Quantcast

***Turdsderp GMT***

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My penis is plenty big already.

Only has 31s because 235s weren't available.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That sucks and welcome to the club. Did they tell you the actual problem or what it’s called ?
The best estimate is that a studio mishap a few years ago did some damage, plus my right eardrum has scars from childhood infections. The doc gave me some explanations about why the symptoms are occurring. The echoes and distortion I occasionally get are related to how the brain processes the sound that I do hear. Some of it is the brain trying to fill in the gaps and reconcile what each side is hearing.

No named issue was given. It’s a combo platter of a couple of things. I was told the best course now is to minimize exposures to damaging sound levels going forward.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My penis is plenty big already.

Only has 31s because 235s weren't available.
On those trucks, 35s look "right" to me. 33s look decent too, but hey, at some point it gets to a point of diminishing returns.

I'd still love to have an 80 series on 40s, but uh, the Sawzall and BFG would be getting a serious workout to make that happen.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, you know the saying, "you don't know until you go", well, I went, and it was about perfect. Getting to know the Element better, and I think the 140 is overforking a little, I don't think it needs it. Wish I could make a 135 airshaft...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, you know the saying, "you don't know until you go", well, I went, and it was about perfect. Getting to know the Element better, and I think the 140 is overforking a little, I don't think it needs it. Wish I could make a 135 airshaft...
I've lost count of the amount of times that people have bailed on a ride because its raining or looks like rain, only for the sun to come out and the conditions turn perfect as soon I get to the trailhead.

Could you just run one or two less psi in the fork?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
On those trucks, 35s look "right" to me. 33s look decent too, but hey, at some point it gets to a point of diminishing returns.

I'd still love to have an 80 series on 40s, but uh, the Sawzall and BFG would be getting a serious workout to make that happen.
They came from the factory with 225s, lol.

They're slow and ponderous enough I don't have any need to make the steering or acceleration worse by addition of useless (to me) expensive rubber. It's my go-everywhere family truckster, and that it does admirably on even the smallest rubber.

With a lift and a shift of goals, things change...that said, I still like these as classic cars rather than modernized trail rigs. Current-era machined rims and bumpers and LEDs and stuff just look like crap on them to me. (Period-correct offroading stuff, fine if that's your use...)

An 80 or 100? Have at it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I've lost count of the amount of times that people have bailed on a ride because its raining or looks like rain, only for the sun to come out and the conditions turn perfect as soon I get to the trailhead.

Could you just run one or two less psi in the fork?
I will certainly try that, now that I look at my travel indicator/rubber band, it looks like I am only getting 130 anyway, its rriding high. I think a little less air/more compression might really help. Thanks for the suggestion!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The best estimate is that a studio mishap a few years ago did some damage, plus my right eardrum has scars from childhood infections. The doc gave me some explanations about why the symptoms are occurring. The echoes and distortion I occasionally get are related to how the brain processes the sound that I do hear. Some of it is the brain trying to fill in the gaps and reconcile what each side is hearing.

No named issue was given. It’s a combo platter of a couple of things. I was told the best course now is to minimize exposures to damaging sound levels going forward.
When my youngest was maybe two or three, she fell over running on a concrete driveway. In the moments between pain hitting and her inevitable response, I scooped her up for a hug, and by bad luck her mouth was a cm or so from my ear. Then the pain hit. I still have tinnitus in that ear to this day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is it normal to get random messages on LinkedIn regarding local job opportunities?

I haven't looked for a job in like 7 years and haven't used LinkedIn in like 5...so I have no clue how that crap works now..

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
When my youngest was maybe two or three, she fell over running on a concrete driveway. In the moments between pain hitting and her inevitable response, I scooped her up for a hug, and by bad luck her mouth was a cm or so from my ear. Then the pain hit. I still have tinnitus in that ear to this day.
Yikes. A staff member at the office said “the person who finds the cure for tinnitus is going to be a billionaire.”

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yikes. A staff member at the office said “the person who finds the cure for tinnitus is going to be a billionaire.”
Agreed. And the person who invents glasses that repel dirt and grease.

If I understand about tinnitus, as you alluded too, it’s apparently your brain being dumb, so some tech like Neuralink maybe the ultimate answer.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I will certainly try that, now that I look at my travel indicator/rubber band, it looks like I am only getting 130 anyway, its rriding high. I think a little less air/more compression might really help. Thanks for the suggestion!
Riding high is better than the opposite, IMO, also do you have an volume spacers in there?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Agreed. And the person who invents glasses that repel dirt and grease.

If I understand about tinnitus, as you alluded too, it’s apparently your brain being dumb, so some tech like Neuralink maybe the ultimate answer.
The guy I spoke to at intake (nurse/tech/assistant, not a doc) said his wild guess is - when neurons don't get stimulus they die off, so when damage to the hearing mechanism prevents the flow of stimulus the body goes into a self-preservation mode and generates an artificial audio signal. I don't know nearly enough about this to have an opinion, but that's certainly an interesting thought.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Probably. Brand new Pike Ultimate, I imagine they ship with one or two. Ill check when I get home.
There’s also the old ‘too much grease blocking the pressure equalisation port’ if still no joy. A classic for off the shelf forks.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Yeah, losing one’s hearing is a bit of a mind fuck. I cannot tell where sounds come from, most frustrating.

I use these for anything louder than a drill, including vacuum cleaners.