Quantcast

turdsday

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My GTM thread got delete. I was sure I was there earlier. Mods sleep at the wheel?

Was about to but some nice used Dura Ace Di2 yesterday but sold - you snooze you loose.
I fat fingered the thread merge. Instead of thread, I selected "posts" and I do not know nor care how to rectify.

Also, you are still slow and bad- this thread is technically 4 minutes older than yours (4:26 vs. 4:29am)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Heh. That town has been under a state of emergency for a month, partially because they can't get gas and groceries because of that avalanche steve posted
Well ok then somewhat envy. I've been snowed in once and it sucked.

btw. I'm shit with geography and I know Cali is a huge state but does that area get water problems in the summer too like the rest of Cali?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well ok then somewhat envy. I've been snowed in once and it sucked.

btw. I'm shit with geography and I know Cali is a huge state but does that area get water problems in the summer too like the rest of Cali?
That's mammoth where the kamikaze and all that jazz is. They're on the east side of the mountain range and usually get enough snow that there's plenty of ground water. They do have a different water issue there with an expanding geothermal plant that's about to fuck up their local fresh water aquifer.

They still have a supply to the south but it's longer....they're not completely cut off.

Wheeew, thankfully all those Tesla drivers won’t have to worry about buying gas. . . :busted:
now when snow plows don't run

let me tell you what a heavy, low clearance tesla looks like in fresh snow....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's mammoth where the kamikaze and all that jazz is. They're on the east side of the mountain range and usually get enough snow that there's plenty of ground water. They do have a different water issue there with an expanding geothermal plant that's about to fuck up their local fresh water aquifer.

They still have a supply to the south but it's longer....they're not completely cut off.
Yeah I'm starting to think all schools should teach about the importance of proper aquifier care since we have some aquifer fuckery here too. Weirdly despite being a country with a lot of cloudy days our groundwater levels are comparable to... Egypt and people still abuse them...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Drizzle has given way to snow. Maybe an inch on the ground in town, more up high. Teh Spousal Unit™ is not amused, but I'm gonna attempt a dawn patrol ski mission up on the pass tomorrow.

#weathermonkey #skimonkey #whydontwehaveasnowsubforummonkey

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not in anyway trying to compete with snow volumes of other monkey posters.

The 4" of wet cement outside is stupid heavy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Three attempts at a walkin clinic...Jeez.

1st - place has no doctor, so no appointments obviously.

2nd - fully advertising as a walkin clinic. So I go in, ask for a mask, yadda yadda, and then ask so you're doing walkins right? Nope. Ughhhh.

3rd - place advertises as walk in clinic, but has no doctor, only a nurse practitioner on site. And because of this, it's not covered by the government....so yeah skipped that one.

4th - finally queued up. But damn there are a lot of people here....

Also had to go two towns over, as the town I live in has the place with out a doctor, the place with a nurse and the other clinics are straight up closed. Sucks if you don't have a car or can't afford to see that nurse....

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Three attempts at a walkin clinic...Jeez.

1st - place has no doctor, so no appointments obviously.

2nd - fully advertising as a walkin clinic. So I go in, ask for a mask, yadda yadda, and then ask so you're doing walkins right? Nope. Ughhhh.

3rd - place advertises as walk in clinic, but has no doctor, only a nurse practitioner on site. And because of this, it's not covered by the government....so yeah skipped that one.

4th - finally queued up. But damn there are a lot of people here....

Also had to go two towns over, as the town I love in has the place with out a doctor, the place with a nurse and the other clinics are straight up closed. Sucks if you don't have a car or can't afford to see that nurse....
are there no hospitals where you reside? this seems... not right?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
are there no hospitals where you reside? this seems... not right?!
There is a hospital but I'm just getting that mole bump thing on my head checked out, I want to get it removed. I think I'd be taking up resources doing that?

I'd goto my family doctor, but don't have one....because no doctors.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For whatever's sake, quit fucking around and go to the hospital.
The hospital won't do much, they'll most likely refer me to another doctor, which could take weeks/months.

The same thing will happen at this walkin clinic...except here I'm not getting in the way of people with real medical emergencies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well karting was spirited. Haley is within .5sec of Jr. track record after 3 races, all with traffic. :rofl: Also a bunch of very angry little boys wearing NASCAR clothing getting throttled by a cute girl in lavender yoga pants and a tank top. So yeah...

Edit:Thinking about it... This also means she's competitive, at least to some extent, nationally.

edit 2: for context to that edit. Turns out 2 of the kids she was racing are their #3 and #4 league kids. And she was 1sec up on both, politely pushing them out of the way. There is a good chance one or both will end up racing her again at natl championships - and she was abusing them on their home track.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well karting was spirited. Haley is within .5sec of Jr. track record after 3 races, all with traffic. :rofl: Also a bunch of very angry little boys wearing NASCAR clothing getting throttled by a cute girl in lavender yoga pants and a tank top. So yeah...
Did they choke on their Skoal?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not how it works in Canadaland.
Yar har har...

Waited 1.5 hours at the clinic, showed doc the mole thing and she said "yep, that sure is a bump. ok in two weeks you'll get an appointment with the dermatologist".

So now I wait for the appointment phone call, where I'll probably be told to wait some more. :panic:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Edit:Thinking about it... This also means she's competitive, at least to some extent, nationally.

edit 2: for context to that edit. Turns out 2 of the kids she was racing are their #3 and #4 league kids. And she was 1sec up on both, politely pushing them out of the way. There is a good chance one or both will end up racing her again at natl championships - and she was abusing them on their home track.
This made my day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this thread is technically 4 minutes older than yours (4:26 vs. 4:29am)
that’s 3 minutes, bro
Not in anyway trying to compete with snow volumes of other monkey posters.

The 4" of wet cement outside is stupid heavy.
how manly is your snowblower tho

I skied. Copper since Berthoud was closed due to an avalanche on the road apparently. Parking was a shitshow. Fun day after all once I got parked. Skied with one of my residents.

66C33D30-21D6-4517-A009-C35D43D2031D.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ok it takes a lot to make my stomach turn but this got to me. I was running a few minutes late picking up my special needs client out in the Delta. Normally I hit the main intersection about the same time the school bus coming south. I herd lots of sirens a I finished my load and headed that way. A blue bmw with the front end ripped part was in the center divide, the driver was getting handcuffed. The front of the school bus was ripped open The fire fighters were triaging some kids in the field next to the road ambulances and police also on scene. If I had been on time like my usual pattern I might not be here right now. I fear that tonight will be filled with PTSD dreams

news article

Last edited: