Quantcast

***Turdsdrep GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice to get the basement renovated but same problem still with getting materials in time. I had started telling the company what I needed in December. Apparently you have to call and tell them they are idiots before anything happens.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good day, friends!

Have that feeling of impending doom throughout my body, though I don't know when, why, or how.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Looks like Winter Park was the snow-god winner overnight at 12" or so, Copper at 5". But I'm off to the latter to ski with @Pesqueeb . We will survive somehow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
was planning to go for a ride at lunch but got a 1:00 meeting dropped on me yesterday afternoon. plus the 15yo is being more of a prick than usual. fts. :mad:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
was planning to go for a ride at lunch but got a 1:00 meeting dropped on me yesterday afternoon. plus the 15yo is being more of a prick than usual. fts. :mad:
"Have kids," they said.

"It'll be fun," they said.

:rant:

fuck is it friday yet
I'm close. Really close to calling it. :mad:

Seriously.

Sitting in a staff meeting that's so boring, it makes me contemplate how I'm expected to do this shit for another 30 years...
Somebody needs to cover my SS payments. Keep the nose to the grindstone, Junior!! :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seriously.

Sitting in a staff meeting that's so boring, it makes me contemplate how I'm expected to do this shit for another 30 years...
i definitely do not have the tolerance or patience another ~3 decades of this horse shit. i have expressed this to my wife. we have agreed that we will reevaluate retirement plans (specifically timing) post lawsuit.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Son was sent home from school after contact tracing found he was in class with a positive case. Of course that means I'm now working from quarantine

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Son was sent home from school after contact tracing found he was in class with a positive case. Of course that means I'm now working from quarantine
my sister's oldest had the same thing happen. it coincided with them finding out her in laws both tested positive, so they at least only had to quarantine once.

i have a cousin at penn state that just tested positive because one of his housemates is a dipshit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Previous employer aid me off right before Covid kicked off due to the sales team fucking up a few high dollar deals, the owners getting greedy and demanding too high a margin and our new prices costing us sales, and thus they ran out of money to pay me, and about 20 othersd. Now they're blowing up my phone and email demanding I come back because I left projects unfinished, and I left them in a lurch because they have no design staff, and have since lost sales because they can't make updates to current designs. WTF? They laid me off.

My field of fucks is rather fallow at the moment.

Oh well, back to shopping for lasers

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Previous employer aid me off right before Covid kicked off due to the sales team fucking up a few high dollar deals, the owners getting greedy and demanding too high a margin and our new prices costing us sales, and thus they ran out of money to pay me, and about 20 othersd. Now they're blowing up my phone and email demanding I come back because I left projects unfinished, and I left them in a lurch because they have no design staff, and have since lost sales because they can't make updates to current designs. WTF? They laid me off.

what do you is tell them you'll come back under a contract to finish the outstanding work at an hourly rate triple your previous pay rate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

Dude... you should totally tell them you'll come back on a contract basis. Then make your contract rate just RIDICULOUSLY high. $500/hr or something. Make sure you write in the contract that you'll get time and a half for overtime up to 50 hours, and double time after that. :rofl:

ETA: I really need to finish these threads before responding. @jonKranked :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
what do you is tell them you'll come back under a contract to finish the outstanding work at an hourly rate triple your previous pay rate.
Considered it, but my new gig pays pretty well, enough that I don't actually care about making any more money (Insert monocle emoji here), so that had crossed my mind, but they still owe other employees back pay and unpaid profit sharing, so I'm not sure I'd actually get paid for the work. Giving up my free time to work for a company that may not even pay me seems less than awesome.

Perhaps I'll propose some sort of a retainer system. They give me $10k up front, I bill at $500/hour until the money runs out.

If you find a good price and they're functional in space, I need a decent one for my godless heathen space laser defense shield to combat @mandown 's bass attack.
You think a 50w fiber laser would be able to start a wildfire from space? Only one way to find out....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Sounds an awful lot like their problem. :clue:

Wife got laid off this morning. Amazed it took so long.
Booo. She looking in the mean time? Or trying to ride it out until severance/funemployment ends?

I can keep an eye out, if you want.

Dude... you should totally tell them you'll come back on a contract basis. Then make your contract rate just RIDICULOUSLY high. $500/hr or something. Make sure you write in the contract that you'll get time and a half for overtime up to 50 hours, and double time after that. :rofl:

ETA: I really need to finish these threads before responding. @jonKranked :D
I did that when I got a callback from the company I retired from. They got the message.

Just got word that one of our local riders died in an avalanche in the Whites...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
functional wife. Not legal wife.
1612463394099.png

I did that when I got a callback from the company I retired from. They got the message.

Just got word that one of our local riders died in an avalanche in the Whites...
FUCK. We just had a slide in the San Juans that killed THREE people. Just recovered the bodies yesterday (avy happened on the 1st) - from reports they were buried 20 FEET deep. There was a photo of one of the SAR folks with a chainsaw cutting the snow - just to give you an idea how *solid* that shit sets up in an avalanche. :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
FUCK. We just had a slide in the San Juans that killed THREE people. Just recovered the bodies yesterday (avy happened on the 1st) - from reports they were buried 20 FEET deep. There was a photo of one of the SAR folks with a chainsaw cutting the snow - just to give you an idea how *solid* that shit sets up in an avalanche. :(
I saw those pictures, I can't imagine ...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
knowing you..... dysfunctional wife ;)

edit: actually, i take that back. you're definitely the dysfunctional one.
We definitely balance each other out in all the right/wrong reasons, that's for sure.

I got laid off from my first job after school after 5-6 years, and it was the best thing to ever happen to me career wise, fortunately. Hoping the same for her (she was pretty "meh" overall at her work, but the pay was pretty good and flexibility as far as hours couldn't be beat).
Booo. She looking in the mean time? Or trying to ride it out until severance/funemployment ends?

I can keep an eye out, if you want.
She might half-ass look, but timing wise it's pretty OK as daycare worries for womb turd #2 are now pushed out, as well as $$$ associated with that.

I'd like to convince her to get a job at my place making mucho dinero, but the technical side of things scares her. I tried to tell her some folks here at comparable positions have NO IDEA what they're doing and making upwards of ~$200k/yr.....worth a shot.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Considered it, but my new gig pays pretty well, enough that I don't actually care about making any more money (Insert monocle emoji here), so that had crossed my mind, but they still owe other employees back pay and unpaid profit sharing, so I'm not sure I'd actually get paid for the work. Giving up my free time to work for a company that may not even pay me seems less than awesome.

Perhaps I'll propose some sort of a retainer system. They give me $10k up front, I bill at $500/hour until the money runs out.

You think a 50w fiber laser would be able to start a wildfire from space? Only one way to find out....

Many moons ago the last project I worked on for a company was a high G calibration system the gubment used for accelerometers used in weapons testing. Not only did I ensure the system met all the requirements for that particular customer but I characterized the entire performance envelope so it could be sold to other customers.

A few years later I got a panicked phone call from them. They sold 50 units to the Air Force that needed to ship the following day and they couldn't get the system to meet their new requirements. I laughed as they were trying to reach G levels 5 times what it was capable of. They somehow blamed me. However I still had web access to my email account and I re-forwarded my original report and asked the CEOs secretary to pull the file where the official printed memo was as an officially documented "I told you so".

I really enjoyed that job but I left because I was afraid of getting caught up in their sketchy business practices and going to jail. I celebrated a good life decision with a few beers that night.