Quantcast

***Turdsdrep GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i do not miss paying for daycare.
Meh....I could go either way. Yes it's a lot of money, but it provides a lot more time/flexibility to us, and overall seems to benefit our son from a social standpoint vs. friends' kids that stay at home. Night and day.

I'm sure your snowflakes are just perfect though.:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Meh....I could go either way. Yes it's a lot of money, but it provides a lot more time/flexibility to us, and overall seems to benefit our son from a social standpoint vs. friends' kids that stay at home. Night and day.

I'm sure your snowflakes are just perfect though.:D
daycare isn't even an option right now due to circumstances.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
View attachment 156139

FUCK. We just had a slide in the San Juans that killed THREE people. Just recovered the bodies yesterday (avy happened on the 1st) - from reports they were buried 20 FEET deep. There was a photo of one of the SAR folks with a chainsaw cutting the snow - just to give you an idea how *solid* that shit sets up in an avalanche. :(
Aaaand another one in East Vail just today... FUCK. :(

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
"Have kids," they said.

"It'll be fun," they said.

:rant:
Im pretty sure kids are a ladder scheme.
People say "Have kids, It will be fun", because they are miserable and want others to suffer their pain, just like the person who told it to them, and the person that told them, etc....

Have to help set-up locations for a new benchstock, and they decided to go with a completely different bin labeling system compared to everyone else because fuck continuity.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
T minus 2 hours to getting the fuck out of here and heading to Santa Cruz to ride for the weekend. Also purchased a Manitou Circus Expert for the Evil DJ.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
People say "Have kids, It will be fun", because they are miserable and want others to suffer their pain, just like the person who told it to them, and the person that told them, etc....
In life it's important to know the right people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Have to help set-up locations for a new benchstock, and they decided to go with a completely different bin labeling system compared to everyone else because fuck continuity.

My sister begins every conversation complaining about her husband and kid and ends the conversation by asking me when I am getting married and having kids.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I love my kids, but they can definitely be a pain in the ass. The daycare/after school for them is the same cost as our mortgage. It will be massive for us in a few years when we are done, actually even a little relief by the time my oldest is done. At least we can afford it.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
I love my kids, but they can definitely be a pain in the ass. The daycare/after school for them is the same cost as our mortgage. It will be massive for us in a few years when we are done, actually even a little relief by the time my oldest is done. At least we can afford it.
Has daycare gotten progressively more expensive, or has it always been that way?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just imagine when you can get rid of the daycare AND the mortgage. :fancy:

Oh, wait. Then there's college expenses.

:rant:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Has daycare gotten progressively more expensive, or has it always been that way?
It's roughly $1000/kid every month. My youngest is 4 and in preschool. My oldest is 7 and in second grade. He gets dropped off around 7 and then has school and then stays until about 4:30 when my wife picks him up. On the plus side, the kids do have a lot of fun and have friends there. I do believe it helps their development being with other kids even in the non-school portion. But it ain't cheap. It's been about the same since my oldest was born. It's actually more expensive for infants. Once they are toddlers, the prices are a little lower and once they are out of diapers there's way more options. We could send them to the YMCA for a little less money (maybe $200 a month less?) but then we'd have to get them there and back and it's more of a circus and literally just a hunger games style of daycare from what we've seen.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
It's roughly $1000/kid every month. My youngest is 4 and in preschool. My oldest is 7 and in second grade. He gets dropped off around 7 and then has school and then stays until about 4:30 when my wife picks him up. On the plus side, the kids do have a lot of fun and have friends there. I do believe it helps their development being with other kids even in the non-school portion. But it ain't cheap. It's been about the same since my oldest was born. It's actually more expensive for infants. Once they are toddlers, the prices are a little lower and once they are out of diapers there's way more options. We could send them to the YMCA for a little less money (maybe $200 a month less?) but then we'd have to get them there and back and it's more of a circus and literally just a hunger games style of daycare from what we've seen.
$1800/mo at the highest (infant), $1550/mo now for a 3yo

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Yikes. What about Boy and Girls club? Is that still a thing?

My parents just told me to go outside but be back before dark.
Think they are still looking for you or did they give up?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, they basically just throw all the kids together literally from toddlers to like 8th grade. My youngest in I guess a 'private' daycare. Sounds fancy, but it's how they all pretty much are until they start Kindergarten. Oldest is basically on campus care before and after school. Way more convenient. Next year, my youngest will go to the same place so at least it will be more convenient. Both kids will be in the same location.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
:twitch:
Massachusetts
Monthly Child Care Costs in Massachusetts
Child care services in Massachusetts are prohibitively expensive to most families. Infant care costs $1,743 per month and center-based care for school-aged kids can cost as much as $1,258 per month.

Monthly Child Care Affordability in Massachusetts
There are no states with more expensive child care than Massachusetts. Only the District of Columbia has less affordable child care than the Bay State. The median family here would spend nearly 23% of their household income on child care for one infant. Many parents rely on before and after school programs to supplement their need for affordable child care.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I finally figured it out, SS misheard the aphorism he is so fond of citing:

It's the making (or not making) of the babies that's the fun part... not the "having" part.