I've ever had on any bike I've ever owned... ymmv of course...
Nope. I like many things about them, environmental friendly production in the US and great products. However, if you argue performance, they are not the benchmark. Reliable yes, bike jewellery yes, best part for the job: no. Proprietery bearings and a 200 € tool for a full rebuild while being more expensive than other options and heavier as well. :no:
The ones I rode were also pretty draggy, which I think comes with well sealed hubs. So I am not holding that against them.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Nope. I like many things about them, environmental friendly production in the US and great products. However, if you argue performance, they are not the benchmark. Reliable yes, bike jewellery yes, best part for the job: no. Proprietery bearings and a 200 € tool for a full rebuild while being more expensive than other options and heavier as well. :no:
The ones I rode were also pretty draggy, which I think comes with well sealed hubs. So I am not holding that against them.
ah, ok, nevermind then! I haven't invested in the proprietary tool. I take them to my shop every 3 years or so for an overhaul. That part just blows my mind... which is why I'm very happy with them! Maybe I just need to ride more..