Quantcast

***turkey day GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, that was the most painful night since breaking ribs.
I was honestly tying to think of a way I could score some heroin (which I have never touched), it hurts that much.
Hope y’all have a fabulous day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, that was the most painful night since breaking ribs.
I was honestly tying to think of a way I could score some heroin (which I have never touched), it hurts that much.
Hope y’all have a fabulous day.
:dislike: have you tried prescription opioids?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There is nowhere to get them, that’s my point. The doc in a box could only prescribe Tylenol 3, and I am not doing a hospital visit just for some drugs, they wouldn’t give me anything much more than that, anyway. It’s thanksgiving, I am far from home, no doctors to see.
I just wanna be a responsible opiate user till I can get back home, damnit!

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Will break my fast this morning, at about 85 hours.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Happy turkey day you filthy animals. Gonna get a greenway spin in before eating then a surf afterwards. Sadly in the part of Florida where my parents live there are no good trails.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi and TURKEY MONKEYS!! I slept late then went for a four mile jog. I'd have loved to run a race this morning but I need to save my legs for my marathon Sunday. Eff. Family invasion starts at my house at 2:00. Anyway, free coffee at Cumberland Farms today!! :headbang: Remember folks, you can have anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hi and TURKEY MONKEYS!! I slept late then went for a four mile jog. I'd have loved to run a race this morning but I need to save my legs for my marathon Sunday. Eff. Family invasion starts at my house at 2:00. Anyway, free coffee at Cumberland Farms today!! :headbang: Remember folks, you can have anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.
Twenty seven 8 by 10 color glossy photographs

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
...except Alice.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
2 hour snow shoe through fresh 2ft deep powder, ready to eat all the things at a neighbours house.
20191128_075545.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just a reminder. Don't forget about the dinner rolls. Put the cranberry sauce can in the fridge so you can serve it cold. The butter needs to be soft for the table and the mashed potatoes. Happy thanksgiving all of you....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I know a way you could eat massive piles of the most fattening foods possible and still lose weight. Wouldn’t you just love to plow through 3000-5000 calories per day and still drop pounds of fat ?
I remember reading about John Stamstad downing a whole can of Cheez Whiz while in the midst of one of his mega-rides.

That said, I’m satisfied with the evidence behind a diet (when not fasting intermittently!) that minimizes vegetable oils/omega-6 in general, minimizes sugar (inclusive of fructose), and has a moderate level of carbs. Minimize insulin area under the curve!
Holy balls, augured in hard enough on Cleanzer to really ring my bell. Like, maybe new helmet time. Beer time in the lodge. Im done.
Make sure you’re mentally clear before driving home! Don’t add insult to injury, as it were.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I remember reading about John Stamstad downing a whole can of Cheez Whiz while in the midst of one of his mega-rides.

That said, I’m satisfied with the evidence behind a diet (when not fasting intermittently!) that minimizes vegetable oils/omega-6 in general, minimizes sugar (inclusive of fructose), and has a moderate level of carbs. Minimize insulin area under the curve!
At the half way point on the AT there is a country store that sells ice cream. They call it the half gallon challange. Thru hikers can plow through it a matter of minutes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
asked youngest brother how the audi was in the snow coming from a landcruiser....

response

passing subarus on the right as usual....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I know a way you could eat massive piles of the most fattening foods possible and still lose weight. Wouldn’t you just love to plow through 3000-5000 calories per day and still drop pounds of fat ?
In one town during Tour Divide I recall eating a salad and two entrees where I stopped for dinner (ordering double entrees always confused people). Got back to the little motel room and ordered a 12" pizza and a pint of B+J as a chaser.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy shoppers hell. I580 had a 4 mile back up of folks trying to exit to the Livermore Outlets. Damn road is 5 lanes wide exit is one. Morons were trying to cut in from the fast lane. You go one more exit and they are running a free transit bus shuttle from the college. no waiting , the bus has a priority lane for drop offs. these folks are going to sit for hours trying to find parking. College lot was mostly empty with over 5000 parking spaces. Dumbasses.
IMG_20191128_160840407~2.jpg
dash cam shot from express lane

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
holy shoppers hell. I580 had a 4 mile back up of folks trying to exit tot he Livermorre Outlets. Damn road is 6 lanes wide exit is one. Morons were trying to cut in from the fast lane. You go one more exit and they are running a free transit bus shuttle from the college. no waiting , the bus has a priority lane for drop offs. these folks are going to sit for hours trying to find parking. College lot was mostly empty with over 5000 parking spaces. Dumbasses.View attachment 138927 dash cam shot from express lane
A huge local park holds an annual light festival that covers the entire grounds. It draws tens of thousand visitors, all in cars. In fact the only way to see the show is by car as you drive very slowly through. On the weekends there will be traffic backed up on the highway for miles. So basically people are willing to sit for hours in traffic only to pay an entrance fee and then continue sitting in their cars. :no:

The park has some Flow Easy trails which can be fun at night, but I get chased by the Po po every-time. Seems bike lights distract from the paying show. I always make them work for it though, followed by, "Oh really, I can't ride here during the Festival ?"