Quantcast

Turkey Day celebration

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
So what am I grateful for? Let's see...

Stupid weather forecasters
Their prediction: low 40s with a mix of rain, sleet and snow. Actual weather: mid 60s, light breeze, mostly cloudy.

Quality local trails
My home trails are about 5 minutes from my house and offer a little bit of everything EXCEPT flat ground. Lots of ups and downs means good climbs and better descents. Roots and wet leaves provide some technical difficulty, add in a few rocks to keep you honest and it makes for some high quality riding.

My Yeti
I love this bike. After being on the shelf most of the summer with various mechanical problems, it's finally back and rideable. Don't get me wrong... my SS is a great ride, but there's something about the do-it-all-and-do-it-well 575 that makes me grin ear to ear.

Riding buddies
It was really nice to ride with someone for a change (most of my rides are solo). It was just two of us today, and we are matched very well, so there wasn't any waiting for people, picking easier routes, or feeling like we had to press to keep the pace up. It was a great ride.

splat

Nam I am
So what am I grateful for? Let's see...

Stupid weather forecasters
Their prediction: low 40s with a mix of rain, sleet and snow. Actual weather: mid 60s, light breeze, mostly cloudy.
I know the feeling the forecast was for clear and high 50's low 60's what we got was 40's and cloudy/drizzle all day. and I had planned on doing an Assault on the Mt Kearsarge toll road

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
cool pics! But I woulda gone really slow through that stream crossing.
Most of the crossings are near the parking area/trail head. We went slow through them on the way out (to stay dry), then the guy I was riding with bombed through them on the way back. He was close enough to the car that he didn't care if he ended up cold and wet.