Quantcast

@@@Turdsdump Gee EM Tee@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slet soundly for the first time in a week, YAY . Gonna be a 200 mile day. starting off with a 28 mile drive just to get to my first pick up. Oh Joy.....got an hour to drink espresso and eat before I head out....can you say espresso..sure you can.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Stirring up some shit over at the vintage razor forum. If you think this group is a bunch of crotchety crusty old guys, head over to a vintage razor forum sometime. They are insufferable but oh boy are they fun to work up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Didn't get to sleep until after 1 and Hannah woke me up at 6. Managed to squeeze in an extra hour, but damn I'm hurting.

Economic data came out today and it's fucking bad.
U.S. economy contracted at fastest quarterly rate on record from April to June as coronavirus walloped workers, businesses
By Rachel Siegel and Andrew Van Dam

Back-to-back meetings 9-4 today. Today will not be fun.
Got another sheet of wood cut last night, but that was it. Tonight will probably be cuts too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a week in thehelluride and surrounding area first week in october sounds about right.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Crazy how you used to be able to get air at gas stations for free, and now they want to charge you for it. I guess thats just inflation.

Here. Didn't get to sleep until after 1 and Hannah woke me up at 6. Managed to squeeze in an extra hour, but damn I'm hurting.

Economic data came out today and it's fucking bad.
U.S. economy contracted at fastest quarterly rate on record from April to June as coronavirus walloped workers, businesses
By Rachel Siegel and Andrew Van Dam

Back-to-back meetings 9-4 today. Today will not be fun.
Got another sheet of wood cut last night, but that was it. Tonight will probably be cuts too.
You know, I just did not see that coming. Color me surprised.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've been reading a surprisingly fascinating book on climbing stairs. It's a step-by-step guide.

a week in thehelluride and surrounding area first week in october sounds about right.....
ORLY? Turns out, the lil' lady and I will be camping in Telluride Town Park in our new-to-us Sprinter, Vinnie, the first weekend in October. We've already got the spot reserved. We'll mostly be there with a pile of friends that include her sister and sister's boyfriend (actually it's their friends, we're just joining in) but it'd be fun to meet up for a cold one at Telluride Brewing Co. if you're up for it and we can squeeze it in.

Question for monkeys who have recently refinanced: where did ya'll go for your mortgage and such? I think @Toshi @stoney @Adventurous and maybe some others have recently refinanced, I wanna say some of you have gone through Costco? Is there already a thread on this? Someone help me out. My interest rate is good but not stupid low great (it's 4.25%) and I am working with a friend / riding partner who's a mortgage broker (references available upon request) but I'd be down to explore other options while I have him look into it for me as well.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Question for monkeys who have recently refinanced: where did ya'll go for your mortgage and such? I think @Toshi @stoney @Adventurous and maybe some others have recently refinanced, I wanna say some of you have gone through Costco? Is there already a thread on this? Someone help me out. My interest rate is good but not stupid low great (it's 4.25%) and I am working with a friend / riding partner who's a mortgage broker (references available upon request) but I'd be down to explore other options while I have him look into it for me as well.
I just got a quote for 15yr at 2.75%. 30yr around 3.25. (grain of salt, varying mileage, etc)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've been reading a surprisingly fascinating book on climbing stairs. It's a step-by-step guide.

ORLY? Turns out, the lil' lady and I will be camping in Telluride Town Park in our new-to-us Sprinter, Vinnie, the first weekend in October. We've already got the spot reserved. We'll mostly be there with a pile of friends that include her sister and sister's boyfriend (actually it's their friends, we're just joining in) but it'd be fun to meet up for a cold one at Telluride Brewing Co. if you're up for it and we can squeeze it in.

i will socially distance drop you a six pack...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We've done a few through Costco* their origination fees are locked depending on your member tier, but you still got title insurance and appraisal fees...

Some (other) lenders will waive appraisals, also wouldn't hurt to reach out to current lender re rates as they may have deals.

*I was close to refi at the nadir rates 2 months back but think I may wait and put $20k of our real estate "winnings" from Idaho against principal (in 2021) and then refi a lower amount even if it costs me a bit in higher rate...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm using Lending.com via Costco Finance. Appraisal waived, no points, indeed 0.27 points back to me as a credit, 15 year fixed, 2.625%. On a jumbo refi balance net fees will be something like $800-900. (I have to bring escrow money to closing for prepaids, sure, but will get my old escrow balance back so that doesn't count.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One of my friends in the Midwest just refied at 2.75% x 30 year fixed, if you want something as a stretch goal. Not sure points, fees, etc. Appraisal waived for her as well. She went through a local broker.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
bankrate.com will give you an idea of what might be available based on your balances, credit etc without needing to give any personal details.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Costco. Executive Membership. Saved cost vs. normal is greater than cost of membership.

We just got our fixed 30@3% finished a month ago. Total cost is break even in 18m iirc and the saved cost (if put back into the mtge) will pay off 3yrs earlier iirc.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Costco. Executive Membership. Saved cost vs. normal is greater than cost of membership.

We just got our fixed 30@3% finished a month ago. Total cost is break even in 18m iirc and the saved cost (if put back into the mtge) will pay off 3yrs earlier iirc.
Any idea on the rates available to Executive members vs. Goldstar members? I peeked at CostcoFinance.com just now as a Goldstar member and I'm not super impressed with the rates I'm shown, several are higher than what I have now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good luck with that. The market right now is like someone with their fingers in their ears saying, "Lalalalalalala - I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" :disgust1:

The market is up, but money is worth a lot less. Would be interesting to see market value based on the dollar index.

https___d6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net_prod_edc4e1a0-d185-11ea-9088-c140e7e40a2d-standard.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Any idea on the rates available to Executive members vs. Goldstar members? I peeked at CostcoFinance.com just now as a Goldstar member and I'm not super impressed with the rates I'm shown, several are higher than what I have now.
the executive membership is worth it. we spend enough there that the membership pays for itself with the cashback from the executive.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rates are same, afaik. Executive caps lender fees lower, enough so that it'd pay for itself immediately.