Quantcast

Turdsday

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took apart the 36 on teh trail bike last night and thoroughly cleaned it, removed damper, secus, and oil seals, it is ready for bushing burnishing and re-assembly with teh Avy-lanche cartridge + Luftkappe. Craig's instructions are a bit chaotic for my uneducated brain, the bleeding exercise is going to be interesting.

Side note: the Fox damper took some non-trivial persuasion to un-thread, gotta love the factory hamfisted assembly (TM) experience.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am here.

Slept well, little guy woke up once looking for water but didn't complain about his stomach or ankles, so that was good. He seems to be improving.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The thing about this waking up early bullshit. Is I don't need an alarm clock now. I have no qualms about waking up folks early also. Pay backs are a bitch. I thought I would stop being bitter about all those folks who have been waking up early all along. I have not. I drove to the pool at the JCC to do a few laps. There was like a thousand old people there. Trying to be like IAB and swimming a thousand laps. I ended up having eggs and salami in the cafeteria instead.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Follow up interview is Wednesday at 2:30 with the guy who used to do what would be my job. Not sure how to approach it seeing how he isn't a QA guy, he's a guy who used to try to do QA before they let him be a developer. His LinkedIn shows him as a C# developer, but the owner made it sound like everything they do is in low level C or C++, so who knows. The bulk of my recent experience is in C# but I'm no developer.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also got like 3" of snow last night, so likely everything will be shut down. Rain is no issue in the PNW, but snow straight freaks people out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
went through my fridge last night and made a bunch of juice. pineapple, blueberry, orange, and grape. work leaves out free fruit, nobody takes the oranges. i will now take the oranges and have free juice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Supposed to pickup the car today.

Call the place just to double check that its actually ready, as it is almost a two hour friggin' drive. Call them and they ask what time I'm supposed to pick it up at, so I tell them "Tuesday". Exactly what the guy told me on Friday. Of course I get put on hold and when they come back, they say that that guy isn't here until 10am. Ughhhh used car salespeople....

They said that guy gets in at 10 and he'll call me back. I aint waiting, I'm calling at 10:03, I have to get this shit on the road and avoid having to come home anywhere close to rush hour. I also have a tire appointment waiting, for them to swap over the winters, which I'd like to get done today because car insurance reasons.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
E-biked into work as snow isn't until this evening.

Tuesday == pancreatic cancer day as usual.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Happy hallmark Holliday day. Half inch of snow on the ground. Coffee is almost done then marching the kids to the bus stop.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
may your valentine beer be delivered with this much enthusiasm by your woman tonight...

Screenshot_20230214_014222_Instagram.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got a hankering to watch Caddyshack after getting into quoting the movie on facebook.

Thursday is shaping up to be a high of over 60*. Might have to dust off the real road bike for some fun.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Happy V-day everyone! When dropping off my kiddo, much insanity was witnessed. Glad I'm not a teacher today.

In other news, I've got a hankering for owning a 4x4 backhoe. Facebook marketplace is not my friend. Stop looking at facebook marketplace.

I've got the cash I was saving for my Ford Maverick purchase (ordered over 12 months ago). Still no pickup truck. It could be turned into a nice used backhoe easily.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Might have to dust off the real road bike for some fun.
Discovered a cut in the front sidewall on a GP 5000 TL at the weekend, took the old one off, new one is being a bitch and won't mount without 5 hands and 7 tyre levers. I hate this tyre and my LB carbon combination. Then I noticed the rear tyre was down past the wear indicators...

At least that will be the end of my stockpile of older GP 5000 TL's. I'm hoping the newer 5000 S TR's are easier to mount when the time comes...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Discovered a cut in the front sidewall on a GP 5000 TL at the weekend, took the old one off, new one is being a bitch and won't mount without 5 hands and 7 tyre levers. I hate this tyre and my LB carbon combination. Then I noticed the rear tyre was down past the wear indicators...

At least that will be the end of my stockpile of older GP 5000 TL's. I'm hoping the newer 5000 S TR's are easier to mount when the time comes...
My understanding was that the TR is mostly easier than the TL, though also maybe not. I opted for latex tubes because of that. They were easy to get on, inflated big and fat, and I guess if I'm real concerned I can throw some sealant in there as well.

Also I couldn't find the TR anywhere in stock.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
JFC. Two of idiots in my office decided that we needed to hire an ad agency. I’m not opposed, but there is a lot of shit out there. They chose one, paid them $5,000 for 3 ads. The first ad is a Fucking Chevrolet truck ad. I found the same image in Chevys website in about 10 seconds. Blatant copyright infringement. I honestly hope someone at the agency gets fired.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, understandably, our marriage is crumbling a little bit under the weight of grief. Not here to whine, but could use some advice. Any real thoughts on a good Valentines day offering that is not cheesy...more of a recognition of her as a partner more than a romantic gambit?
Bacon flavored lube?